Ladies Entries Cup of China 2012 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Entries Cup of China 2012

Country
Russia
Has Kiira ever skated a LP with more than 3 clean triple jumps?? If so how many times? lol my point exactly... it wasn't for 'Pretty Bonus' for most Finnish skater she would have never been on podium.

At Euro-2012 FS Kiira landed four clean triples (3T+3T, 3S, 3S+2T), 3Lo<+2T+2Lo and invalid 3Lo (third repetition of triple), I don't know was it clean.
Two her scored 3Lo at Euro-2012 (one at SP and one at FS) were URed.

IleK

On the Ice
Wow, you people really know how to count :)) Go Kiira up on the podium! I just don't have the time to count anything while watching her programs because I enjoy it too much. But I know she has little chance to make the podium than Mao and Julia. Anyway, I would really be happy to see all three of them on the podium. I have a good feeling about that. I cant wait to see the ladies and their beautiful dresses, Kiira's and Mao's most af all.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Kiira is one year older than Mao... and I don't agree she's losing ground to Kiira or Mirai, where would those two have been that impressive? Obviously Mao lost ground to Ashley for example, but that's too because Ashley has really stepped it up. Mirai could beat Mao (without Mao making too many mistakes, I mean), but she really would need to get herself together, which I didn't see at Finlandia.

And I never said Mao needs the 3A to be competitive. Of course it gives her a huge advantage, but she wouldn't need it looking at the current ladies field. If clean, she could have 7 triples (though the lutz with an egde call), gets high PCS, has easily Lv4 spins with +GOE and step sequences now Lv4 with +GOE. That's hardly something I could see Kiira or Nagasu doing recently... the 3A isn't her biggest advantage. Her biggest advantage is her pure beautiful skating, when she gets it together.
That might change till Sochi though, with the young Russians and Yuna coming back.

ITA. To be honest, Mao never needed the 3A. It was a trump card; a jump she could pull out to boost her even higher. Unfortunately, during the time she spent with Tarasova the 3A became her only playing card and carried the bulk of her technical score. Since parting with Tat, Mao has been focusing on getting a more well rounded arsenal of jumps and I commend her for that.

In this field, a clean Mao should (and probably will) beat anyone. 7 triples combined with her amazing skating skills, presentation, choreography, etc. will be very very difficult to beat. I think her FS is absolutely beautiful this year and a clean performance of it should score through the roof, easily beating out anything Julia or Kiira could come up with. The only person who could give Mao a toe-to-toe run for her money here is Mirai. When Mirai is on, she's on. The problem is she hasn't been on in a very long time...

A clean Kiira will score well. A clean Julia will score very well, though if you're comparing a clean Julia to a clean Mao, Julia might edge Mao out in the TES but Mao should flatten Julia in the PCS...should being the operative word here. Last week's results at SC show that just b/c a skater should get marks doesn't mean they actually will.

It's going to be a tough competition. There are a lot of potential medalists. It will come down to who is able to deliver...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Mao has switched her focus from the 3A to all the triples; trying to do it all has not worked for Mao. It is the pc answer to say I am trying to do it all but so few ladies now can do the five triples before the axel - 3 toe, 3 sal, 3 loop, 3 flip and 3 lutz. At the olympics only t Rochette landed all the triples .

mary01

Final Flight
Skater Boy;673082[B said:
]Mao has switched her focus from the 3A to all the triples; trying to do it all has not worked for Mao[/B]. It is the pc answer to say I am trying to do it all but so few ladies now can do the five triples before the axel - 3 toe, 3 sal, 3 loop, 3 flip and 3 lutz. At the olympics only t Rochette landed all the triples .

it has worked greatly for her, her 3S and 3Z is back in her program as well as a beautiful 2a-3t, and has landed all the tripples at several competitions already. it may have taken time, with many ups and downs that have slowed the process but i think she has done an amazing work soo far, especially considering the risky challenge she took upon herself, i can't think off anyone else who was willing to go through so much especially when considering she was already successful with her jumps as they were. but her going to this extend just shows how much respect she has for the sport. I just love how she as a person and a skater always evolves, and never stops challenging new things!

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not against Mao but it has taken two seasons and she still isn't that consistent with the refocussed jumps- she didn't even medal at world's this year. This has been going on for a while.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Kiira is one year older than Mao... and I don't agree she's losing ground to Kiira or Mirai, where would those two have been that impressive? Obviously Mao lost ground to Ashley for example, but that's too because Ashley has really stepped it up. Mirai could beat Mao (without Mao making too many mistakes, I mean), but she really would need to get herself together, which I didn't see at Finlandia.

And I never said Mao needs the 3A to be competitive. Of course it gives her a huge advantage, but she wouldn't need it looking at the current ladies field. If clean, she could have 7 triples (though the lutz with an egde call), gets high PCS, has easily Lv4 spins with +GOE and step sequences now Lv4 with +GOE. That's hardly something I could see Kiira or Nagasu doing recently... the 3A isn't her biggest advantage. Her biggest advantage is her pure beautiful skating, when she gets it together.
That might change till Sochi though, with the young Russians and Yuna coming back.

Hence my usage of the phrase "up-and-coming." I was aware that she was older than Mao. As for Mirai, she is gaining ground much faster than Mao is--you hardly hear her name mentioned anymore, and as sad as it is, it won't change unless she steps up to the plate.

gmyers

Record Breaker
No question the Russian ladies have disappointed in SA and SC and presure on Julia is big!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
A lot of my fave skaters are at this event - especially one in particular! GO MIRAI!! I'm still keeping the faith! :rock:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
ForeverFish said:
Hence my usage of the phrase "up-and-coming." I was aware that she was older than Mao. As for Mirai, she is gaining ground much faster than Mao is--you hardly hear her name mentioned anymore, and as sad as it is, it won't change unless she steps up to the plate.

:unsure:

Reality check:
Mirai's best performances were the SP at worlds 2010 and the FS at 4CC 2011. She gained 129 points back there - this last season, she never managed to get more than 112. She didn't even make the world team and Maos pretty bad showing at worlds beats 2 out of 4 from Mirais competitions that season point-wise (one of Mirais better ones being at Nationals at that).
Kiiras best effort was back in 2006, that's 6 years ago...

That's gaining ground or being up and coming? I don't want to belittle Kiira or Mirai or make it sound like the talent wasn't there, which it is, but... lol.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Looks like I have precision, but not accuracy. Three for three is pretty good, IMO, even though they didn't end up in the exact spots I predicted. Ice is slippery. :laugh: