Sofia BIRYUKOVA RUS
    Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS
    Joshi HELGESSON SWE
    Mirai NAGASU USA

Rinkside
    any streaming links? (go mirai!!)

Custom Title
    nice line up!!

Between Julia and Mao for Gold, Kiira should get 3rd...?

Custom Title
    Ya, Mao and Julia will definitely be on the podium. Kiira has a good chance, but I keep an eye on Zijun Li.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    nice line up!!

Between Julia and Mao for Gold, Kiira should get 3rd...?
    Julia has gold if she shows the same consistency. I expected either Nagasu or Korpi to get silver, followed by Mao for bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Julia has gold if she shows the same consistency. I expected either Nagasu or Korpi to get silver, followed by Mao for bronze.
    haha only if the world becomes upside down, and a miracle from the heavens falls down, would this podium be realised

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    haha only if the world becomes upside down, and a miracle from the heavens falls down, would this podium be realised
    Why do you say that? It is very possible. But I dont want Julia to win, even tough after seeing her in Finlandia she will probably do. I would like Mao or Kiira in first. But Kiira is inconsistent and Mao I still have to see her in competition. But after Japan Open she looks like she is in a better shape than last year. And her long program is very beautiful. I keep my fingers crossed for Kiira to make the podium.

Custom Title

My very vague predictions

I feel that Julia will get gold, seeing how she was so loved by the judges in Finlandia with her consistency and hyper-flexibility. I would actually like Mao to win, but she is likely to get silver, if she makes a few mistakes. I would guess Kiira or Mirai for bronze. But the ice is slippery and Sofia, Zijun, Amelie could pull out two solid performances and snatch a medal.

Custom Title
    Julia is a brilliant skater - my prediction is that she'll get the gold here.
    2 - Kiira
    3 - Mao
    Nagasu will be 4 or smth like that...

Custom Title
    I guess it's hard to argue against these predictions since Julia, Kiira and Mao have posted big scoring performances so far this season. My heart wants to see Mirai on that top step.

I'm hoping Finlandia got her early season jitters out of her and she can give a real on-two punch out there. Her programs are SO much better than last season and she seems to be really fighting for it this year.

I think Mao has the most likely hood of winning the free skate if she delivers like she did at Japan Open. This early into the season though I think we're looking at a case of who can stay on their feet the most and if we look at history than things seem to be in favor of Julia winning.

I have to say, this is the third grand prix in the row where it really feels like there's a surprisingly deep field for the ladies. I see four different ladies with a legitimate chance at a medal here and maybe even the top spot of the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    I think Mao has the most likely hood of winning the free skate if she delivers like she did at Japan Open.
    You mean two URed triples and invalid spin like Japan Open?
    I don't wish her so, because I don't hate her.

Miserere Nobis
    Why?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Just quoting for posterity.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Just quoting for posterity.
    THIS.

Custom Title
    I think Mirai might surprise folks; the russian ballerinas have been struggling with growth issues. Mao is a wild card; I am losing faith in her - too many bad skates and still no decision - go for the triple axel or all the other jumps???? Make a decision and go with it Mao. Its now Mao or you better watch out for Gao

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast