Evgeni Plushenko | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That's a lot of hair! And a lot of beard, which I hope he doesn't bring back. :biggrin: He probably thought it was a bit silly to be sporting a bright blond mullet for the Olympics at 31, but it's his trademark! (In my weirdo vision.) I wonder how he can skate with the hair flying everywhere. It just seems to settle back into place--wish my hair did that, lol.

I like when he is unshaved. And I totally agree his hair is his trademark. But his hair wasn't very popular in America, they always said he needs a haircut. They loved Yagudin's trendy haircut. But the world's other side adore it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_M569vny-M I find him incredible beautiful with flying extra long hair in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUBE9vh9fM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy7bcn-gAl0 and these are a little bit surreal..

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm American and I love Plushy's silky, flowing blond hair. :eek:: Would I like the mullet on anyone else? Heck no. He's just one of those rare people who are charismatic enough to pull off just about any look.

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushy tweeted today that the 3-hour(!!!) film about him will air on Japanese tv on May 3 (19:30 on channel TBS, just in case we have any Japanese fans here). Wonder how long we will have to wait to get it online (hopefully w/subtitles). I think it's pretty fantastic that even in a country with as many brilliant skaters as Japan, they still respect and admire Plushy. I know where Yuzuru will be on May 3 :popcorn::laugh:

3 hours! Wow! And I too am - or was! - hoping for subtitles. "Was" because 3 hours will take some major dedication to translate...

Aside: Please Japanese fans! Please-please-please!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like when he is unshaved. And I totally agree his hair is his trademark. But his hair wasn't very popular in America, they always said he needs a haircut. They loved Yagudin's trendy haircut. But the world's other side adore it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_M569vny-M I find him incredible beautiful with flying extra long hair in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUBE9vh9fM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy7bcn-gAl0 and these are a little bit surreal..
Holy crap, the flying hair in that second video when he's doing the twizzles (should they be called that?)! :love: And as usual, it settles right back into place.

Argh, I always try to watch that version of Nijinsky, but I just can't enjoy it due to the sound coming from one ear. It's one of my ultimate pet peeves--unfortunately, no amount of lovely hair can overcome that. :frown: There's one Youtube video of Once Upon a Time in America (at Europeans?) that also has the sound coming from one ear only--difficult to watch for me, even with the fantastic Eurosport commentators.

Ha, well, while I admit Yagudin's more "classically handsome" (circa. 2002 anyway), little girl me watched them in the early years and I actually didn't remember Yagudin many years later. Remembered Plushy though, through a combination of hair, height, more ballet-style movements, and Biellmann. He's not handsome the way Yagudin is, but he's more distinct and memorable, imo.

In the interest of trying to talk about more than just hair: 3 hours of documentary?! Sounds awesome. Man, I really should've learned (more) Japanese... The commercial for it looks great. Miyu and Plush are both adorable.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
While I'll probably grow horns and a tail before I understand the appeal of golf... maybe he should go for that alternative career. Fewer injuries. ;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 4h

Plushy's pics from program which will be broadcast tomorow on japanese TBS - RT @Lily_shenka: https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/462203113932201985/photo/1 OMG! This is their house in Moscow. They have another home in St. Peterburg.

Interesting news
US school physics textbook uses photos of Plushenko to explain inertia
Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_...photos-of-Plushenko-to-explain-intertia-1958/

http://books.google.rs/books?id=egm...: A Calculus-Based Text" "plushenko"&f=false

Plushy relaxs in this island http://www.velaaprivateisland.com/ :eek:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ha, well, while I admit Yagudin's more "classically handsome" (circa. 2002 anyway), little girl me watched them in the early years and I actually didn't remember Yagudin many years later. Remembered Plushy though, through a combination of hair, height, more ballet-style movements, and Biellmann. He's not handsome the way Yagudin is, but he's more distinct and memorable, imo.

For me Yagudin isn't classically handsome, but I agree with you Plushy's look is more memorable. I also know how many women felt in love with Plushy.. And this isn't joke. I read many posts, and comments. :D Many women told it, who didn't see him live. Only watched him on TV or on the computer. After work, or school they rushed home and sat in front of the monitor and watched their videos. Those were just like they would randevous with him. And many women travelled to the competitons because of him they were enchanted to his look .
Plus I found many fanfictions with him..Those were very romantic and even more ;)..

http://users.atw.hu/evgeni/fanfic.html these are from my country.. very..:eek::

Sorry, but these stories are also Plushenko...

Meoima

Match Penalty
How funny is that while Plushy is considered hot, his favorite and newly crown prince, Hanyu, is considered adorable. I mean when I watch Plushy's performance, I can see the sex appeal over the top. Then we see Hanyu, the sex appeal of a slice of bread. Except the jumps, Hanyu has so many feminine traits that I find it hard to believe people are calling him Plushy's heir. The kid is overall so adorable that people just want to pat his head and pinch his cheeks. I can't see Hanyu will ever get to be sexy like Plushy, and that's good for him, though. There are surely many different types of charms.

Back to Plushy's summer, Yana confirmed that their family would go to Japan this summer for some ice shows, didn't she? But when? This month or next month? He will just go their to attend some events, not to skate, won't he?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Back to Plushy's summer, Yana confirmed that their family would go to Japan this summer for some ice shows, didn't she? But when? This month or next month? He will just go their to attend some events, not to skate, won't he?

