Thread: Words Repeating When I edit

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Words Repeating When I edit

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr
    ETA I have constant problems with the software here repeating several words of my sentence...it is not new and happens on both laptops I own, so maybe I should ask what the issue is, do others have this repeating part of a sentence problem? IO catch it when i re-read the post as I have a hard time when the area is very small to review for really bad mistakes. I am not sure where to adress this, ie. which forum moderator? It is really annoying and I should have addressed it long ago rather than just fixing it if I see it. I can't be only one (I hope) with this tech. issue. Thankyou mods! Always something to keep you busy, eh? Sorry.
    I have this problem when I edit a post of mine, but not with the original post.

I also have problems with the little Quick Reply post box being too small.

vbulletin will appear to be repeating the ends of some lines when you are editing something you posted previously. Mostly, those words do not repeat when you post them; they are sort of a mirage. The easiest way to cope with this for me is to edit in Advanced mode (push the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the post box, and Ignore the Repeats by only reading the Preview text. In Advanced Mode, you get a lot more formatting options, and you get the Preview Changes button, to the right of the Save Changes button. If you hit Preview, you get what your finished post looks like on the forum. Below it is your text, which is still editable, and which still has the options of Preview and Save.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-29-2012 at 04:50 AM.

As far as I can tell, this problem occurs only for older versions of Internet Explorer. Upgrading to the latest IE or switching browsers (to Firefox for instance) may help.

Every time there is an update to vBulletinboard, which is often, there is a possibility that some sort of new bug or incompatibility will arise which VBulletinboard fixes in due course. At one change the last word of a sentence would appear again as the first word of the next line. Again, this was an IE incomptibiliy, I believe.

For my computer at work, not only is the dialogue box too small but I can't scroll properly. With Safari on my Imac at home this is not a problem.
    Last edited by Mathman; 10-29-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It may be IE, but I use the current version of IE9...