Evgeni Plushenko | Page 140 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
On one of the VK figure skating pages (The Dream Team - All About Figure Skating), they have a poll for people to guess who will win the MWO. So far, 81 people have voted.

https://vk.com/newfk?w=wall-39026837_36567/all

Evgeni Plushenko 69.1% :agree:
Johnny Weir 9.9%
Evan Lysacek 8.6%
Nobunari Oda 7.4%
Takeshi Honda 1.2%
Jeffrey Buttle 0% (aw...)

I hope so...:cheer2: but I'm not sure..he had no time because of the shows...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I just hope it's a new program, or at least one that hasn't been skated in a while... Winning isn't a big deal here (my gut actually says Oda or Buttle, who still seem to have the tech skills).

Meoima

Match Penalty
On one of the VK figure skating pages (The Dream Team - All About Figure Skating), they have a poll for people to guess who will win the MWO. So far, 81 people have voted.

https://vk.com/newfk?w=wall-39026837_36567/all

Evgeni Plushenko 69.1% :agree:
Johnny Weir 9.9%
Evan Lysacek 8.6%
Nobunari Oda 7.4%
Takeshi Honda 1.2%
Jeffrey Buttle 0% (aw...)
Poor Jeff... But it does look like he has no chance... Plushy can win. He's more competitive than Oda.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, Jeffrey won the first MWO, which was also the last one...so it should be someone else's turn, right? ;)

I guess the competition will be taped & aired on Japanese tv on the 17th, so...I'm terrible at math, but I guess it won't be online until the middle of tomorrow night, at least, in my time zone. :cry: I wonder if there will be spoilers on here or on Twitter before then...I hate spoilers!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, Jeffrey won the first MWO, which was also the last one...so it should be someone else's turn, right? ;)
I guess the competition will be taped & aired on Japanese tv on the 17th, so...I'm terrible at math, but I guess it won't be online until the middle of tomorrow night, at least, in my time zone. :cry: I wonder if there will be spoilers on here or on Twitter before then...I hate spoilers!
I wonder if Plushy will pull a quad? :popcorn:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

This will actually be on at a decent hour for me here in Australia! :cheer2: Except, of course, for the fact my internet is even slower than usual so I probably won't even be able to watch it! :eek:hwell:

So I'm not sure now if I want to look for spoilers or hope for the best.

Meoima said:
I wonder if Plushy will pull a quad?

I hope he does because that would be so epic! :D Go, Plushy, go! :cheer:

LRK

Record Breaker
I think I want spoilers... it's best for my poor heart... By the bye, when is it on? I've totally lost track, I confess... well, any track I had a hold of in the first place - which wasn't much! :)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This nice person: https://twitter.com/maodai_1D is providing on the spot updates! I have to use Google Translate to understand it, but it seems Oda's on the ice now. It's very exciting! Oda did a quad, but I'm not sure if it was clean? (Google translate is really not clear sometimes)

Plushy skates last so...I guess him doing a quad will depend on how everyone else is going - Oda's the only one who's tried a quad so far though!

Goooo, Plushy, goo! :cheer2:

ETA: Woah! Oda's got 85.15, he's the one to beat, that's almost 9 points higher than Jeff Buttle (who's in second right now)!

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG OMG! Plushy didn't do a quad but...he WON!

86.95!

OMG I'm so happy for him! :D And somewhat embarrassed that I'm so excited despite not being able to see it and only reading about it...I have entered uber territory...:eek::

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
1.Plushenko to Je suis Malade, 3A, 3A+2T, 3Lz 42.40+44.55 86.95
2.Oda to Adios Nonino. 4T-3T, 3A(turn over), 3Lz(fall) 44.00+42.15-1.0 85.15
3.Buttle 3T-3T, 3Lz(saved), 2A(shaky) 31.33+45.95 77.28
4.Weir 3Lz-2T(tano), 3A(fall), 3T 75.14(TES 34.39)?
5.Lysachek 3F-2T, 3Lz, 3F 29.47+43.85 73.32
6.Honda to R&J, 3A(? fall), 3S, 3T(over turn)-2T, 14.41+37.00-1.0 50.41

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I saw Yana's posts on Instagram...she said she had tears for her husband. Aww. I knew he would do it! Still king of the ice! Sorry, haters! :biggrin:

I'm surprised Johnny fell on a 3A! :shocked: But I really just wanted him & Plushy to beat Evan...mission accomplished! :cheer2:

edit:

http://instagram.com/p/x6_leoFSDI/?modal=true

My hero on the screen for his replays just moments before his victory! He jumped an amazing triple axel and another triple axel in combination and of course, a clean program !! I am so proud of his energy, his love of sport and his strength! Thank you to all our fans for their support, love and belief!

Last edited: