Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The Lost Programs Show Tour...
ha-ha would be great! :)

some of them

Chopin SP 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPHWC9ZImCY he is physically beautiful on this video :love:

"Once upon a time in Mexico" SP 2005 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBX6K8TItc they changed it because of Lambiel...

Jewish melody LP 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9gyjnsLeIw doesn't fit for Plushy...

Gary Moore SP 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1IencFFoY Camerlengo

Romeo and Juliet LP 2012 -we have never seen, but those girls who were in Pinzolo in the traning camp, simply adored it- Miyamoto

Story of an Artist LP 2002 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coDu5l-gl9Q

Taka yak ty SP 2013/14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWzdsZBytg

Do you know more? :biggrin:

seniorita

Record Breaker
what was the sp Morosov did for him and he ditched it for Tosca in Torino?

I had seen Romeo and Juliete in Pinzolo and I m still mourning for it, the end was unbelievable, Kenzi was a genius.

whitebamboo

On the Ice
I remember there was also a Zhulin SP that was said to be "crazy", which was eventually discarded for Storm. That same season, there was maybe even a third LP by Lambiel, which was also never seen...I do have to say that I miss Jewish Melodies also--it's a different side of him, one that he doesn't usually show in competition. I also really would have loved seeing what the final version of Saint-Saens would have been.

BTW, I just saw that Mishin said the new SP music is "tango from Moulin Rouge" :jaw:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m almost sure this was not his planned sp
it didint look like a program, and besides he has been practising an sp 4 months (the riga one) and goes for some cut off from a previous Lp? Doesnt make much sense, his footwork seemed from Lp too.

Other than that, WOW for his jumps, I will start believe in Santa Claus

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm so thrilled about the results - I haven't seen any videos yet. But no, it makes no sense. I can only hope it's some stop-gap, emergency solution and that they don't mean to keep it... Well, maybe this has been discussed elsewhere - I shall go exploring...

LRK

Record Breaker
Here's Tatjana Flade's article:

http://www.figureskating-online.com/russian-nationals.html

She said on twitter that there is "more to come" Hopefully something will be clearer, as things are quite confusing at this point.

I was away for the day yesterday visiting my mother, and was quite shocked to hear what had happened. Well, more like "devastated", really... I had been worried, nervous, fearful even... but somehow I never actually doubted... Well, we'll see what we will see.

I do hope that he goes to Euros. But what will be will be.

(hands handkerchief to plushyfan) Cheer up, plushyfan - we'll get through this!

whitebamboo

On the Ice
I've had a hard time the last week, but now I am starting to emerge, too...

I saw TSL's gloating after the LP (and certain people on this forum taking it seriously), and at first I was furious, but now? It's actually a bit funny, too. A part of me almost wishes he has all that vast wealth, power and influence they fantasized! It would make things a lot easier for him, and for all of us, wouldn't it? What kind of an alternative universe do they live in?

He has already come this far. And this last week, though he did not skate the program The Best of Plushenko this time at his true level, in his words and actions during this difficult time, I saw, literally, the best of Plushenko.

I feel so fortunate to be his fan. Whatever happens, I will support him to the end.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I don't understand where this "coming off as arrogant" business comes from, either. It's getting kind of old.
To state that he has decided to give away his spot for the Men's event to a young skater and that he choses to take the Team Event spot after finishing 2nd of his Nationals lets him come off as arrogant to me.
Since that was merely a week ago, it can't be a "kind of old thing".

I feel so fortunate to be his fan. Whatever happens, I will support him to the end.
I'm genuinely happy for you and would never want to question or change that.

whitebamboo

On the Ice
To state that he has decided to give away his spot for the Men's event to a young skater and that he choses to take the Team Event spot after finishing 2nd of his Nationals lets him come off as arrogant to me.
Since that was merely a week ago, it can't be a "kind of old thing".

And I glanced at the top of the page here to make sure it's the fan fest thread...

But I am glad that you came here to say this, since I might as well also put down here some small facts that I mentioned in the other thread in The Edge regarding Plushenko's situation (in which I saw that you also just replied). Not that I expect to convince you or anything, but just for the benefit of anyone who happens to come by, and who might not know the entire situation.

Yes, Plushenko did make the statement that he would compete only in the team event at Sochi after the LP at Russian Nationals. However, it was in an interview immediately after his LP, and in direct response to a question that asked him, point-blank, to choose between the team and individual events. He replied that he chose the team event. A rather strange question to ask at that point, isnt' it? Then in the press conference, he said the same thing again.

Russian fans, as well as Tatjana Flade, found out after talking to Plushenko afterward that he had the incorrect notion of the rules at the time. He thought--wrongly--that the rule modification that the Russian Skating Fed. obtained said that now it could put up one male singles skater for the team event, and another one for the individual event, without any issue of the first skater withdrawing due to injury.

In other words, he essential thought that Russia had two different spots for men at that point. I don't know who told him that, and what else they said to him, but I have an idea.

After he found out the truth (Tatjana Flade wrote that he was surprised when she explained the true state of the rules for him), Plushenko said in another interview that he was "ready to accept any decision from the Federation, positive or negative". However, if chosen, he would strive to do both the team and individual events. He never mentioned the idea of doing only the team event again after that, but talked about the physical possibility of doing both (again, if chosen).

(BTW, Valentin Piseev, general director of the Russian Skating Fed., reacted to Plushenko's statement immediately by calling it a decision that "expressed patriotic feelings" and one that he supported. Later, Piseev changed his tune and said that what Plushenko said was due to him "not understanding the rules", and being in an emotional state.)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
And I glanced at the top of the page here to make sure it's the fan fest thread...

I'm very sorry. I wasn't aware of where this discussion was, as I just saw your post in my "activity stream" and just replied without even knowing there were specific rules for "fan fest" - but I do now.
But I'm happy I did since I really appreciate your clarification on what happened and on why Plushy's words were twisted that way. :)
Sorry again. :eek::

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm very sorry. I wasn't aware of where this discussion was, as I just saw your post in my "activity stream" and just replied without even knowing there were specific rules for "fan fest" - but I do now.
But I'm happy I did since I really appreciate your clarification on what happened and on why Plushy's words were twisted that way. :)
Sorry again. :eek::

Yes. This is fan thread, where the posters know him, love him, they have exact informations with him not only malicious assumptions and prejudices.I always recommend to the people obtain accurate informations and then judge ..

whitebamboo

On the Ice
Thanks very much, no problem at all. ;) I am just really glad that you read my post about what happened.

I can accept that he lost the competition, or that very possibly, maybe probably, he won't get to Sochi after all. But I am his fan not only because of what he does on ice. He is absolutely nothing like the picture TSL (and similar) invents.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I was rather shocked about his Lp skate rather than depressed, because I m not used to him having a meltdown, probably I felt bad that it happened in the most important showing so far, instead of last year, the year before etc. He has competed in the last 4 out of 5 national championships, yet that was the one. After a couple of days though and after getiing pissed with Mishin, I m fine and I believe one way or another it is for the best if he misses Sochi. :)