Evgeni Plushenko | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

let`s talk

Match Penalty
All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VCIOM) presents an annual ranking of the Russian elite. As usual the top list is full of politicians and pop-stars with Putin on the top. The only athlete who entered the first 20 is Plushenko (16th). The nearest athlete on the list is the professional football player Arshavin (32nd). :clap:
http://wciom.ru/index.php?id=459&uid=113505

lilywang

Rinkside
All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VCIOM) presents an annual ranking of the Russian elite. As usual the top list is full of politicians and pop-stars with Putin on the top. The only athlete who entered the first 20 is Plushenko (16th). The nearest athlete on the list is the professional football player Arshavin (32nd). :clap:
http://wciom.ru/index.php?id=459&uid=113505

Congratulations!

I'm always surprised that Plushenko can come ahead of football or tennis stars in those polls. How big is figure skating in Russia? I suppose other skating icons, like Irina Rodnina and Artur Dmitriev, are also in the Parthenon of public opinion?

yaya124

On the Ice
Congratulations!

I'm always surprised that Plushenko can come ahead of football or tennis stars in those polls. How big is figure skating in Russia? I suppose other skating icons, like Irina Rodnina and Artur Dmitriev, are also in the Parthenon of public opinion?

I think he is often on the list and sometimes has higher rank comparing to football or tennis stars is because he is still competing. The poll indicates:
Please name the 10 people who, in your opinion, in the first place can be attributed to the current Russian elite, who now has the greatest services to Russia

Besides, figure skating is not like tennis or football, you OFTEN get the chance to hear the anthem and see the flag, that can provoke some patriotism emotion. From this point of view, Plushenko's ranking is well deserved considering his long impressive career and the fact he is still competing. Although to some people he is not that competitive anymore comparing to when he was in his prime time, he is still to many people the icon of this sports, nationally or internationally :laugh:

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
kp.ru and Plu site informed the world that Plu son is born on the the Russian Christmas Eve, 2kg800gr, Plu is on his way to his new baby. :clap:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
kp.ru and Plu site informed the world that Plu son is born on the the Russian Christmas Eve, 2kg800gr, Plu is on his way to his new baby. :clap:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to Plushy and Yana!!!!

Alexander Evgenevich Plushenko :)

Last edited: