Evgeni Plushenko | Page 123 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hard to believe the Snow King will premiere in just a few days. As I understand it, they're going to do a run-through before the official premiere, right? With just invited guests? I can't wait for the reports!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hard to believe the Snow King will premiere in just a few days. As I understand it, they're going to do a run-through before the official premiere, right? With just invited guests? I can't wait for the reports!
Time flies so quickly!!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

On 4th December will be the first show for just the invited guests and the media with press-conference. The invited guests are children from orphanages, friends, fans( Irina-anaiskaanais), celebrities and so on...( I won't be surprised if some leaders of Russian Skating Federation also will be invited) We will see..

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Spectator
I don't know yet. I hope anybody will translate for us they promised it..
Since I couldn't find a translation, I translated it myself on the fly (sorry about possible grammatical mistakes):

Press conference at the Olympic Games in Ulan-Bator 2054

Plushenko: Big thanks to everybody who supported me. Without you there wouldn’t be these 100 Olympic medals.

Reporter: Evgeni, will you be participating in the next Olympic Games in 2058 in Bagdad?

Plushenko: It’s important to end your career in your peak form. Apart from that it’s important to make way for the young. However, I’m only 72 years old, that’s why, OF COURSE, I will be participating in 2058.

Reporter: Evgeni, which disciplines will you be taking part in?

Plushenko: Most likely, I’m going to step down from the individual events. As far as team-events go…likewise. But among the Android-class I will try to repeat my accomplishments from today's Olympic Games. Moreover I’m preparing a new element: I’m going to spin in the air without touching the ground for three minutes. I call it the “Plushel”.

Reporter: Evgeni, how are you going to combine all that with your job?

Plushenko: Most likely, I’m going to my resign from my position as the Minister of Sports, but at the end of the day, Julia Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya could always replace me in that position. All in all, Russia: Just wait for victory at the next Winter Olympics in Bagdad! Thank you. Always yours, Evgeni Plushenko.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
"VERY" WELCOME Smooth Criminal!!! :dance: Thank you for your wonderful translation! :yes:

LOL! I just love that guy!!!:cheer:

LRK

Record Breaker
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That made me laugh until I had tears in my eyes - it's utterly marvellously wonderful! Love that man!

And

@Smooth Criminal - thank you so much, what a great first post - and welcome!

Franklin99

Medalist
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That made me laugh until I had tears in my eyes - it's utterly marvellously wonderful! Love that man!

And

@Smooth Criminal - thank you so much, what a great first post - and welcome!

One thing everyone can agree on, is that this man is never boring. From his performances to his interviews, he's always giving us a show.

@Smooth Criminal: thank you for translating this gem, much appreciated.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Welcome Smooth Criminal, and thank you yay for offering your translation services also...we can always use a Russian speaker or two around here!

I love Plushy's sense of humor about himself. But I truly hope he never grows out a real mustache...it's not a good look, I'm afraid. :disapp:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you for the translation, Smooth Criminal! Yulia replacing Plushy as Minister of Sports because he'll be concentrating on the android event... :rofl:

Maybe we should keep the picture handy to haunt the men's threads whenever splatfests happen... :slink:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for the translation, Smooth Criminal! Yulia replacing Plushy as Minister of Sports because he'll be concentrating on the android event... :rofl:

Maybe we should keep the picture handy to haunt the men's threads whenever splatfests happen... :slink:

I like this idea. No comment - just post the picture. :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I love Plushy's sense of humor about himself. But I truly hope he never grows out a real mustache...it's not a good look, I'm afraid. :disapp:

I hope too..He looks like an old roadside motorist who just got off the Harley Davidson.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66N2Y2fi7pc( He has BMW ) Evgeni Plushenko: Born to be wild! :laugh:

very great idea!! I will do that!:laugh:

All videos in this playlist Master-class for kids 29.11.2014, Moscow: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVze-YWYNijPb7wSixd7E5xM8CXIdYgZp Plushy is funny and a born teacher..

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Since I couldn't find a translation, I translated it myself on the fly (sorry about possible grammatical mistakes):

Thank you so much Smooth Criminal! :clap:

Hope you don't mind that I linked your translation on Tumblr because we were all wondering what he was saying.

Heh, heh, I just love how he says "I call it the 'Plushel'." :)

Smooth Criminal

Spectator
Hope you don't mind that I linked your translation on Tumblr because we were all wondering what he was saying.
Feel free to do whatever you want with it. :)

I was actually worried whether or not the jokes could be properly translated not only from Russian into English but also from video into text-form. Just the way he acts and says things had me in tears. :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Feel free to do whatever you want with it. :)

I was actually worried whether or not the jokes could be properly translated not only from Russian into English but also from video into text-form. Just the way he acts and says things had me in tears. :laugh:

No, it works very well - of course I did see the video first, though I didn't understand, so I had an image of him speaking - but... it's such a great parody, because it's so very much in his style, you could almost imagine it was true! :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Evgeni Plushenko @EvgeniPlushenko · 1h 1 hour ago
Друзья! Скоро в Москве я открою свою школу фигурного катания для детей всех возрастов и проф. спортсменов. Ваше мнение и возраст желающих?

"Friends! Soon in Moscow, I open my own school of figure skating for children of all ages and prof. athletes. Your opinion and age wanting?"