Evgeni Plushenko | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
You are right Pinzolo camp will start in 16 of June.

You know, when I watched Sasha's video with skateboard I thought why he doesn't wear helmet? So dangerous! But I remembered this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZZ9_pvgZQ crazy brave
I'd rather he keeps competing until he's 40 if it means he won't try that again. :eek:

I don't think the skateboard video was nearly as bad. They were there to catch Sasha if he fell.

So... he'll fly back from Japan before the 16th? This is getting weirder and weirder.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'd rather he keeps competing until he's 40 if it means he won't try that again. :eek:

I don't think the skateboard video was nearly as bad. They were there to catch Sasha if he fell.

So... he'll fly back from Japan before the 16th? This is getting weirder and weirder.

We don't know what will happen. If you remember he said in one of his earlier interview will train in Kislovodsk. Well he didn't travel he trained in Novogorsk with Avdish. :confused:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You are right Pinzolo camp will start in 16 of June.

You know, when I watched Sasha's video with skateboard I thought why he doesn't wear helmet? So dangerous! But I remembered this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZZ9_pvgZQ crazy brave

I worry for Plushy especially riding his bike on the Russian roads. Have you ever seen those "vodka videos" on Youtube? They are compilations of Russian auto accidents and there are 100s of them collected (everyone has a dashcam, since crashes are so common)...driving there seems insane!

Sasha's skateboarding has already made him a star :laugh: http://www.tele.ru/news/syn-plyushchenko-i-rudkovskoy-osvaivaet-skeytbord/

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I worry for Plushy especially riding his bike on the Russian roads. Have you ever seen those "vodka videos" on Youtube? They are compilations of Russian auto accidents and there are 100s of them collected (everyone has a dashcam, since crashes are so common)...driving there seems insane!

Sasha's skateboarding has already made him a star :laugh: http://www.tele.ru/news/syn-plyushchenko-i-rudkovskoy-osvaivaet-skeytbord/

I like the We love Russia videos on Youtube! The Russsians are crazy no doubt! They don't care about the danger they are doing crazy things. :laugh:

Plush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66N2Y2fi7pc Born to be wild.. He looks good on motorbike ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Btw, on slow news days, would anyone be interested in discussing some old performances?

I've been revisiting some performances of St. Petersburg 300. The GPF version seemed to be the best-scoring one, getting a row of 5.9s and 6.0s. It's pristine clean and has a killer 4-3-3. His Worlds performance got lower marks and from what I gather, was perceived as a lesser performance, but it had 4-3-2 + second quad + 3A-1/2L-3F (turn-out on the flip though).

Under 6.0, it seems like the GPF version was seen as much better for its perfection, as well as the 4-3-3 which no one else could do (whereas he wasn't the only one doing/attempting two quads). However, he was more ambitious and still impressive at Worlds. Perhaps I'm looking at it too much from an IJS lens? (I will say: the GPF version is what I'd show a non-fan ;)).

Also, I only just realized this version existed. It's very good! Anyone know what competition this was? Seems like he gave 110% at a cheesefest, lol.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Btw, on slow news days, would anyone be interested in discussing some old performances?

I've been revisiting some performances of St. Petersburg 300. The GPF version seemed to be the best-scoring one, getting a row of 5.9s and 6.0s. It's pristine clean and has a killer 4-3-3. His Worlds performance got lower marks and from what I gather, was perceived as a lesser performance, but it had 4-3-2 + second quad + 3A-1/2L-3F (turn-out on the flip though).

Under 6.0, it seems like the GPF version was seen as much better for its perfection, as well as the 4-3-3 which no one else could do (whereas he wasn't the only one doing/attempting two quads). However, he was more ambitious and still impressive at Worlds. Perhaps I'm looking at it too much from an IJS lens? (I will say: the GPF version is what I'd show a non-fan ;)).

Also, I only just realized this version existed. It's very good! Anyone know what competition this was? Seems like he gave 110% at a cheesefest, lol.

