Evgeni Plushenko | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Good morning! you are really funny!:laugh: when I sleep you have enjoyable conversations..:yes: I like your ideas about Plushy bashing thread! I also will think about one!

You are right, Plu looks younger as in Sochi. Plushy face and eyes are always show his state of mind, mood. In the competitions he is always very focused, rigorous and very thin. But he is very happy now and he enjoys his life he can do what he likes. Sport, sport, sport! Probably he will play golf today..:laugh:

Look at his table tennis playing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkc8xwLM4xs he is very professional!

LRK

Record Breaker
^Indeed, for those reasons stated, I'm more polite on the internet than in person. :) But generally people become rude on the internet because of anonymity and lack of consequence. (Not referring to GoldenSkate--most people here are fairly polite, with a few... exceptions, just like on every forum. But much, much better than most).

Ah, so you've been "cured" of your childhood bad temper. ;) I like to think I have, too, except I suspect I'd transform right back into a hedgehog when presented with something to fight for.

I'm thinking, if in next Russian nationals, a bunch of men sport mullets and do donut spins (highly possible, if history holds true), we can start a "NEWS! Plushenko's fashion faux pas and skating style seeps into entire nation!" (banned for excessive alliteration, but anyway...)

Or... *puts on Freud hat--or rather, cigar* "NEWS! Wearing red as child leads to vast sexual drive - the reason behind Plushenko's endless competing!" (banned for overly long title).

My bad temper - alas, not really, not cured. And they come on without warning too - one second I'm perfectly cheerful, the other I'm in a raging fury. (Some warning would be nice... ;) )

I've often thought I should invest in a punching bag - could be... therapeutic. Also, they don't complain - or so I've heard... :)

As for alliteration - there can be no excessive alliteration. I love alliteration. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
As for Russian skaters with mullets and donut spins...too funny! I do notice a rather large % of the Russian men have had the same hairstyle at some point...obviously Plushy forced them all to wear it like that to pay homage to their king, and those who refuse? He retaliates by calling up the press and describing them as a "good average skater"! :slink:
Wait, did Kovtun get a mullet? Is that why Plushy is saying nice things? :biggrin:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't think..Kovtun is almost bald :)

TV news about show in Taipei...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnlA90_Q6Q

Short translation by "黃以安":

They special point out that Evgeni Plushenko --KING ON ICE--leading team Russia win the Gold in Sochi ---even his back was injured.

All Taiwan fans and media are very excitied and look forward to seeing the hero. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't think..Kovtun is almost bald
I'm trying to envision Kovtun with a mullet and for some reason my imagination fails me.

Heh, they're finally calling him "Emperor on Ice" now? Last time I checked, the Chinese media was still calling him "Prince." (They seem to think he'll never grow old! :))

Other things from the news report:
- The theme this year is "snow." There... supposedly will be a lot of snow falling during performances? I hope that works out.
- What an overly dramatic explanation from the interviewee regarding Sochi! A screw in his spine snapped--not his vertebrae itself. :slink:

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, a while back I was surprised when I heard that they called him "prince" in China - my first reaction? "Hey, who demoted him to prince?!" - afterwards I learned, of course, that that is what they've always called him, and thought it was sweet. :) "Emperor of Ice" - I like. :)

ETA - I saw that glaivich had posted last in the latest Plushy thread, and thought it would be "safe" for me to glance at it... well, all I can say is, that, Sandpiper, my temper is not cured - not cured at all! I'm going to stay out of that one - for now at least, but all power to you all for keeping up the good fight!

ETA 2 - Of course, Sandpiper's remark about the Chinese thinking that Plushy willl never grow old, prompts this Blast from the Past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, I should probably post less too... I don't want people (in general, not specific posters) to feel like we're ganging up on them.

Regarding the "Prince" thing: In Chinese, "King" is a single word, single syllable. Because of the nature of the language and syllables, saying "King on Ice" would sound very awkward. (There is a two-word version of King, but that is used only for literal "kings"). They do sometimes say Tsar/Emperor on Ice, in acknowledgement of his "promotion." But "Prince" is what rolls off the tongue best, and it's been his title forever. After all, he was originally known for accomplishing so much while so young. Funny how he's known for the exact opposite these days.

EDIT: My remark was actually inspired by this artwork and Tweet: https://twitter.com/tian_skating/status/427012408423362560

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, a while back I was surprised when I heard that they called him "prince" in China - my first reaction? "Hey, who demoted him to prince?!" - afterwards I learned, of course, that that is what they've always called him, and thought it was sweet. :) "Emperor of Ice" - I like. :)

ETA - I saw that glaivich had posted last in the latest Plushy thread, and thought it would be "safe" for me to glance at it... well, all I can say is, that, Sandpiper, my temper is not cured - not cured at all! I'm going to stay out of that one - for now at least, but all power to you all for keeping up the good fight!

How very wise of you. ;) I'm done. I wish I had stayed out. I'm happy enough to stay defensive, blind and stupid, rather than bitter, rude and condescending like some others. :) Plushy is proof that "living well is the best revenge;" he ignores the haters and goes on with his life, and I think I will try to do that too.

If the Artistry on Ice theme is snow, will Plushy skate to the Philipp Kirkorov song again? I'd really like to see something new...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A wonderful piece, but would it be easy to skate to? It has a fairly fast--but also very soft--piano line. Is there a way to do fast-but-soft footwork to go with it? (Of course, I'm probably demanding too much :slink:).

I have a feeling the "snow" theme will just end up being "white stuff thrown over every performance." That's what I gathered from the news report anyway. I hope it doesn't throw off anyone's jumps.

LRK

Record Breaker
A wonderful piece, but would it be easy to skate to? It has a fairly fast--but also very soft--piano line. Is there a way to do fast-but-soft footwork to go with it? (Of course, I'm probably demanding too much :slink:).

I have a feeling the "snow" theme will just end up being "white stuff thrown over every performance." That's what I gathered from the news report anyway. I hope it doesn't throw off anyone's jumps.

You're right - I think it might be quite difficult. I think Plushy could do it, though. :)

Sadly, I think you are probably right about the extent of the theme also... I hope they do it in training as well, then, so that the skaters get used to it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Maybe footwork with quick, light hops--like the original Tribute to Nijinsky choreography, or the ChSt in Tango Roxanne? While hopefully avoiding fallen snowflakes. (Seriously, if someone steps on a piece of fake snow while taking off on a jump, will something very, very bad happen?).

LRK

Record Breaker
Or on landing? I really do hope they've considered all the ramifications....

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ That was very sweet. :)

They had "real" fake snow when Plushy skated at his "Just 30!" show, and it didn't seem to be a problem. But maybe they will just project the image of snow on those big screens...like they projected fire as you can see in this clip from AoI 2012.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^They called him "Prince" in that broadcast. Wonder what they'll say this year?

Hmm, well, if they scatter real snow, that probably shouldn't be a problem. Projecting snow sounds a bit lame, but if they turn the lighting down and just allow you to see the skater and the winter landscape... could be beautiful. :)

I wonder if Plushy will wear white this time? Surely he's not going to break out another black outfit when the theme is snow!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I hope we will see good costumes in the group numbers. In 2012 were some good costumes he looks great:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0097114.101471.100000653089196&type=3&theater

all pictures from her:
https://www.facebook.com/hsiu.cat/media_set?set=a.432679850097114.101471.100000653089196&type=1

and!!!! http://my.poco.cn/album/album_show_details.htx&item_id=158707266&no=9&user_id=55705777 khm... http://my.poco.cn/album/album_show_details.htx&item_id=158707265&no=10&user_id=55705777 :eek:::love:

Do you know this video in 2012? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqstQ5r2u8 one girl the host "interviewed" before Plushy's "Storm

translating:
Host: Anne is a "professional" skating fan, right?
Anne: I'm not that "professional" but I love watching skating very much!

Host: So how do you feel from the start of this show?
Anne: I feel so happy, as if I'm melted by happiness. I have weak feet now.

Host: Wow, you're expressive. You're not melted yet. What do you expect the most today since you love watching skating for a long time?
Anne: I'm choked by excitement... There must be lots of peolple waiting for him. He shot an arrow at my heart from 2002-- our "King on Ice," Evgeni Plushenko (began sobbing)

Host: Are you crying? This king on ice... (amazed by Anne's reaction) You should be an actress. She really cried! I can imagine what a real fan feel if she has the chance to witness her idol, right in Taiwan, on this stage.
Anne: No words can describe how excted I'm now... We can share the same air on this ice rink. This is incredible!

Host: I think You are incredible! Calm down! She's crying! Bring tissues. Yes, Let's welcome the king on ice, Evgeni Plushenko!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Chinese TV news (on english) about golf tournament in october, where will be compete Plushy - by news, there will be and Morgan Freeman, Nicole Kidman, Chris Evans, Jessica Alba, Kenny G, Luis Figo, Yao Ming...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1z06u4_0609-cr-m08-mission-hills-world-celebrity-pro-am_news

(0609 CR M08) MISSION HILLS WORLD CELEBRITY PRO-AM: This coming October, Hollywood superstars, sporting legends and golfing professionals are to converge on China's tropical island of Hainan.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Lol, the group number costume is still black though. :p And very Matrix. Was Joubert there that year?

I hope we don't have to rely on group numbers to bring in good costumes. C'mon, Plushy, no more black blouses! (But, despite all my complaints, my favourite costumes of his have been black. I guess it's just harder to make good colourful costumes).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Here's a sketch of Johnny Weir's costume. I don't suppose we will see Plushy in anything quite like this. ;) http://instagram.com/p/pXt3nmBhTP/

I'll be reasonably satisfied if it's not all black and has some bright color details...white, gold, red. And I like his purple shirt. But hopefully he will surprise us with something unexpected.