We don't know probably the PIW in July but it isn't sure. Yana didn't write exactly..

Thanks to plushyfan and sky_fly20 for the pics!!! I absolutely love his house! :love: And he's looking as handsome as always! :)

Yes, fantastic house..But he lived in this apartman when he moved to St. Petersburg without parents..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdtM2Hyk94 what a difference!!!

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm sure I've seen something about him participating - that is, skating - in shows? Why, even some big... my mind just went blank on me... er... poster, yeah, that's it. (Honestly, brain?!) But that was for a Chinese show, I think? As for Japan - wasn't it Prince Ice World or some such?

ETA - Chinese poster!

Hongmin Lu‏@bigeyegugu·29 apr
Artistry on ice China show 25.7-8.3 2014 bigger poster @EvgeniPlushenko
https://twitter.com/bigeyegugu/status/461126316138319873/photo/1

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well... Yagudin's "contemporary handsome" if not "classically handsome" then? ;) What I meant to say is, if you show the average person still pictures of Plushy and Yagudin circa. 2002, I suspect most to say Yagudin is the handsome one (and they would consider Plush a bit odd-looking with the mullet and big nose). The gap would probably be closer if it's Yagudin vs. Plush circa. 2006. However, there are a lot of people who have Yagudin's style of looks, while you can pick out Plush immediately from a crowd.

...I've read my share of horrific fanfics, but fanfic about real people is too creepy even for me. :laugh:

I'm not sure if I find either Plush or Yuzu "hot" even though I like them both as skaters. Plush looked absolutely stunning performing Nijinsky, but I suspect it's 'cause his movements were so beautiful that it didn't matter to me what he looked like. I actually had an RL experience (won't go into it in too much detail) that proved to me how movement can affect what we perceive as attractive. The guy went from attractive to ugly to attractive again with movements alone.

Plush does go for more "sexy" performances than many skaters, but especially in the early years, I feel like he's joking around rather than actually trying to be sexy. I did get a good laugh at this one Once Upon a Time in America performance, where the camera shot him Elvis-style from the waist-up so we wouldn't see the hip-shaking. :laugh: Yuzu channels a bit of Plush in his Sochi SP, with the swagger, but I definitely don't advise him going for, say, Tango Amore anytime soon. Many girls find him cute in the "bishonen" way, but I dunno... I like pretty guys just fine, but Yuzu never came across as Asian heartthrob hot to me.

EDIT: Yes, he'll be in Artistry on Ice in China (as one of the headliners, judging by the layout of the poster)! Will he be skating in Japan too though?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How funny is that while Plushy is considered hot, his favorite and newly crown prince, Hanyu, is considered adorable. I mean when I watch Plushy's performance, I can see the sex appeal over the top. Then we see Hanyu, the sex appeal of a slice of bread. Except the jumps, Hanyu has so many feminine traits that I find it hard to believe people are calling him Plushy's heir. The kid is overall so adorable that people just want to pat his head and pinch his cheeks. I can't see Hanyu will ever get to be sexy like Plushy, and that's good for him, though. There are surely many different types of charms.

I find Yuzuru very beautiful aesthetically, but he is still a teenager who carries a Pooh bear everywhere...way too young for me. However, he has some pretty hot moves :eek:: and as he matures I'm sure he'll develop even more. Feminine or not, he has tons of young female admirers who do find him sexy. Both Yuzu and Plushy are extremely attractive in their own way...but Plushy is obviously more mature, with more experience in life (and with women ;)), with a special kind of magnetism. Of course, his looks don't appeal to everyone either, but it seems that those of us that are attracted to Plushy are really attracted...lol.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I find Yuzuru very beautiful aesthetically, but he is still a teenager who carries a Pooh bear everywhere...way too young for me. However, he has some pretty hot moves :eek:: and as he matures I'm sure he'll develop even more. Feminine or not, he has tons of young female admirers who do find him sexy. Both Yuzu and Plushy are extremely attractive in their own way...but Plushy is obviously more mature, with more experience in life (and with women ;)), with a special kind of magnetism. Of course, his looks don't appeal to everyone either, but it seems that those of us that are attracted to Plushy are really attracted...lol.
If Yuzuru were a girl, I bet he would be prettier than Mao. :laugh: seriously, whenever I see people call Yuzuru handsome or sexy, I would just ugh! I mean he is underage in my opinion, his mentality and his looks, I can't accept the kid to be sexy, like... Daisuke? Oh no please don't ever go there.

Personally I still think Yagudin is more handsome than Plushy, lol. Whenever I watch Yagudin's programs, my aunt would just gush over him behind me. Plushy has more charm though, when you get used to him, you will find him more and more attractive.

But there is one thing all these men have in common: they look most beautiful on ice. :love:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Call me crazy, but I don't think Yuzu's wins even in a bishonen contest. He just looks... really young. I never got the "OMG, RL anime!" vibe from him. And yeah, despite being relatively young myself, I'd still feel a bit creepy fangirling over him (even though he's not technically underage and Plush was doing more risque stuff at 19). Check out some Korean TV stars or Japanese singers--plenty of them go for the bishonen look and I think they are better-looking than Yuzu.

I admit Dai is very good-looking, but he looks a bit like this Taiwan actor I absolutely can't stand, so that lowered his hotness for me a bit. :frown: