Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
New interview with Plushy:

Google translation:

On New Year's vacation in St. Petersburg went ice show double Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko "Snow King". In the title role - Snow King made himself. The correspondent of "Fontanka" met with a figure skater, and learned about the chances of Russian skaters at the European Championships and about whether to wait for the appearance of the fifth Olympics Plushenko.

- How long had the idea to create such a show?
- The idea came long ago, but due to the fact that I constantly performed at various events, including the Olympic Games in Sochi, we were not able to realize this project, but after the Olympics, we decided nevertheless to miss a couple of seasons and give this holiday for parents and children. And we got it done. The project employed more than 200 people. The show put more budget. We plan to travel around the world. Now there are already proposals from Europe and China. Naturally, the performances will be in the Russian regions. I'm in the show are the best athletes in the world. This world champions and Olympic medalist Brian Joubert, Tomas Verner, Johnny Weir, Irina Slutskaya. Many thanks to Dima Bilan, who recorded for us a beautiful song, beautiful director Alexey Golubev and my wife Jan, who lives in this project, and indeed all the staff.

- Your spouse, if I am not mistaken, said that the show invested about $ 2 million. How much do you plan to recoup these costs?
- In fact, there were more invested. First of all we wanted to do something new. I wanted to combine acrobatics on ice, figure skating and full meter cinema. You saw a huge monitor that rises and falls during the show. Beautiful scenery. This is all, of course, does not pay off, but we did not show for this purpose. First of all we would like to appear on the world market is a world view, and we got it. All of our athletes do complex elements. This is my principal position.

- Why do you have a basis for it is a fairy tale "Snow Queen"?
- I am all over the world called Ice King - Ice King. A long time ago, we thought of Jana option completely new tale. Then we decided to still take the "Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen.

- At the show I watched, there were a few drops of skaters after the jump. You once shtrafuete them for it, or just criticize?
- The penalty is not, but, of course, for such things, I scold them. Although well aware that we are all humans. Once again, let me remind you guys do complex elements, such as a cascade of "triple toe loop - triple toe loop" or "triple toe loop - Euler - triple toe loop." I have not seen in other shows someone doing such stunts. So if they fall from the light element, I swear. If they tear more complex elements, no.

- Are all went smoothly in the preparation of the show?
- We got a little bit under the sanctions. There was a foreign company, which took us to carry on Russia, but at the last moment we were thrown. So now we do everything in our country themselves. Many thanks to one company - manufacturer of toothpaste. They have seriously helped out in this difficult situation.

- Do not have any of the sanctions problem with the world tour show?
- Now we have no problems, everything is going very well. Such a situation we have emerged only in Russia, but we do not upset, on the contrary, even delighted that we can now carry out all by yourself. Were experiences that do not sell, but it turned out - at every show sold out. I would like to continue to do these activities at the city level to Petersburg, I all the same from St. Petersburg. Thus we bring children to the sport. They will look at the professional skaters and also want to be able to so.

- Once you are from St. Petersburg, and you have such plans, then why his figure skating school you opened in Moscow?
- I have yet nothing is opened, you misinformation. My school will be opened in St. Petersburg and Moscow. In general, I plan to open their own schools in all regions of the country. I also plan to travel with master classes for children, train, organize conferences. It plans for the future, but the desire is there.

- Your coach Alexei Mishin, together with Tamara Moskvina also recently created his own school in St. Petersburg. Plan to help him?
- We work with Alexei Nikolaevich 20 years, and anywhere I'm not going away. Therefore, together we will do our business in the future. Alexei gave me a lot of sporting life. For this I am grateful.

- About a year has passed since the operation. How do you feel better now?
- To be precise - 10 months. I feel much better now. Recently went to the championship of Russia as a guest. Spoke at demonstrations. Made 3.5 turns axel, a quadruple toe loop. By the way, I made a quadruple toe loop in general only of those who participated in those demonstrations. Desire to continue to compete there, but after a few years. Look at your state, if all goes well, why not try to go to the fifth Olympics?

- Why on demonstrations to perform such complex elements?
- If you have reached such heights in the sport, it is necessary to keep the level and show the younger generation that we should strive to do so. Plus you and the plant itself, prove that you are in shape.

- What do you think about the chances of Russian singles at the European Championships?
- I am very happy for Sergei Voronov, which shows the second season in a row riding stable, and this year he became a much better ride. Ravens probably heard my words: I gave him direction through media interviews, to be sure made a second quad in the championship of Russia. He eventually it did. It will be interesting to see how the young athlete perform Pitkeev as show itself Maxim Kovtun. All in their hands.

- Another student of your mentor Alexei Mishin Elizabeth Tuktamysheva finally overcame a black band and shows lately very good results.
- From its results and performances, I am in a light shock. Lisa has made great strides after the injury, it is very much back ached, then leg. I know that now she is working on Axel in 3.5 turns, which it will be very necessary. Now it shows the real female figure skating. She, too, everything turns out, God forbid her to Europe and perform adequately.

- What is the boom in female Russian figure skating?
- Just a generation. Remember, we have a long time there was virtually no skaters. Irina Slutskaya both got up, went to work - and no one else. Now, maybe the coaches began to pay more attention to the girls began to train differently. Yes, we now have a lot of very strong women. A similar situation, by the way, now in Japan. Most likely in the next few years the main struggle in the women's figure skating will be between our two countries.

- In your show rolls around another peterburzhenka Katarina Gerboldt with Frenchman Brian Joubert. In the future, they plan to continue to perform at competitions, but our other renowned figure skater Ilya Averbukh once said that the ceiling of this pair is just such a show here. How do you think?
- Guys just started skating together. Who is to say that they did not work, just nonsense. It's a sport! If guys ask themselves the purpose and will train and work, they will succeed. The main thing - keep the faith and dream. Nobody knew before that at age 32, you can continue to ride and do a quadruple jump. You can do it. No one in four Olympics for a long time did not speak and did not win on each coin. You can? You can. You can speak to the fifth Olympics? This is just nobody knows until this has never been done before. So we try.
Artem Kuzmin, "to Fontanka.ru"

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
@Plushyfan
Blah, it's a pro competition, does it still have to be COP-friendly? At least the StSq won't the levelled (the spins won't be as well, I hope?).

I have my own little celebration if he skates to Carmen, even if the whole world groans. :cheer: I think it's too long though... Much easier to extend Adagio than to cut Carmen.

@Gallavich
Thanks for the interview! Interesting he sees the main competition in women's not as from the US, but from Japan...

- Why on demonstrations to perform such complex elements?
- If you have reached such heights in the sport, it is necessary to keep the level and show the younger generation that we should strive to do so. Plus you and the plant itself, prove that you are in shape.
Love this part. Maybe that quad will be good motivation to other skaters--the perform and keep performing. :) Not sure what the "plant" is, but...

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
Love this part. Maybe that quad will be good motivation to other skaters--the perform and keep performing. :) Not sure what the "plant" is, but...

I think (using my elementary Russian to read the article) that he trying to say that he makes himself prove that he is still in form.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Still... Carmen... :slink: maybe Assisai? :popcorn:
Didn't he say he wanted to do a quad? I don't think it's possible in the Assisai outfit. :think:

I think (using my elementary Russian to read the article) that he trying to say that he makes himself prove that he is still in form.
Yeah, I got that part. Just curious what "plant" itself was in Russian (body, I guess?).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The MWO will be 5 days time. We don't need to wait for a long time.... Evan,Johnny, Jeffrey, Oda, Honda and Plushy..that will be great competition...

Evan vs Johnny and Evan vs Plushy will be very exciting...

two new montages :

this is something! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9rPqkcsS1U Evgeni Plushenko - Magic Stradivarius || Евгений Плющенко by fanactors. really beautiful!!!

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no1V0_FTedM - Evgeni Plushenko - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy those women are very shameless persons. :laugh: " Those hips don't lie" :laugh2:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
before "Snow King" show 04.01. - @EvgeniPlushenko and @JohnnyGWeir train synchronous Triple Axel's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhNJuGgMAec :clap:

"Snow King" 2nd show 04.01. - Plushenko jumped Triple Axel) "@vera23710: Evgeni Plushenko and Johnny Weir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUd-Oi-uHcc

one of the most beautiful pictures about the show http://instagram.com/p/xr6wDvLgHr/

the royal family ( Meoima ;) ) "@yanarudkovskaya: Our family ❤️ Andrey, Nikolay, Alexander and Evgeni! 20.01. in the new issue of "Hello" magazine http://instagram.com/p/xtdIMslSMb/ "

(one more homevideo from Sash'a B-day 06.01, 1st show) "@vera23710: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jIuw67GfI …" Sasha is incredible cute at the end of the video...:love:

one of the footbal videos : Football before "Snow King" shows 5.1.2015, Petersburg - Plushenko, Joubert, Verner, Gerboldt...:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAmq0OpGeJY

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I just had a wild thought as I was reading the Yulia threads (but I dare not post it there, as I'm sure it would bring the haters out ;) ) What if Plushy became her coach? :shocked: He could work with her on jumps, she wouldn't have to move, he could give her individual attention...I know it's crazy, but no more crazy than some of the other suggestions I've seen for her (Morozov?? :disapp:).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just had a wild thought as I was reading the Yulia threads (but I dare not post it there, as I'm sure it would bring the haters out ;) ) What if Plushy became her coach? :shocked: He could work with her on jumps, she wouldn't have to move, he could give her individual attention...I know it's crazy, but no more crazy than some of the other suggestions I've seen for her (Morozov?? :disapp:).

I've already dreamed about this!!! Many times! :yes:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I like your idea! Oh, can you imagine that? Are they together ? That would be crazy! The arena would explode every time!!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I've already dreamed about this!!! Many times! :yes:

I like your idea! Oh, can you imagine that? Are they together ? That would be crazy! The arena would explode every time!!

Yay! Great minds think alike. :biggrin: The only thing is that he seems to have committed to doing quite a few shows this year...I'm not sure what his schedule looks like for the foreseeable future. And of course, they would both have to like the idea of working together. But even if she just trained with him for a bit on a trial basis, it would be very interesting.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yay! Great minds think alike. :biggrin: The only thing is that he seems to have committed to doing quite a few shows this year...I'm not sure what his schedule looks like for the foreseeable future. And of course, they would both have to like the idea of working together. But even if she just trained with him for a bit on a trial basis, it would be very interesting.

:agree:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If this happened the forums would explode out of sheer confusion (but thankfully you came out to warn us ahead of time!! Darn it, it's not April yet?) Just imagine the :drama: the haters... plus some baffled reaction interviews from Mishin.

On a serious note, I still stand by what I said before: When Plushy becomes a coach, it might be better if his first full-time student is a relative unknown. Seems kinda thankless to take on star students right off the bat, because if you succeed people can say, "Oh, it's just the groundwork from their previous coach," and if you fail, you're accused of ruining their career. Seems like a challenge for someone who has some experience under their belt.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If this happened the forums would explode out of sheer confusion (but thankfully you came out to warn us ahead of time!! Darn it, it's not April yet?) Just imagine the :drama: the haters... plus some baffled reaction interviews from Mishin.

On a serious note, I still stand by what I said before: When Plushy becomes a coach, it might be better if his first full-time student is a relative unknown. Seems kinda thankless to take on star students right off the bat, because if you succeed people can say, "Oh, it's just the groundwork from their previous coach," and if you fail, you're accused of ruining their career. Seems like a challenge for someone who has some experience under their belt.

Yes, I suppose you're right. Darn you and your logic. :biggrin: I was just thinking about how he spoke of her during the Olympics, and his familiarity with Liza's struggles. I believe he would have a lot of empathy for her and possibly have some idea how to build her confidence up again. But yes, it's probably best if he would start coaching a novice or young junior rather than making heads explode around the world by taking on Lipnitskaya. (Not that I wouldn't enjoy seeing some of those heads explode. :laugh2:)