The graphic at the beginning says it's from the Crest Whitestrips International Figure Skating Challenge. Who knew there was such a thing? And it appears it happened only once, in 2002. Of course, our Plushy came in 1st for the men...wonder what that medal looks like?

I can't claim to be well versed in the intricacies of judging under either system, but from what I understand, the numerical scores in the 6.0 system didn't really mean anything except to rank the performance relative to the other skaters in that competition. It would definitely be interesting to see a comparison of his old performances graded using CoP. I'm sure someone's done it before...and if it was on here or on that other skating forum, probably at least 12 pages of bickering and extremely subjective opinions would have ensued. :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Of course, our Plushy came in 1st for the men...wonder what that medal looks like?
How anti-climactic. :biggrin: I wonder if they got whitestrips in the medal ceremony? I mean, if they hand out watches at Europeans...

I can't claim to be well versed in the intricacies of judging under either system, but from what I understand, the numerical scores in the 6.0 system didn't really mean anything except to rank the performance relative to the other skaters in that competition.
That is true. I haven't seen the other performances at GPF--if they were fantastic, then 5.9/6.0 would've been needed to go up. However, if they were fantastic, I suspect Plush would've gone for a second quad? I have seen Honda and Goebel's performances at Worlds. Goebel was impressive technically, though I suppose he'll never get 5.9 in artistry, so they wouldn't need to give Plush 6.0.

Also, during the ABC Figure Skating Challenge (which features another performance of cheesefest St. Petersburg 300, which wasn't too good, but he still won), Terry Gannon said Plush's Worlds performance "wasn't his best." I was a bit :confused: so I assumed perhaps even smaller errors like turn-outs were still costly under 6.0?

It would definitely be interesting to see a comparison of his old performances graded using CoP. I'm sure someone's done it before...and if it was on here or on that other skating forum, probably at least 12 pages of bickering and extremely subjective opinions would have ensued.
I'm not pro enough to grade the steps and spins, especially 6.0 steps and spins that were never meant to be COP-friendly. Some of the great 6.0 step sequences would get Level 1. And obviously the spins weren't subjected to "hold position for x revolutions" requirements. I'm more interested in what people think is the better performance--in overall, 6.0 terms. I suspect the Worlds performance wins easily in COP because COP has no combo bonus and mistakes aren't costly.

Y'know, Crest Whitestrip performance would easily be the best of the three if only he'd done a triple after the 3A. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ok, I'm pretty certain now that he's on his way to Japan. He posted a photo of an Aeroflot jet on IG and said (roughly translated): Aeroflot flying again today in a far country, which has long loved with all my heart! The air of mystery about this trip is making me wonder what he could have up his sleeve...

I think I'd rate the GPF performance the best of those 3 as well. The only major mistake I saw in the Worlds was the step out, not a big deal for your average skater, but Plushenko isn't average (particularly not at that point of his career). But I'm also far from an expert on these things. I wish there was a version on Youtube with commentary in English (I looked, but didn't see any).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I couldn't find Worlds performance with English commentary either... Only the gala performance, of Only You. :laugh:

I also like the GPF performance best. But I don't see how it could conceivably score higher in the current system. Too bad there's no point in doing 4-3-3 under COP... Maybe I'll try to run the two performances--just in terms of jumps, because I'm not sure how to evaluate spins/steps--through COP and see which comes out on top. Just out of curiosity. =P

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushy and Yana are in Japan. ;)

RT @EvgeniPlushenko: http://instagram.com/p/pELF0Hmy0o/# Until two years ago, it was impossible to imagine that lowcost company will so fast start operating. @v_saveliev promised: budget airline will be operational in the summer of 2014 - and kept his promise. Today airline company @aeroflot unveiled "Dobrolet" (goodflight), which has already begun to implement the commercial flights. Today, with Aeroflot, I flying again to a far country, which I have long ago loved with all my heart! (a little advertisement for the Aeroflot)

Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews · 1h

RT @yanarudkovskaya: Fly to my favorite fairyland. Based on my Chanel handbags you can easily guess where I'm going! http://instagram.com/p/pEX4ebFSDK/#

Retweeted by Plushenko News_Eng
Okotanpe @yokotan_h · 1h

@EvgeniPlushenko In Japan, we welcome the visit to Japan of Yana's and Plushenko's!!!♡♡♡♡

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I couldn't find Worlds performance with English commentary either... Only the gala performance, of Only You. :laugh:

I also like the GPF performance best. But I don't see how it could conceivably score higher in the current system. Too bad there's no point in doing 4-3-3 under COP... Maybe I'll try to run the two performances--just in terms of jumps, because I'm not sure how to evaluate spins/steps--through COP and see which comes out on top. Just out of curiosity. =P

You are ritght no video with English commentary..

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow! Japanese fans love Plushy very much. I hope to see him perform in Japan! :love: he doesn't need to jump.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
They named an orchid after him? What an honor.

Maybe he kept the visit on the down-low because he doesn't want to get people's expectations up about his skating. I'm sure they can't keep skates off of his feet, though. I believe he will participate in the ice show but perhaps keep it rather low-key, just to show the fans that he's back and also to support his "big big idol" Yuzuru. :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
They named an orchid after him? What an honor.

Maybe he kept the visit on the down-low because he doesn't want to get people's expectations up about his skating. I'm sure they can't keep skates off of his feet, though. I believe he will participate in the ice show but perhaps keep it rather low-key, just to show the fans that he's back and also to support his "big big idol" Yuzuru. :)

probably..I can't wait :)

a Japanese fan named an orchid and an Irish probably named a horse..:laugh:

Listed win for Nayef’s Plushenko ....

http://www.shadwellstud.co.uk/2088/listed-win-for-nayefs-plushenko/

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to name my orchid "Plushenko" now. No, wait, they took it already, so... I'll name my orchid "Zhenya." *kicked out for creepiness*

I believe he will participate in the ice show but perhaps keep it rather low-key
Lol, isn't this an oxymoron? Considering his popularity in Japan, I don't think he can keep it "low-key" if he goes to an ice-show.

Wonder what he'll skate? Non-jump version of Je Suis Malade popped into my head, but perhaps that's not the right song for the moment. Hopefully it's something entirely new!

Or he can bring back Assisai. No jumps required there.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to name my orchid "Plushenko" now. No, wait, they took it already, so... I'll name my orchid "Zhenya." *kicked out for creepiness*

Lol, isn't this an oxymoron? Considering his popularity in Japan, I don't think he can keep it "low-key" if he goes to an ice-show.

Wonder what he'll skate? Non-jump version of Je Suis Malade popped into my head, but perhaps that's not the right song for the moment. Hopefully it's something entirely new!

Or he can bring back Assisai. No jumps required there.

LOL. By low-key, I meant taking it easy on the ice (by Plushy standards at least)...no quad battles with Yuzu or anything like that ;) Yes...Assisai would work. Maybe a "sequel" to Assisai in the same outfit? :popcorn:

The website for the ice show has been updated and it now confirms Plushy is participating. :yay: And it's supposed to air on Japanese tv on Monday, so we should get some HQ videos. It feels like Christmas in June!

http://skate-sendai.com/ "12:45 11 June 2014 Evgeni Plushenko 's appearance was decided."

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
LOL. By low-key, I meant taking it easy on the ice (by Plushy standards at least)...no quad battles with Yuzu or anything like that ;) Yes...Assisai would work. Maybe a "sequel" to Assisai in the same outfit? :popcorn:

The website for the ice show has been updated and it now confirms Plushy is participating. :yay: And it's supposed to air on Japanese tv on Monday, so we should get some HQ videos. It feels like Christmas in June!

http://skate-sendai.com/ "12:45 11 June 2014 Evgeni Plushenko 's appearance was decided."

You was very fast! :bow:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WelcometoJapanPlushenko?src=hash

Meoima

Match Penalty
Plushy! I am so happy! Japanese fans will go crazy for sure! The King and the Prince on the same ice show! :love: