Evgeni Plushenko | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushy is very teeny! :laugh:

Mishin papa is great! I like this opinion of him:

“Many skaters are good, but Evgeni has charisma. He radiates a sense of beauty. He radiates something what spectacles need. The majority loves him, the minority jealous."

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mishin papa is great! I like this opinion of him:

“Many skaters are good, but Evgeni has charisma. He radiates a sense of beauty. He radiates something what spectacles need. The majority loves him, the minority jealous."
For some reasons I love Mishin papa more than Tarasova godmother.
I even like Orser than Tarasova so you know.
I mean these old granddads seem to have more genuine love for their boys and girls (look at how Orser jumps with overjoy when his skaters land successfully). :slink: I am thinking it might be very hurtful for Mishin to see Yagudin and Gachinski left him for Tarasova. :cry:

whitebamboo

On the Ice
I mean these old granddads seem to have more genuine love for their boys and girls (look at how Orser jumps with overjoy when his skaters land successfully). :slink: I am thinking it might be very hurtful for Mishin to see Yagudin and Gachinski left him for Tarasova. :cry:

LOL, why do I fear that Mr. Orser will not be too happy if he happens to see himself grouped into the same category of "old granddads" as Papa Mishin...:biggrin:

Maybe plushyfan has already posted this short video of the training from yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SYs87wgRpk

Toward the end, around 1:13, Plushy was standing on the ice, and Mishin comes up to him to say something, and he takes Plushy's arm with both hands, and holds it gently for a moment. It was probably not even any kind of "deliberate" gesture, but somehow when I was looking at the video, it stuck in my mind...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
For some reasons I love Mishin papa more than Tarasova godmother.
I even like Orser than Tarasova so you know.

I don't think it's fair to say that TAT doesn't genuinely care for her students. As imposing as she might look, I've seen her show plenty of warmth and tenderness with her skaters. I've heard some of them praise her quite highly also. TAT and Mishin are different, but both fascinating characters. I would love to read a bio or memoir from either of them (or an entire book about their rivalry...that would be great! :popcorn:).

We could infer that Morozov cares the most, because he stands at the boards screaming and looking like he's going to burst a blood vessel...:laugh: You can interpret things all kinds of ways.

And I don't think that Mishin's relationship with his other students is necessarily anything like it is with Plushy. I mean, I'm sure he cares about them too, but Plushy is truly like a son to him.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Woah, interesting interview with Plushy. Looks like he doesn't want to get into coaching yet, which is fine. Orser was still competing with Plushy and Yagudin in Japan Open in 1999. :biggrin: New book sounds... dangerous. I like that he doesn't sugar-coat things, but is a hyper-blunt book (even beyond the first one) really wise?

Also, craziest part of the interview:
May miss not only this season, but next to learn a quad lutz. This jump is perfect for me technique, I can feel it. Yes, and it costs more expensive sheepskin

- On a quadruple axel not threatened?

- I'll leave that leap to the next generation of skaters. In order to perform such a complex elements, and equipment needs of the new generation, and the appropriate psychological preparation.
I understand what he's saying, in that his lutz is probably good enough to pull it off (his attempt back in 2001 was really, really close). But quad lutz has already been done. I thought he'd go for loop, which hasn't been done before and is, in theory, easier. (He seems more comfortable on the 3Lo than the 3S anyway). The interviewer is insane though, suggesting 4A.

The new training video: :love: I love how he actually held the spiral here. Actually, this arabesque spiral looks better than the ones he did back in 2003.

@Gallavich
He's competing this December?

Meoima

Match Penalty
The thing is, Mishin have taught them from boys to teenagers and to young men, so even though he might be a little bit Nazi sometimes, I do think he has special places for each of them in his mind. Of course Plushy is truly the his most beloved son. But I think Mishin also got hurt when his skaters left him.

As for Tat, I have to say she rarely teach her skaters from young, and she have too many to love them all. Maybe the one she loves the most is still Alexei Yagudin, though. Since she always mentions him even now. She seems to favor Mao and Adelina very much.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
@Gallavich
He's competing this December?

He had talked about competing in the Panin Memorial, but it's still some months away, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I believe he will be itching to compete by then if he's fit to do so.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
@Meoima
Mishin does come across as someone who cares deeply about his skaters (he is one of the few elite coaches to trains skaters since they're kids). However, he also seems like the coaching equivalent of a strict parent who wants their kid to climb to the top of the world. Strict and demanding isn't necessarily a bad thing (and it's inevitable he'd feel that way, considering he raised 2.5 Olympic champions), but some skaters might chafe under the restrictions.

Then again, it's hard to know what exactly these coaches are like. Yagudin claims Mishin is very "I teach, you listen," and Yagudin was too rebellious to work under this system (while Plushy does exactly what Mishin tells him to). However, it's clear Mishin is only like this up to a point--once you reach a certain skill level, he doesn't continue taking charge of everything (Plushy post-2002 seemed to have a more active role).

And to be fair, even if Mishin were the most diplomatic, versatile person in the world, there was no way he could keep Yagudin. You just can't have two super elite, super competitive skaters from the same country training under one guy (V/M and D/W was the closest to a "success story," and even that got very awkward by the end). I guess we can blame 15-year-old Plushy for not "waiting his turn." :p

My point? I dunno, I guess that every coach has their own way of relating to students, and I can't really judge them from the sidelines.

@Gallavich
Ah, okay, that's the competition you were talking about. Just checking to make sure he doesn't have something else planned as well.

LRK

Record Breaker
So, I see that we have a new Plushy NEWS! thread in The Edge after all... I haven't ventured into it yet, but thought I'd ask people here. What's this ice dancing business?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I have no idea. I assume Mishin's joking, and even if he wasn't I can't see Plushy agreeing to go into ice dance, no matter if it's 2022 or 2060. There was sorta "confirmation" that Plushy will try to go for 2018 (and try to get quad lutz, half-Biellmann spiral into triple lutz, and some other things he wants to put into his programs... you can see the discussion here over the past few pages).

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I've read that discussion - I may not have been doing much commenting here lately (due to another preoccupation ;) ), but I have been reading. I can't imagine Plushy doing ice dance either, but thought that if there was anything in it, or Mr Mishin was just having his little joke - or, so to speak, doing a bit of trolling - people here would know.:)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I found this, via the official forum: http://itar-tass.com/sport/1314263

It seems more clear here that Mishin's joking. I think he's being asked about Brian's new pair skating venture, and whether Plushy would want to pursue pairs in 2022 (after ending his singles career in 2018, presumably ;)). Mishin replied that there are no plans to do pairs, but maybe Plushy will try ice dance. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I definitely think Mishin is doing some trolling. ;) He's quite a funny guy. How I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the two of them...a fly that was fluent in Russian, of course...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
We have a new, long interview with Plushy today. :yay:

He talks about still having some back pain. :eek:hwell: I guess it's not surprising, since it's only been what, 4 months since the operation? I think he needs to take it easy for a bit longer...

He wants 2 daughters still (is Yana up for that??). He talks about the Japanese & Russian men, even calls Kovtun a "terrific athlete" (how awful of him! ;) ) And he gets choked up talking about Mishin, and calls him daddy. :cry:

LRK

Record Breaker
We have a new, long interview with Plushy today. :yay:

He talks about still having some back pain. :eek:hwell: I guess it's not surprising, since it's only been what, 4 months since the operation? I think he needs to take it easy for a bit longer...

He wants 2 daughters still (is Yana up for that??). He talks about the Japanese & Russian men, even calls Kovtun a "terrific athlete" (how awful of him! ;) ) And he gets choked up talking about Mishin, and calls him daddy. :cry:

What - "a terrific athlete"?! Hold the presses! - Where is the NEWS! Plushenko Calls Kovtun a Terrific Athlete-thread?! I ask?!

I'm sure we can find something underhand in it if we really tried!

By the bye, is there an English translation for it somewhere?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What - "a terrific athlete"?! Hold the presses! - Where is the NEWS! Plushenko Calls Kovtun a Terrific Athlete-thread?! I ask?!

I'm sure we can find something underhand in it if we really tried!

By the bye, is there an English translation for it somewhere?

I would like to read an english translating...

and you are right we must ask volk that to start a new thread " Plushenko Calls Kovtun a Terrific Athlete" :biggrin:

and this is from Lilyshenka https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/489348960478167040/photo/1 so beautiful again

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/488022318287814657/photo/1 :laugh: funny karaoke!

and these are also beautiful https://twitter.com/kaiwaresonchyou/status/489095201109975042/photo/1 https://twitter.com/karco_vv/status/488425943426289664/photo/1

Plushenko fans are very inspired every day. I can't show all drawings... ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I have Google Chrome set up to automatically translate all Russian pages to English. It's not perfect, sometimes you have to try to guess what they mean. :p But let me see if I can copy/paste (like I said, it's pretty long):

Plushenko is the fifth circle. Hell? Two-time Olympic champion wants to start at the Olympics 2018

He came running to look at all accustomed to visits by distinguished guests edition. People came, I want to win and health. And Plushenko in a white jacket and blue jeans was polite in trouble free autographs and photo shoots. And most importantly - with sincerity suffered by answering questions about how it was and how else, he firmly believes it will be at the Olympic Games 2018.
Jen, come in order. From 1st to 9th June you were going for the first time after the regular train operations on the basis of team Novogorske to view and evaluate how you work.

Evgeni Plushenko: I like to be there, thank Federation, which gave me such opportunities to practice. To be honest, many of our foreigners and there is not very much, but I adore Navagorsk. Out on the ice every day: back pain is not yet released. But first triple jumps are made: triple toe loop jump, two and a half turns axel ... Quite good for me.

And then what?

Evgeni Plushenko: After Novogorsk went to Japan on demonstrations. Going to perform in three cities, but the Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu, who invited and asked to stay 11 shows across Japan. I bowled the last year's short program "Storm" and once even jumped three and a half turns axel. Cascade was triple toe - triple toe loop. In training has already begun to jump triple loop, triple lutz.

A full set of triple jumps.

Evgeni Plushenko: Of course, after such training back feels much worse. Much. But it was great: I'm practicing with young kids. With the same Chania. And that, I want to tell you something. He jumps three quads! And all this is very stable. Were he attempts to jump a triple axel - a quadruple toe loop. And so, or nearly so in Japan, he not only rides, but Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Tatsuki Machida, and several of the young guys. Calmly quads are in great shape. Here is a samurai! And I went with them to train.

In which city?

Evgeni Plushenko: Yes everywhere, in every city they train like a madman, at every show do quads - in the open, on the closures. I now looked all world figure skating - our children, Canadians, Americans, Europeans. And the Japanese today, at some level the highest.

And how are you a relationship with them?

Evgeni Plushenko: All of them treat me positively, well, I said to him. Yuzuru Hanyu admits that even today I have some kind of idol for him. And he is well behaved, with no quirks-zaletonov and other star.

Eugene, I remember a group of Alexei Mishin usually goes to the summer camp in Italy.

Evgeni Plushenko: I did not go there. I formed demonstrations, I decided to try. Best - ride on humans. I had this for a minimal set - triple jump and two and a half turns axel. And I must say quite seriously from behind me aggravation. And we Alexei Mishin posleolimpiysky season missed. Need to heal the injury. Now the ex-world champion Canadian Patrick Chan, Japanese world champion Mao Asada many other great athletes passed season. They, much younger skaters, too, after the Olympics are not strong enough, too aggravated injury. We must correct approach to the next stage. Because the plans have an idea, a real dream - to go further. For new starts. Possible, and the Olympics.

And how are you going to do?

Evgeni Plushenko: The most important for me - recovery. Then - some demonstrations. Completely heal your entire body. How long have I had an injury, but now there is nothing alarming. Also back.

My legs are ok and stretching in the groin do not bother?

Evgeni Plushenko: All without any problems. No knees or groin - nothing hurts. Spin that gouged me these screws - this postoperative time. Because he had a broken screw just does not get it. Doctors had to otdolbit bone screw and then pick up something to get him out. And yet at the same muscle was cut.

How do you tolerate all this?

Evgeni Plushenko: Now I actually rode on painkillers. I made ​​one shot plus taking painkillers. But the pain just can tolerate.

But how? It's against nature itself ...

Evgeni Plushenko: I'm used to the pain.

For what's so tormented, but stoic?

Evgeni Plushenko: It's my life, I besides figure skating, except for sports, I know nothing.

But I remember you after the Olympics 2006 in Turin went to the St. Petersburg Legislative Assembly.

Evgeni Plushenko: It was a mistake. But I'll admit something else: I went through a lot of operations. And how many passed. So much with his legs, groin stretch, broken brush. Knee broke, so I made ​​shots, something smeared, rubbed, tablets drunk - and nothing, I quadruple jump. And it's all nonsense. Painful than the spine, in our body really nothing. Back - it's a disaster. And still my goal - maybe even perform in the future.

Where are you and who lechishsya? Mystery?

Evgeni Plushenko: What secret? Of course in Israel, the doctors who operated on me there. I do not go to them regularly, but I keep them under control. There restorative methods: massage, any laser procedure.

We sit, talk frankly. Why torture yourself? Is it worth it? Will not work - and some of the eternal opponents raise such a howl ...

Evgeni Plushenko: If you pay attention at all, then the results will not be any. After I withdrew from the competition in Sochi, some began to shout, saying that it was necessary to act, to go further. And when it's ordinary people who do not understand what sport and serious injury, it is delusion. But when our great athletes in the past, for example the same Rodnina, which first began to scream, Kolya Valuev ... I am the way, and then spoke with Rodnina. She even came up to me at the ball Olympians in the Kremlin, when the president of the Olympic Committee Alexander Zhukov handed us skaters, rings with Rodnina. And did not even look me in the eye, and I was waiting for this. I ask: "Irina Konstantinova, wait ..." I said, "Thank you for the criticism, I became angrier, learned a lot." And she was out. I hugged her gently, do not let go, "Irina Konstantinova, you're a professional athlete, you're such a star, how are you so ..." Her: "It was a misunderstanding." Me: "But you can pick up the phone, call me, I'll explain everything and tell. Irina Konstantinova replies:" I did not have your number. "We talked so, as if in jest, but she heard. And she In my opinion, it was uncomfortable. And in front of the Vancouver 2010, when some believed that it is impossible to get back to me, well, absolutely impossible, she also repeated all this to me. As if I took away her bread or something. But she have a great legend! And my story - like that. Not everyone likes everything. Someone not. And Twitter too sometimes reproach. I read, take note of, but you can not let it in the soul: because then nothing happens. Yes I'm still on this path alone. Why am I torturing myself, feel, try to go on? And why not, why not try it? And even if we move forward, we must heal all wounds. Now, this season, to break down to nothing . intervertebral disk, which I artificially implanted, healed. Shurupov these not. I looked like a young skate.

What impression?

Evgeni Plushenko: Sure great. But I have a few years to change something, to return. Make new Plushenko and a new program. Attract new choreographer. Think.

And what about David Avdysh?

Evgeni Plushenko: It will be with me always. This is my friend, my brother, this is my choreographer.

Who then Alexei Mishin? Father?

Evgeni Plushenko: Sure, Dad. This is my second father, who gave me all this wonderful life. (Here Jack paused. It was difficult even to him, hardened to cope with feelings. - Comm. Aut.) With him we many, many years go shoulder to shoulder, back to back. This is my daddy. (We sat for a while, sigh. - Approx. Aut.).

In the women's singles Norwegian Sonja Henie participated in four Olympic Games and won three times. In three pairs won our Irina Rodnina. The men - I do not remember. Twice won the American Dick Baton. But to five Olympics ...

Evgeni Plushenko: No, has not happened. In the men - exactly.

And how this relates wife Jana? Does not discourage enough is enough, stay with me, with his sons?

Evgeni Plushenko: Wife Jan said, if you will be healthy, why not. Family and so with me. At the training camp - family, on vacation - family. Sometimes even in training.

You became the father of many children?

Evgeni Plushenko: four sons. Still want two daughters. Now we're talking, and Nick Andrei and waiting for me for an hour in the car. And today we're going with them to St. Petersburg. Here we were joined by my senior - Yegor. Little Sasha mom going with friends in Monaco. They'll be back - and we will be reunited.

And you have your holidays?

Evgeni Plushenko: In Maldives ridden. And now tell you a secret. Very fond of hunting and fishing. I bought 50 acres of land near St. Petersburg. I have a neighbor - a huntsman, and we have there hunting grounds. And I'm going there with the kids to ride a quad bike, fishing.

Eugene, you're not a poor man.

Evgeni Plushenko: Japanese made ​​me transfer, seeing our new home in the suburbs, people say that it is very expensive. Answer: I am a very long ride. Plans with you, as always hulk.

And what is today focuses: training, doctors, treatment, show?

Evgeni Plushenko: I always aimed. We Jana and another one partner has a very serious project. I invest, invest your money, we have a sponsor yet, but are looking for. This is a family show. I'll tell you about it later. And another new project - working with the TV until about it a little bit too early to say. Many plans and they will be implemented. Now heal injuries, spend time with family, play golf, enjoy life, occasionally speaking in the demonstration. And preparing for the new season.

And here, please detail.

Evgeni Plushenko: Alexei returns with fees. And in August began the production of programs - arbitrary, short.

Clearly, what will happen?

Evgeni Plushenko: We decided to put at least a trained program Vakhtang Murvanidze.

He skated for Georgia, coached by Elena Anatolevny Tchaikovsky. Sometimes, doing the butterfly. Everyone called him Vaha.

Evgeni Plushenko: Now it opened as a coach. And no matter what he did before. Often, a great skater and coach ... It happens very mediocre athlete and coach turns out fine. This is my closest friend, we have been friends since childhood Vaha. Last year, he put many skaters are good programs, he has a good outline of Jogging. Alexei Mishin working with him. Not only works, but also praises. Murvanidze returned from America, living in Estonia. Now they are at the training camp with Mishin. Maybe I'll try to train.

This is who?

Evgeni Plushenko: There are some of our suggestions. The Japanese also want I coached their singles and odinochnits.

Their young talents?

Evgeni Plushenko: And too young. There's a girl of 12 years, just unique. One after another triple jumps Rietberg, triple toe loop and does many other things. Jumping directly unrealistic.

Zhenya, and for whom you jump?

Evgeni Plushenko: Of course, I do it for myself, for the country, for family, for Mishin. And for the Federation too. And for the parents. Here you I kept saying after the Olympics: never mind, never mind that bit, take out your screw. But I'm still in many people disappointed. Such a film was poured on me. Today we are talking about garlic.

It means to be honest?

Evgeni Plushenko: Exactly. People came at me from the United States, said: let's go for a drive in America.

Seriously?

Evgeni Plushenko: No Strings Attached! No jokes, no irony, and immediately: skate for us, you do not appreciate your.

They do not appreciate? Maybe somebody asked. But not all.

Evgeni Plushenko: Of course, not all. And, of course, from this American history we refused. And one more thing I was very flattered and pleased that the leadership of our country, Vladimir Vladimirovich. Putin said to me: I know everything. Get well and recover. That's what was important to me. And yet, that I have not betrayed my family, my friends.

Did you expect betrayal?

Evgeni Plushenko: Any happens in life. Friends went with me to the end, and that was important. I skate and skate for Russia and I will live here in Russia.

Zhenya, even throwing sentiment that we have with you in this case are not dropped, I should note: here you live well. Large land.

Evgeni Plushenko: Yes, a lot. And now great opportunities to train and Russian athletes, and Japanese.

Take, it is interesting?

Evgeni Plushenko: Then should take. Now tired, I want to relax. In October, I was invited to China for charity golf outing. In the past year there has played Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Famous lady from Hollywood, Michael Douglas' wife?

Evgeni Plushenko: She, who else. And this year will be David Beckham.

I wish he would have played football for England. And Zhenya Kafelnikov will not be there? You know him, I think, friend?

Evgeni Plushenko: We were on good terms. Plan to play golf, but not impossible. I started to play something just half a year ago.

Kafelnikov suggested?

Evgeni Plushenko: No, by itself. I just had surgery meniscus, and the doctors have forbidden to run, move. Sitting Novogorske and next Kurkino have great nine lunes. And the ball flew at me so. What I have not played before? I had another long run when more practiced in America. I fell in love with this sport.

But it's a long, dreary, lasts for hours. How can you stand?

Evgeni Plushenko: I do not just tolerate. I enjoy. Rarely ride on this machine, which drive up from well to well. I walk with a stick.

You bought all this equipment dorogushchee?

Evgeni Plushenko: Yes, I have a lot of things. Could not pick up a set of golf clubs.

Why?

Evgeni Plushenko: But they're all different. It's like skating.

Okay, I see you tortured. Nearing completion. Year you will not. Who do you see from our Russian guys who could and who would have happened?

Evgeni Plushenko: I do not know how to prepare guys. And I do not know whether the head snaps into place in Gachinskogo. I remember how we competed in Sheffield at the European Championships, and he beat me in short. Skated beautifully arbitrarily skated great. With difficulty I then won. But then something happened to him.

They say a lot of love.

Evgeni Plushenko: I also love. And it only inspires. Give new ideas, I just blissed out and dragged. But something happened to Arthur. If everything will be back ... I know he was working on the ridge above movements. It can, in principle, worthy ride.

And now trains Tatiana Tarasova to CSKA?

Evgeni Plushenko: But I'm really glad and happy for the two athletes - for Sergei Voronov and Kostya Menshova. Sergei I know for a long time. And somehow he could not bring himself to overcome. Such a nice guy. And bones too. And Sergei changed coach and Eter G. Tutberidze keeps it cool. But as much as I, too, in the past year just blew. Worthy skated at the European Championships and was in his, and I like 30 in prizes for the first time! What to say about Maxim Kovtun? This is also a terrific athlete. If it is stable ride and a short and free program, is also realistic to take third place in the world, can get into the top five. And already there as is.

You're a fighter. And he?

Evgeni Plushenko: Rising tries. Everybody is trying. Otherwise, why all this? But now will be a new era of athletes. Go solid quads. What does this mean? We have to do one quadruple - relax. Second quad - relax. I have not invented a program to reduce the time, but on the contrary, to extend. What is this idea came a year ago to cut the program, why? Well, now that all this was rejected. This is nonsense.

But nonsense is not nonsense, and you go to his fifth Olympic circle.

Evgeni Plushenko: I? I'm going.