Withdrawals | Golden Skate

Withdrawals

Shaba22

Final Flight
Artur Dmitriev, Jr. withdrew due to ???

Wenjing Sui / Cong Han withdrew due to Sui suffered a knee injury.

Narumi Takahashi / Mervin Tran withdrew because in April 2012, Takahashi dislocated her left shoulder while practicing a lift. After five or six recurrences, she decided to undergo surgery on October 30. They will miss about four to six months.

Caitlin Yankowskas / Joshua Reagan withdrew because he sustained a rib injury in practice.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It bothers me that no pairs were given the opportunity to fill the spots. In pairs, especially, the ISU should have named alternates to each event from the get-go.

Current pairs entries:

Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN

Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN

Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN

Wenting WANG / Yan ZHANG CHN

Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS

Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I remember reading a few weeks ago that he had broken his leg. I think the info was first posted by Arthur Werner and then it was mentioned at FSU. Maybe AlexRus can help us figuring out if it's true or not.

Last edited:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
It bothers me that no pairs were given the opportunity to fill the spots.

It bothers other skaters too. Misha Ge is not too happy and tweeted about it.

Because im first Substitute on GP,Received Email from ISU about CoC,that Dmitriev(RUS) withdraw to late,unfortunately they cant invite me. For me compete it or not its fine,not now then i might get in future.But why leave one spot open and not try best to put other skater on it? Same Situation on Skate America with Ice Dancers,because one couple withdraw there have no preparation for substitute so spot was empty. it's already only 10 Singles ,8 Pairs,6 Ice Dancers this year on each GP, and skater need lost their spot.Why? it's not only about me , it's about Skaters .

waxel

Final Flight
With the series already down to 10-8-6, the withdrawals make the events seem almost paltry. Certainly lessens the effect of a major international event. The replacement policy certainly needs adjusting.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Agreed though I didn't fully understand Ge. Did they have to invite Ge? Why not someone else?