Evgeni Plushenko | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
to this thread http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ngevity-make-him-a-better-skater-than-Yagudin

Plushy is more diverse "Theater, drama, firework".. for example

Theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7c-9GqE3Q Mack the knife

Drama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGiUm7Vybqo Je suis malade (All versions of Vancouver performances were deleted in las month..:( )

Firework: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOIQ1aLGjg it seems he can dance hip-hop on ice :D

and he is only a jumper..they are blind??? I think not, but they don't know Plushy's programs..

Meoima

Match Penalty
The hip hop dance is so awesome! :laugh: It's true that Plushy has something that Yagudin doesn't, it's (self) sense of humor. :) He is always so fun to watch.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
"Je suis malade" program is just art:love:
Also "The Godfather" at the OG 2006...what a performance.

But still, I somehow wanted him to retire after Vancouver (with a gold medal there...).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
to this thread http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ngevity-make-him-a-better-skater-than-Yagudin

Plushy is more diverse "Theater, drama, firework".. for example

Theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7c-9GqE3Q Mack the knife

Drama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGiUm7Vybqo Je suis malade (All versions of Vancouver performance were deleted in las month..:( )

Firework: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOIQ1aLGjg it seems he can dance hip-hop on ice :D

and he is only a jumper..they are blind??? I think not, but they don't know Plushy's programs..

Thank you! I had to stop reading that thread because it was getting on my nerves. The haters should watch a few of Tim Goebel's programs, then watch Plushy and try to say he's nothing but a jumper. Give me a break!

He's also done Opera On Ice, latin music, Hava Nagila, disco, and if Asisai isn't real performance art, I don't know what is! I think he is one of the most diverse skaters of all time.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
But still, I somehow wanted him to retire after Vancouver (with a gold medal there...).

Hello neighbor! I am Hungarian :) You know I'm following him since Vancouver. I'm a big fan of him since 1998. But the computer wasn't my friend my english didn't exist I learn it because of Plushy( my english isn't good today, but I can use it ). I saw him in the competitons every years. But that isn't too much, I didn't read the international Fs forums and I didn't know his hungarian fan sites!!! He has 3 sites, but I didn't know them!
After Vancouver I started to follow his every steps. He has great Offical site, and a Twitter account, the Plushenko news. He is an open book for me.. He is in the Russian media very often, almost every days. His fans are everywhere so that was really great time!! I know his enemies in Russia(for ex Averbukh or Vaitsekhovskaya journalist) I read not only the good news and opinion about him. So many intrigues, secret games against him in the Russian skating world and sometimes in the media, too.( Tarasova, Averbukh, and Yagudin in these days, Vaitsehovskaya.....) After his withdrawal some journalists and some old skaters attacked him hardly. They didn't believe that he wanted to compete..Yana said many of them apologized Plushy because they don't know how serious was Plushy's injury.But most of the Russians like him!! Really a beloved athlete.

AND I REALLY KNOW HE DESERVES THE SPOT IN SOCHI!!! He worked so hard for it, I could follow when he beat the pain,when he wanted to give up..He is a great person....

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Hello neighbor! I am Hungarian :) You know I'm following him since Vancouver. I'm a big fan of him since 1998. But the computer wasn't my friend my english didn't exist I learn it because of Plushy( my english isn't good today, but I can use it ). I saw him in the competitons every years. But that isn't too much, I didn't read the international Fs forums and I didn't know his hungarian fan sites!!! He has 3 sites, but I didn't know them!
After Vancouver I started to follow his every steps. He has great Offical site, and a Twitter account, the Plushenko news. He is an open book for me.. He is in the Russian media very often, almost every days. His fans are everywhere so that was really great time!! I know his enemies in Russia(for ex Averbukh or Vaitsekhovskaya journalist) I read not only the good news and opinion about him. So many intrigues, secret games against him in the Russian skating world and sometimes in the media, too.( Tarasova, Averbukh, and Yagudin in these days, Vaitsehovskaya.....) After his withdrawal some journalists and some old skaters attacked him hardly. They didn't believe that he wanted to compete..Yana said many of them apologized Plushy because they don't know how serious was Plushy's injury.But most of the Russians like him!! Really a beloved athlete.

AND I REALLY KNOW HE DESERVES THE SPOT IN SOCHI!!! He worked so hard for it, I could follow when he beat the pain,when he wanted to give up..He is a great person....

Oh, that's very nice:) I started watching figure skating in 2005 and his program from the europeans was one of the first performances I've ever watched. Then I became immediately his fan and, of course, fan of figure skating. I was very sad when he didn't win another olympic gold in Vancouver and I still believe he deserved that title (really..I can't even remember Evan's programs...).
I'm sure it was very important for him to compete in Sochi and it was painful to see him withdrawing. I read lots of comments which said that he didn't really want to take part in the competition and that he thought he wouldn't compete before the event started, but I don't think so. He was injured, but he fought until the last second. I'm not a big fan of his programs this season, but maybe it the "Best of Plushenko" program was something he needed for his last performance.
With all the new talented skaters like Yuzu, Denis or Javi, he wasn't the star anymore in the event and that's why I preferred him not to come to the OG. He's a great champion and I wanted him to retire as the best in the world:) However, for his age, the performances from the team event were impressive. Maybe a little bit overscored at the SP because Sochi, but still impressive.

+I don't think Kovtun could have finished in the top 5. Plushenko deserved to be in Sochi, at least for his fantastic career.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
. Maybe a little bit overscored at the SP because Sochi, but still impressive.
Why do you think so? He did a perfect quad combo, 3A, a great step seq, he received law scores in total for his TRs.. He received 90,..points for his SP in Vancouver and in Torino too..

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Why do you think so? He did a perfect quad combo, 3A, a great step seq, he received law scores in total for his TRs.. He received 90,..points for his SP in Vancouver and in Torino too..

Well, it was a personal best in Sochi and I think he was better at the other OG. But nowadays it seems that judges are, in general, more generous with the top skaters than they were when he had no rival. I mean, now a top skater can win with many mistakes, but some years ago PCS couldn't mask the falls (mostly the case of Lambiel, because Plushenko usually didn't have mistakes like that)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well, it was a personal best in Sochi and I think he was better at the other OG. But nowadays it seems that judges are, in general, more generous with the top skaters than they were when he had no rival. I mean, now a top skater can win with many mistakes, but some years ago PCS couldn't mask the falls (mostly the case of Lambiel, because Plushenko usually didn't have mistakes like that)

I don't know..his SP was awesome in Sochi, and I think he received max. 1 points higher than at the other OG. That is absolute irrelevant. I'm going to look for the points.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The Neighbourhood – Lurk (Official Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP-y8as5v4

"The Neighbourhood’s" they used Plushy's "Sex Bomb" for their new music clip

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2014/04/the-neighbourhood-lurk-video-mixtape/

Retweeted by THE NBHD
OOTLYFE ‏@OOTLYFE Apr 21

OOT UPDATE: The Neighbourhood - Lurk (Official Video) [@thenbhd] … https://twitter.com/OOTLYFE/status/458383362554462208/photo/1

Evgeni Plushenko ‏@EvgeniPlushenko Apr 22

Good job guys! @thenbhd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP-y8as5v4 … #Lurk #TheNeighbourhood

THE NBHD ‏@thenbhd 11m

“@EvgeniPlushenko: Good job guys! @thenbhd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP-y8as5v4 … #Lurk #TheNeighbourhood” thanks dude! inspiring stuff!

:biggrin::biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Saw this on Twitter: he can't seriously be considering competing again next season?? :eek: Why do that to himself?

Appearance of Russian Team in figure skating at the Olympic Games in Sochi considered a success

On Thursday, April 24 was held meeting of Executive Committee of Russian Skating Federation (FFKKR), which summed up the Olympic season...

Executive Committee FFKKR reviewed the preliminary list of candidates for the national team. At the moment there is included all athletes, based on the selection criteria, prescribed in FFKKR documents....

In the preliminary list of candidates appears name of double Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko. Athlete's coach Alexei Mishin told to the Federation, that the 1st of June Plushenko will begin preparations for the next sports season.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Saw this on Twitter: he can't seriously be considering competing again next season?? :eek: Why do that to himself?

Appearance of Russian Team in figure skating at the Olympic Games in Sochi considered a success

On Thursday, April 24 was held meeting of Executive Committee of Russian Skating Federation (FFKKR), which summed up the Olympic season...

Executive Committee FFKKR reviewed the preliminary list of candidates for the national team. At the moment there is included all athletes, based on the selection criteria, prescribed in FFKKR documents....

In the preliminary list of candidates appears name of double Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko. Athlete's coach Alexei Mishin told to the Federation, that the 1st of June Plushenko will begin preparations for the next sports season.

:eek:

aschiutza

On the Ice
I am selfish, i don't want to see him return in competitions. That will eat too much from his health and time and i want to see him in loads of other skating projects, he could do so many creative things!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am selfish, i don't want to see him return in competitions. That will eat too much from his health and time and i want to see him in loads of other skating projects, he could do so many creative things!

I agree, he's won everything there is to be won, and he's paid the price with all of his surgeries...forget competing, and just do some entertaining show performances!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

I totally agree!! I also don't want to see him on competitons.. but probably this is just formality...

Artistry on ice China show 2014

25.07 Beijing
27.07 Shanghai
01.08 Guangzhou
03.08 Chinese Taipei

Cast:
Men: Evgeni Plushenko, Johnny Weir, Stéphane Lambiel, Han Yan
Women: Shae-Lynn Bourne, Joannie Rochette, Li Zijun
Ice dance: Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir
Pairs: Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao, Sui Wenjing / Han Cong, Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
Others: Edvin Marton, Vladimir Besedin / Olesky Polishchuk, Marie Pierre Leray

Meoima

Match Penalty

:jaw::jaw::jaw: Noway Plushy!! What the hell is going on!! I hope he just comes back training for shows only. There would be no way he want to compete again!!! OMG this is crazy!! Plushy, you need to take care of your health!

LRK

Record Breaker
Good Heavens above! Well, we'll just have to wait and see... I thought he was planning all those shows in the autumn? Okay, I can't deny feeling a tad anxious - which isn't an unusual feeling for a Plushy fan! - but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions yet and so start panicking, and I'll withold judgement.. for now. So, calm thoughts, people - calm thoughts! And.. we'll see what we will see.... (gulp)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Oh my! Certainly news of his return to competitive skating will confound and confuse both his enemies and friends! But I agree that let us wait and see first. I trust that his sound judgment and love for his family will not not make him take unnecessary risks to his health.