Evgeni Plushenko | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushenko News_Eng@PlushenkoNews · 3 tim

Russian Skating Federation published the official national team for the season 2014/15 - Plushenko's in "1st team" http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&p=84029#p84029

Oh, be still my heart... I don't know if I'm feeling anxiety, or excitement.... or just a bit quesy... Of course this may have a terribly prosaic explanation: I've been at a family gathering and I'm positively stuffed with food and cake... But whatever it is, I do feel I need a cup of tea to calm my nerves...

ETA - It probably doesn't help that I'm listening to not the most soothing music in the world... It's sheer happenstance, but since it seems uncannily apposite, I'll just share. TDKR: Rise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFA_wEK_00

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Lily_shenka's artwork is fantastic. Yagudin-Plushy-Tangled one is the best, but I also like the various cat pictures. The one with Dai the Cat Salesman is just... :laugh:

...I thought the move on the left was from Scheherazade and the one of the right from L'apres-midi d'un faune?! Artistic license, or am I losing my mind? I mean, I did just read Meoima's "Mini Plushy with his puppy, Papa Plushy to the rescue!" as "Papa Mishin with baby Plushy," and kept wondering when Mishin would show up in the video.

@LRK
I think it's the cake... :laugh: Seriously though, maybe his inclusion is just a formality? He isn't going to compete next season... that just sounds implausible. Even if he intends to... we can't exactly barricade him from the competition site, can we?

LRK

Record Breaker
Lily_shenka's artwork is fantastic. Yagudin-Plushy-Tangled one is the best, but I also like the various cat pictures. The one with Dai the Cat Salesman is just... :laugh:

...I thought the move on the left was from Scheherazade and the one of the right from L'apres-midi d'un faune?! Artistic license, or am I losing my mind? I mean, I did just read Meoima's "Mini Plushy with his puppy, Papa Plushy to the rescue!" as "Papa Mishin with baby Plushy," and kept wondering when Mishin would show up in the video.

@LRK
I think it's the cake... :laugh: Seriously though, maybe his inclusion is just a formality? He isn't going to compete next season... that just sounds implausible. Even if he intends to... we can't exactly barricade him from the competition site, can we?

No - the thing is though... part of me would actually look forward to it... That's what I mean. I'm terribly conflicted. I suppose it's just that he's the sort of person that, one feels that, somehow, nothing is impossible to him if he sets his mind to it. At the same time I'm anxious about him. So... conflicted...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Yeah, pretty much how I feel as well. I'm looking forward to it because it's exciting. But I also feel bad that I'm excited, since he's potentially putting his health at risk. I also want to see him continue doing shows for years and years, and this could jeopardize that.

But I agree that he makes the impossible possible. On paper, another Olympics seems impossible... but because it's him, I almost feel like it's not. At the same time, the past four years (not just Sochi alone) showed that he's only an ordinary man, despite seeming otherwise for most of his career.

LRK

Record Breaker
^Yeah, pretty much how I feel as well. I'm looking forward to it because it's exciting. But I also feel bad that I'm excited, since he's potentially putting his health at risk. I also want to see him continue doing shows for years and years, and this could jeopardize that.

But I agree that he makes the impossible possible. On paper, another Olympics seems impossible... but because it's him, I almost feel like it's not. At the same time, the past four years (not just Sochi alone) showed that he's only an ordinary man, despite seeming otherwise for most of his career.

I know what you mean by that, obviously, and agree - but I still feel compelled to remark that whilst he may be a man, he is an extraordinary one. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Okay, fair point. An incredible, extraordinary, crazy man. I just meant... When I saw him in Salt Lake, I thought he was a once-in-a-lifetime talent. When I saw him in Vancouver, I thought he was Superman. But now, four years later, I realize he's only human. Which, somehow, made him more fascinating to me. If he'd ridden off into the sunset with another two Olympic medals, that'll make him unsurpassed as an athlete. But if that had happened, I fear I might have forgotten he was human.

...sorry, incredibly weird thing to type. Probably landed myself in the Loony Bin for Creeps.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So this Twitter user who apparently understands Russian says that in the "green carpet" video, Plushy told the reporter he is leaving for Japan in 4 days for an ice show(s). Is he going to be a surprise unnannounced guest somewhere? :confused: I can pick the word Japan out of the video (at the link), but that's about it.

https://twitter.com/00LT/status/475272039175970817

I understand completely the mixed emotions about Plushy competing again. Excitement, apprehension, terror. :laugh: Looking at the rest of the team...Pitkeev just turned 16. He's half Plushy's age. :eek: It's crazy! He's crazy. But that's partly why he is a true legend.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm getting this vision in my head of Plush just "showing up" in a random Japanese ice show. Then we'll get headlines like:

NEWS! Arrogant Plushenko crashes Japanese ice show
NEWS! Plushenko needs no introductions, no invitations

Seriously though, what is going on? Did they forget to list him? Secret (now not-so-secret) guest? Translation/understanding error? Unless... I'm right and he's really going to crash a random show?!

Pitkeev situation isn't even strange to me anymore. Yulia and Plush skated both portions of Team Event. She's less in half his age. He was competing in seniors before she was even born.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm crazy excited to see plush compete again. Just wow!! TBH his interviews alone are reason enough. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Okay, fair point. An incredible, extraordinary, crazy man. I just meant... When I saw him in Salt Lake, I thought he was a once-in-a-lifetime talent. When I saw him in Vancouver, I thought he was Superman. But now, four years later, I realize he's only human. Which, somehow, made him more fascinating to me. If he'd ridden off into the sunset with another two Olympic medals, that'll make him unsurpassed as an athlete. But if that had happened, I fear I might have forgotten he was human.

...sorry, incredibly weird thing to type. Probably landed myself in the Loony Bin for Creeps.

Is there room for me in the Bin? Because I understand perfectly what you mean... ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
@Sam
He can give interviews without competing though! Less, umm, potentially damaging to his health. But if he goes away, it'll truly be "end of an era" for me. Well, second end of an era (the first was Michelle :cry:).

@LRK
I think it'll be a tight fit, but you're welcome to the Loony Bin. :laugh:

----
I found this Japanese news report: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ytp3i_140607

I don't know if it offers a whole lot that's new, and the constant replays of that triple axel in Sochi made me cringe a little. But during the interview, I think Plush called his gold medal in Sochi "his most cherished/important gold medal." (Someone with better Japanese than me--Meoima?--might need to confirm this). So that's precious medal number... 5? (2001 Vancouver, 2006 Torino, 2010 Tallinn, 2012 Sheffield).

giulia95

Medalist
I'm getting this vision in my head of Plush just "showing up" in a random Japanese ice show. Then we'll get headlines like:

NEWS! Arrogant Plushenko crashes Japanese ice show
NEWS! Plushenko needs no introductions, no invitations

Seriously though, what is going on? Did they forget to list him? Secret (now not-so-secret) guest? Translation/understanding error? Unless... I'm right and he's really going to crash a random show?!

your vision reminds a little bit of a modern Cassandra!!:biggrin:

let the kids play and have some fun after all the hard and amazing job they did!!:laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't know what I think..I don't believe he will compete..He is in the Rus team because Mishin and his team get more money. And Plushy receives good medical treatment in this case.
If you remember Domnina -Shabalin were also in the team in 2011 but they also didn't compete. So I'm in doubt.

About his Japanese show. I don't understand. There are two scenarios: he doesn't know when he will go to Japan-has this ever happened-and he will go in July he will perform in the PIW show. Or maybe he will be a surprise guest in the Yuzuru's show. His popularity is unique in Japan. Every good foreign skater has great fan base in Japan but no one comes close to Plush...I can imagine everything...I can't wait what will be the truth.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
And Plushy receives good medical treatment in this case.
:eek: I hope this wouldn't be... necessary...

I think the translator on Twitter said he'll be leaving for Japan in four days? But that doesn't mean he'll attend a show immediately. He could hang around there as a tourist for a whole month before PIW. :laugh:

---
Translation of the Japanese news/show thing I posted earlier: http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84037#p84037

He did indeed call the Sochi medal his most prized one. :cry:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:eek: I hope this wouldn't be... necessary...

I thought rehabilitation and prevention. When he will train he will get medical help, massage etc. as he received before Sochi He thanked it for the Rus Fed. He said if he received such things in his early career would have prevented many injuries.

The Japanese trip is very mysterious ;) your scenario is also possible :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ah, I see. Sorry for overreacting. But when I saw the words "medical treatment," and we're talking about a guy with 13 surgeries...

LOL, I wish him a nice trip if I'm correct! But a month is a looooooong time. He won't be able to survive that long without ice. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Shouldn't he also be going to the Mishin camp in Pinzolo (which starts in around a week, I believe)? I suppose he could make it to Yuzu's show and then fly straight to Italy. We need a tracking device for that man!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Shouldn't he also be going to the Mishin camp in Pinzolo (which starts in around a week, I believe)? I suppose he could make it to Yuzu's show and then fly straight to Italy. We need a tracking device for that man!

You are right Pinzolo camp will start in 16 of June.

You know, when I watched Sasha's video with skateboard I thought why he doesn't wear helmet? So dangerous! But I remembered this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZZ9_pvgZQ crazy brave