Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does the Graceful Czisny have new programs?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Czisny is among the many champions scheduled to perform on Saturday, November 3, at Scott Hamilton's cancer fundraiser in Cleveland.
    [url]http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/10/30/13th-annual-an-evening-with-scott-hamilton-friends-set-for-saturday-nov-3/[/url]

(BTW, Rockne Brubaker also is scheduled to perform -- no partner listed.)
    Has anyone seen her skating?

Custom Title
    Any reports regarding the fundraiser in Cleveland? did it happen, was Czisny there...???

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    This is from an IN article just posted today:

Alissa Czisny, who won her first of two national titles in Cleveland in 2009, performed even though she is still recuperating from a hip injury and had just returned to training in September.

"It's such an honor to be a part of this show," said Czisny, who was her usual exquisite self but struggled with her jumps. "I'm getting better. This is the first time I have really done anything. It hasn't been an easy process but hopefully, I will be ready for NHK [Trophy] (Nov. 23-25)."

Custom Title
    ^thanks. This doesn't sound great for this season, but I do wish her the very best as she recovers and builds. So here's hoping we see her at NHK!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Alissa USFS biography still lists both her programs as "TBD". Her ISU biography lists:

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season2012/2013
    La Vie En Rose arranged by John Williams
    La Vie En Rose Compilation

Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season2012/2013
    Valse Triste by Jean Sibelius
    (information from 2011/12 season)
    I take this to mean that if she skates this year, she mayl use the La Vie en Rose SP again, but there is absolutely no clue out that what she would use for an LP.

I have not considered any of this info definitive enough to add it to the Programs thread.

Custom Title
    It sounds as if Alissa is seriously considering skating at NHK. If she's still struggling with her jumps in early November, Alissa isn't going to make much of an improvement in a couple of weeks. But then she went to 2012 Worlds anyway after a disastrous showing at an International B. IMO, Alissa will further damage her reputation with ISU judges if she skates poorly at NHK.

If she does withdraw, it will probably be too late for a replacement.

16 days to NHK. I hope Alissa does not attend if she is still struggling and not ready.

Custom Title
    I agree if she isn't ready she shouldn't go. And really if she is struggling this much on Nov 6 she should give up the spot and hopefully someone else can use it ie. Nagasu or better yet Osmond. But we live in a world where everyone is out for themselves so I can see Alissa holding on to the dream at the cost of some other deserving skater. Besides ironically by possibly keeping Osmond out she may help some other skater get into the GPF.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I agree if she isn't ready she shouldn't go. And really if she is struggling this much on Nov 6 she should give up the spot and hopefully someone else can use it ie. Nagasu or better yet Osmond. But we live in a world where everyone is out for themselves so I can see Alissa holding on to the dream at the cost of some other deserving skater. Besides ironically by possibly keeping Osmond out she may help some other skater get into the GPF.
    This upsets me most because it isn't as though she is doing herself any favors by competing either if she is not ready. To hope to be ready by NHK based on the fact that she currently does not have the jumps seems a bit delusional. The only advantage to her going is that, of course, she probably hopes to have at least one competition at which to try out her programs before Nationals. However, surely there is a Senior B between now and then that would have her.

This does not sound promising to me at all, and I (while not a Czisny fan exactly) am someone who actually enjoys her skating and did defend her after Nationals and Worlds last year.

Custom Title
    Yeah, 2 months of training really doesn't seem long enough to get yourself in peak condition, but I do agree that it might help her to have a competition before nationals. Mirai has competed twice this season internationally and isn't going to make the GPF anyway, so I am ok with Alyssa going even if she bombs.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Czisny is scheduled to perform on Sat Nov 10 in Phoenix in the Pandora Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice show, according to the Facebook page and website of Disson Skating.

The show will air nationally on NBC on Sunday, November 25, 4:00 p.m. ET. "Check your local listings."

[url]https://www.facebook.com/DissonSkating/posts/411480148917337[/url]
    Last edited by golden411; 11-08-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Custom Title
    Well if she is skating in all these shows maybe this is cutting into her training time. I know the issue may be money. Still if she is struggling with her double axel according to reports maybe she isn't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Alissa USFS biography still lists both her programs as "TBD". Her ISU biography lists:

I take this to mean that if she skates this year, she mayl use the La Vie en Rose SP again, but there is absolutely no clue out that what she would use for an LP.

I have not considered any of this info definitive enough to add it to the Programs thread.
    Thanks God she's not skating to Valse Triste again! In Italian, "Triste" means "sad", and that was really a sad program (but maybe it's just because she skated it disastrously so many times!)...
    Well if she is skating in all these shows maybe this is cutting into her training time. I know the issue may be money. Still if she is struggling with her double axel according to reports maybe she isn't ready.
    The 2A has always been a weak jump for her, the most important thing is if she has her triples: there's no chance of a good result without 3Lz, since she doesn't have a 3-3...

Custom Title
    IF I were Alissa, I would sit out this season and recuperate fully, do light training and enjoy and do some shows, then think about the olympic season next fall - seems more sensible

in the case of Scott Hamilton's show (Scott Cares) I think all the skaters end up donating any appearance fee to the cause.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast