Patrick Chan's "Biggest Rival"
22.11.2012 at 7:00
Quad Energizes Skaters
Before Vancouver, most men's skaters didn't try to do a quad. Nowadays, quad is no longer surprise. Skaters plan a quad in both SP and LP and if they don't have three, their victory will be difficult.
Chan used to be one of the most famous being quadless. However after Olympics he changed. In recent two seasons, he landed three quads in SP and LP.
"I think men's figure skating is fun to watch now. I started training a quad from Vancouver's season. Then I was thinking I need to do at least two quads, otherwise I'll not be able to compete in the future. The quadruple jump energizes for skaters."
However, all Japanese skaters say the quad is special. They can land Triples or Triple Axel without thinking. But the quad is completely different...
Painful Memory in Vancouver
Chan also says "The quadruple jump takes more time. It needs the power of concentration, especially, pattern of before takeoff is very important. Maybe people think I do a quad easily. No. It's not easy as they think it is."
Vancouver Olympics is a bitter memory for Chan. He won a silver medal at the World championships in 2009. So his home country expected him Olympic gold medal. Then he was 19.
"All our athletes wanted to win and felt nervous. Everyone felt like that. Most of all, I was feeling like that. I wondered what would happen." However, he finished only fifth due to the injury of before 2009-2010 season.
Olympics was totally different. "It was a very big event. It's impossible to compare Olympics with other events. It had enormous number of viewers. Though when you stand on the ice, I think it was no different from any other competitions."
But according to him, the reason why he didn't get a medal was not because he was tense but he felt pressed. "I really wanted very much to compete soon. So I couldn't calm down. At the Olympics, I learned a lot. For example, how important to control my mind and to stay healthy."
The Strongest - Plushenko and Takahashi
Now we can see many strong skaters all over the world. But Chan names the 2006 Olympic champion and two-time Olympic silver medalist Evgeni Plushenko and the 2010 Olympic bronze medalist Daisuke Takahashi as his biggest rivals in Sochi.
"I think they are the strongest skaters. Although today many strong skaters do quads, they are still young and inexperienced. But Plushenko and Takahashi have a lot of experience. I do think it is a great advantage in Olympics" - Chan said.
Last edited by plushyfan; 11-22-2012 at 09:36 AM.
"young and inexperienced" is about Hanyu? He-he. The dude never misses a chance to speak ill about rivals. Not everyone should follow your Vacouver path of getting nervous, dear Patrick. Plu was a teen when he won an Olympic medal, and with quads, historical seq combo. etc. Why Hanyu can't kick you out of the podium. Javi is quite capable to do that too.
Originally Posted by plushyfan
English textbook for Russian schools- "Russia is famous for: Gagarin, Bolshoi Theatre & Plushenko" http://t.co/XkZgbtUe http://t.co/PeY3U7LE
I think its funny and very nice, obviously Zhenya has chrasima as is well known all over Russia
Originally Posted by plushyfan
One of his last interview:
"I recently returned from Germany, where I had scheduled medical examination. I had a little surgery - they put the catheter in my back, cleaning the spine. So now I need to control...... For me, the near future - is the championship of Russia, and then, most likely, the European Championship. Next - let's see.
- Your coach Alexei Mishin mentioned the event in Dortmund.
- I think that the first purely sporting start of the season for me would be, after all, the Championship of Russia. I will not be in a hurry, to go to some small event - just go to the Championship of Russia. We decided to do all, like in last season."
- It turns out the issue with the World Championship 2013 is closed?
- No, it is not closed. I'm just used to focus on the the nearest goals. Now I think only about the Championship of Russia. After Sochi - I will start thinking about the European Championships. And after him - the World Championship. Everything should be decomposed by shelves.
- In what stage is the work on yours programs?
- We have now a new methodology. I many times a day skated entirely short and free programs. Yes, this is a major burden - both, physical and emotional. That's why we changed a little preparation. I work with a trainer on general physical training, a former sprinter Vitaly Balykin. Just today, for the first time, I go to work with kickboxing coach. I also swim - also with the coach. I try to study and drive in training new metods. Now, this is not just a figure skating, where there is always work at the same muscles, than different sports, which allow me to develop harmoniously."
- You follow the results of the international season?
- Of course - I watch all the major competitions. Greatly added the Japanese, they have in the team now, four or five athletes at the same, a very decent level. But that there is such skater, which I saw and can say "Wow" - no. Yes, there are good athletes. I would be interested to compete with them. I love all the new, love to conquer, to do what no one else did. I like it, no matter how is it difficult.
Last edited by plushyfan; 11-25-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Interview with Mishin, Zhenya's part
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/26463/
Alexei Mishin: "Period of offenses for Zhenya and me passed long ago. I'd say, actually we never had such a period."
- Will Evgeni Plushenko compete in Dortmund?
- The decision hasn’t been made yet. Recently, in Germany Zhenya underwent a preventive procedure under general anesthesia, after which he missed a week of training. We understand very well that we need these competitions both for ranking points and for the experience. And just to show that the person is alive. After all, except the test skating, nobody really saw him. But on the other hand, I do not want to send Zhenya to fight while he is unprepared. It is one thing - to show short fragments in the show, and quite another - to skate the entire program. It requires a different level of readiness. Actually, later I plan to organize special small competitions here in St. Petersburg, invite serious athletes, judges, and check Evgeni at work.
- Recently Plushenko has a jubilee. And at the Birthday show in St. Petersburg you gave to your student a picture (portrait) of himself and his wife.
- Zhenya is a wealthy person. To give him a watch, a ring, or even a car is no sense. He came to such a period of his life when he doesn’t have to buy cars - companies are fighting for the right to give it to him. Why did I give such a picture? His wife Yana is shown in it as a guardian angel. In connection with the anniversary I was often asked what I’d like to wish to Zhenya. I wish him as an athlete wins, there is nothing to explain. And I wish him as a man, as a person to have a good family - surely with Yana. Of all the women he met on his life's way, she is the most appropriate person.
- They say you have not been in Moscow for his birthday party.
- I just arrived from Canada, and on the following Saturday I had scheduled practices. That's why I didn't go. I considered that it would be right.
- Did not you worry that Evgeni would be offended?
- Time of offenses passed long ago. Actually we never had such a period, in my opinion. For most people it is typical in case of failure to transfer the blame to the time, the music, the ice, the pants which bothered. For Evgeni it is absolutely not typical. That's a rare feature for a high-class athlete, and generally for a person. Even at such a difficult time for us, as, for example, Salt Lake City, I did not hear from him a single reproach.
- And after Vancouver?
- And after Vancouver I did not hear it either.
- And is it typical for him to blame himself?
- If he blames himself, it is not in the format of public statements. Each difficulty generates additional forces in him. Now, for example, Zhenya understands very well how high will be the level of competition which is waiting for him in Sochi, and therefore he increases the demands to himself, his working ability. Also I would like to say about age. It seems 30 is much for an athlete. But I still can not find any indication of the coordination oldness in Zhenya. And if you look at his attitude to sport, at what is called the fun of skating – really, there is this fun in him. Often, if something does not work out, Zhenya starts to jump on two feet, fool around, tease. There is visible unspent youth in him. And now it may be, even more than during the Turin Games. Then he was less cheerful and dynamic.
- You said you do not like parties and celebrations. But Plushenko seems to like to be in the spotlight. On this basis, you never had a tension?
- That's just a delusion. His wife belongs to the field of show business, and there you can not go into the woods and live in a tent. This world can not exist without a certain number of magazine articles, television stories and so on. But as an athlete Plushenko selects channels of communication very tough.
- The decision that he will skip the Worlds this season is final?
- If it's possible, I won't answer this question.
- I'll ask in a different way. At the Worlds in men's figure skating Russia will be represented by only one skater. And it will depend on his result how many athletes our country will be able to have at the Sochi Games. Naturally, many hope that Plushenko will change his mind and earn two or even three spots for the home Games. Are you pressed because of this?
- We need one good spot, not two or three bad ones. That is our position.
I adore Mishin, he is fantastic, smart, funny, interesting..
Mishin was asked:
- На Олимпийских играх 2014 года в Сочи мы можем рассчитывать на Евгения Плющенко только в индивидуальном турнире? Или в командных соревнованиях – тоже?
- Я думаю, что этот цветок хорош и отдельно, и в букете.
with google translater:
- At the Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014 we can expect to Plushenko only individual tournament? Or in the team competition - too?
- I think this is good flower itself, and in the bouquet.
I forgot this video, when I made the summary, all his costumes 1996-2010
JEVGENIJ PLJUŠČENKO – PÁN ĽADU 2o12 (Kings on Ice)
Slovakia and Czech Republic 11-14.12.2012
http://www.212.sk/ + http://www.212.cz/
- 11.12, 19:00 Bratislava (Slovakia) - Zimný štadión Ondreja Nepelu (Slovnaft Aréna):
VIP tickets: http://www.ticketportal.sk/tp_spravy.asp?ArticleID=7477
- 12.12, 19:00 Ostrava (Czech Republic) - Zimní stadion Sareza:
- 13.12, 19:00 Brno (Czech Republic) - Kajot Arena:
- 14.12, 19:00 Prague (Czech Republic) - Tipsport Arena (HC Sparta Praha, former "Tesla Arena"):
- Evgeni Plushenko
- Irina Slutskaya – Olympic silver and bronze medalist, 2-time world champion, 7-time European champion
- Stephane Lambiel – Olympic silver medalist and 2-time world champion
- Albena Denkova/Maxim Staviski – two-time world champions in ice dancing
- Laura Lepistö – European champion and world bronze medalist
- Ruslan Goncharov/Tatiana Ryazanova
- Fiona Zaldua/Dmitri Sukhanov – professional pair skaters
- Yukina Ota – world junior champion
- Stefania Berton/Ondřej Hotárek – 2-time Grand Prix-medalists in pairs skating
- Michal Březina – world junior silver medalist
- Tomáš Verner – European champion
Lord of the Ice: WIN tickets to this star-filled show in Bratislava!
November 27, 2012 By Titanilla Bőd
The Lord of the Ice, Evgeni Plushenko comes to Bratislava, Slovakia again on December 11. He will be headlining a figure skating show with an amazing cast. Skating fans have a lot to look forward to....
You can purchase tickets for the show here: http://www.ticketportal.sk/performance.aspx?idp=700209
Or you can win them in our contest!
It‘s really easy! Follow us on Facebook or Twitter and just let us know which of the castmembers you look the most forward to seeing, and why. (maximum of 3 sentences)
There will be a random draw and two lucky persons will recieve a free ticket for this spectacular show!
The deadline is December 2, we’ll announce the winners on the next day.
Be prepared to send us your address details, when we announce the winner (Of course all data will be kept private)
Last edited by plushyfan; 11-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.
11-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Plushy as an actor in russian music video clip he is on bike!
He looks great on bike!
https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/sta ... 2923819008
А как дела?
And how are you?
https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/sta ... 9422649344
У меня все хорошо,готовлюсь к чемпионату России!
I'm good, preparing for the championship of Russia!
Last edited by plushyfan; 11-30-2012 at 02:14 AM.
11-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Just in case if someone is curious about Plu's collaboration with Miyamoto and Camerlengo. As you know many expected new progs but they didn't show up, then there were not clear talks from Plu. It caused some speculations and hopes, including from my side, that they might have stashed those progs from Olympic season. Well, yesterday in Baltinfo Mishin announced that they won't skate those progs and explained why. Plu competitive progs for this season will be SP "Storm" (last season's SP) and FS "Swan". http://www.baltinfo.ru/2012/11/30/Al...-sporte-320739
12-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I don't know... In last year Dai's Blues was very popular and in Italy the crowd liked the "Prophet" too.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
Or maybe they adore Zhenya??? I thought, he won't skate because Hanyu's SP music is so similar. I belive Mishin thinks the Prophet doesn't fit for Zhenya..
Storm in Golden Skate Awards
Last edited by plushyfan; 12-05-2012 at 02:58 AM.
12-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Evgeni Plushenko: Anniversary ice show “Just 30!”
December 02, 2012
Evgeni Plushenko at his anniversary show Just 30!
By Vladislav Luchianov
“I’m just 30 and the life is just beginning now.” said the legendary skater during his anniversary ice show, which was held last month.
I think it is impossible to disagree with these words. It would seem that everything has already been achieved and all the titles won. What more could one ask for?
… 2006 Winter Olympics gold medalist, 2002 Winter Olympics silver medalist, 2010 Winter Olympics silver medalist, three-time World champion, seven-time European champion, a four-time Grand Prix Final champion and a nine-time Russian national champion…
Evgeni Plushenko is the only male figure skater in the modern history of the sport to have won three Olympic medals in singles (Gillis Grafström won four in the early years of the sport, from 1920–1932). This is not just an impressive list of achievements. This is something that forever entered the history of the Russian and world sports. And yes, he’s just 30!
Evgeni Plushenko anniversary ice show
Many of his rivals have different attitude to Evgeni, but the fact remains the fact – in his 30 years, he is still one of the best skaters of the world. You can be jealous of this or you can be admired.
No less impressive looks the list of his technical achievements. Evgeni Plushenko is one of the few male skaters to perform the Biellmann spin. He was the first skater in the world to perform a quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop-double loop jump (4–3–2) combination in competitions, at the 1999 NHK Trophy (he has since landed his 4–3–2 combination 26 times so far).
And yes, he’s just 30!
Plushenko ice show
He is the first skater to have landed a quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop-triple loop (4–3–3) combination in competition, at the Cup of Russia 2002. Plushenko is also the first skater to land a triple toe loop-triple toe loop-triple loop-double loop (3–3–3–2) combination, which was at the 2005 “ARD Gala”. He has landed a four jump combination; 4 toe loop-3 toe loop-2 loop-2 loop, at the World Championships in 2001. Plushenko has has also landed a quadruple Salchow in Samara, Russia at the 2004 “Second stage of Cup of Russia”.
At the age of 16, Evgeni was the youngest male skater to ever receive a perfect score of 6.0. He received a total of seventy five 6.0s before the new Code of Points judging system was introduced.
Plushenko is not from a rich family and he is a 100% self made man. This fact deserves a special respect, as well as the fact of his desire to compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
And yes, he’s just 30!
Evgeni Plushenko at his anniversary ice show
Today at 22.00 (Moscow time), the Russian Channel One will show us the TV version of Evgeni’s anniversary show. The show will also be highlighted by performances of Stephane Lambiel, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Irina Slutskaya, Ilia Kulik, Tatiana Navka/Roman Kostomarov and others. But that’s not all! There will be interesting surprises, so don’t miss it.
Important note. I think that the people of the CIS countries (former USSR states) will be able to watch the ice show live via this link >
But this does not mean that others will not be able to watch this show. In case of geoblock, Channel One always leaves the opportunity (usually the next day) for watching programs, which were broadcasted online. This opportunity is available for any country and I will publish a link to such version as soon as it will appear on the official website of Channel One. The link will be posted here, so, please bookmark this page. But anyway, regardless of your location try the online link first.
Also, try to use these links from the official website of Evgeni Plushenko>>> http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=75805#p75792
Evgeni Plushenko, “Just 30!” – Promo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQIxRAmy5FE
Last edited by plushyfan; 12-02-2012 at 08:21 AM.
12-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks, let's talk! I'm not sure I got all of it, though - Googletranslate was its own weird, inimitable self - though such a hoot! I couldn't help laughing at it - I mean: "Eugene effeminate not glued." I can't stop laughing - but what on earth does it mean?! Also, I find it bizarre when suddenly it decides that Plushy's name is "Jack"... And "Grafstremu Gillis"... Oh, dear... But they say that "a laugh is as good as a cure for what ails you", so... Still, I'm not sure why they dumped the R&J - mind, I love the Saint-Saens, so I have no gripes - especially as I never saw the R&J, though I would have wanted to, at least once... - I'm glad we did get to see The Prophet - even if it were only in show-versions.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
But I'm rambling, I fear.
I came here to post this, actually - quite a few of Plushy's programs showcased in this post:
12-05-2012, 02:05 AM