Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN
    Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN
    Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
    Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA
    Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
    Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS
    Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA

Custom Title
    Relly looking forward to this competition. B/S up against W/P who will be out for revenge after SA and P/B making their season debut, I think the Russians and Canadians could put them under a lot of pressure. I hope that S/Z do well. On a separte not why is their only 8 entries, could they not up it to 10 entries? I find the fields very small compared to the JGP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    Relly looking forward to this competition. B/S up against W/P who will be out for revenge after SA and P/B making their season debut, I think the Russians and Canadians could put them under a lot of pressure. I hope that S/Z do well. On a separte not why is their only 8 entries, could they not up it to 10 entries? I find the fields very small compared to the JGP.
    Pechalat and Bourzat lets see how they compare at this early stage with V/M and D/W should have a clear margin here over the rest, battle for silver as you say between B/S and W/P How will S/Z do in the mix maybe 4th for them here!!, C/B have a lovely free dance this year, so graceful could challenge if they have upped the ante on levels.
    Last edited by russell30; 10-30-2012 at 09:26 AM.

This is going to be a great dance competition. I hope that Bobrova and Soloviev get at least second so they can make the GPF.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    This is going to be a great dance competition. I hope that Bobrova and Soloviev get at least second so they can make the GPF.
    I think they will. I was very impressed with what I saw at Skate America. And I say this as someone who did not really care for them in the past. I like Weaver and Poje and their FS, but I really think that they have some work to do on their program if they want to beat P/B or B/S. They looked less crisp at SA relative to B/S and D/W.

That said, I hope that such work has been done quickly because I like a good competition.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 10-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Custom Title
    What did you think of W/P at Nepala, Mrs. P? P/B at French Masters?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    What did you think of W/P at Nepala, Mrs. P? P/B at French Masters?
    I liked W/P's dance a ton when I saw it on video from Nepala. And I was really to love it at Skate America. The costume is absolutely striking when seen live and they have a beautiful look. That said, I was surprised to see how simplistic their FD was. Not that it was simple, per se, but it lacked the difficulty seen from B/S + D/W. The bobbles throughout the program probably didn't help either. Seem they had the emoting from last year's program without the tech goods to back it up. My husband, as a casual fan, LOVED last season's program and was hoping to see it at Skate America (told him that wasn't going to happen) and was a bit disappointed at the program (though he loved the costuming as well).

IN contrast, I was ready to really dislike B/S new program because I what I saw on video and the whole dying thing. But in person -- they had a ton of speed, good edging and the choreo was not OTT. She still has posture issues, but they were less annoying this time around.

P/B looked really good at French Masters and I do think their holds are more difficult, but my post above was based on what I saw at Skate America and less what I saw on video.

Custom Title
    This event has one of the most interesting dynamics with three teams (P&B, W&P, B&S) all of whom could be in contention for the podium at Worlds. Too bad we won't be able to see the competition on TV unless we find something on youtube.