Evgeni Plushenko | Page 77 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

LRK

Record Breaker
^Thank you! I missed the opening during the stream.

I can't quite making sense of the interview. :scratch: On a vaguely related subject, I've been thinking about this whole quad lutz thing... And it's obviously insane, but maybe there's a bit of strategy to it? If he lands quad lutz, he won't need to go for a second quad in the LP.

Oh, so it wasn't just me then - Phew! All those cakes confused me - I felt as my brain was going cross-eyed (so to speak) trying to follow... and then I gave up. :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
All aboard the party train...er, bus! :) Han Yan looks like he would like a beer too...what is the drinking age in China?

I can only guess what Mishin is talking about...these translations! My interpretation that they have a short-term goal and a long-term goal, and to reach the long-term goal one must follow the more complex "recipe" step by step, but you end up with a perfect cake (as opposed to, I guess, the instant gratification of buying an inferior store-bought cake made in a factory or something?). And maybe a quad lutz is the cherry on top?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I just can't understand the quad lutz, outside of the obscene amount of points it's worth (hence why I suggested it could be a strategic move). It's already been done. If he absolutely has to do this crazy thing, why not go for quad loop instead? Maybe he just wants to get a quad lutz for its own sake... It's the only other quad he attempted in a major competition.

Lol, Han Yan looks very sad to be left out.

Some fans actually made this! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt8ad4wCMAAFFpV.jpg

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Videos from Taipei:

Tosca Fantasy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XcMZpbcJqA Probably the best version of that step sequence I've seen on this tour. :love: And he trolled the official camera!
Best of Plushenko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snGLD0kJpzg A bit low-energy, he wore super-see-through again, and the video is either low resolution or out of focus... but once again, no problems with the jumps. :)

I guess he's survived the bad boot?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ Thanks for the links! I agree, the footwork in that Tosca is great, just wish we could get a better video. Apparently all the expert fancam folks are in Shanghai?

Not much new in the world of Plushy right now, but he looks very good in a tanktop in this ad for Kings on Ice in Bucharest in October. :love: I wonder who else will be in that show? Besides Edvin, of course...

ioanna

Record Breaker
Oh, that's a great lineup! I'm guessing by your name that you are Romanian? Please keep us posted on any updates (if it's not too much trouble :) ).
I'm not sure I can go to the actual show but I can always translate news or articles if it's needed :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm not sure I can go to the actual show but I can always translate news or articles if it's needed :)

That would be much appreciated. Thank you!

There is actually a new Plushy article today http://itar-tass.com/sport/1366099

Not much that we didn't know before, but he mentions that he has upcoming shows in Japan as well as Romania. As far as I know, the only Japanese show coming up is Shizuka's "Friends on Ice" from Aug. 22 - 24. So we may not have to suffer a long Plushy drought as I had anticipated. :)

The other new-ish tidbit is that the family ice show is definitely planned for late December and the title is "Snow King." Featuring skaters, acrobats, beautiful scenery, and "elements of magic."

ioanna

Record Breaker
Yes, the only show left in Japan is Friends On Ice. On the official website it says there are more skaters TBA so it's possible.

Since Evan Lysacek and Daisuke Takahashi are both already in the cast I guess the Vancouver podium will reunite :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Kings on Ice ad is pretty fun! I especially liked how he just skated away from the camera, like he was going back to a routine he interrupted.

Interesting tidbits about the "Snow King" show... Elements of magic? "NEWS! Is Plushenko Going Wiccan?"

Since Evan Lysacek and Daisuke Takahashi are both already in the cast I guess the Vancouver podium will reunite :laugh:
:popcorn: Possibly a special group performance?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I would rather have Lambiel and Dai with Plushy than Lysacek though. :laugh:
For a serious program, I agree. I was thinking more along the lines of an on-ice dance off. :p Therefore, Vancouver medallists facing off is :popcorn: for me. But Lambiel can get a special invite to participate, since he got the dreaded fourth place.

Meoima

Match Penalty
For a serious program, I agree. I was thinking more along the lines of an on-ice dance off. :p Therefore, Vancouver medallists facing off is :popcorn: for me. But Lambiel can get a special invite to participate, since he got the dreaded fourth place.
And we need Nobu as the crying baby in the background if Lysacek join the group. :laugh: anyone remember Lysacek's reaction to Nobu's crying at NHK?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
And we need Nobu as the crying baby in the background if Lysacek join the group. :laugh: anyone remember Lysacek's reaction to Nobu's crying at NHK?
That was so hilarious I actually showed the video to non-skating fans. To be fair, I would've reacted exactly the same way as Evan. I mean, Nobu won the NHK Trophy, not the freaking Olympics (he cried harder than Stephane did on the Olympics podium!).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Do you guys have a link to the video with Evan and Nobu? I've seen Nobu crying but I don't remember seeing Evan's reaction. Or maybe I do. Did he just kind of roll his eyes? Or was that somewhere else?