Does the Graceful Czisny have new programs? | Golden Skate

Does the Graceful Czisny have new programs?

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
I have been looking through several pages of the skater programs for this year and I couldn't find anything.
I don't need the specific music choices. I hope she keeps that short from last year and am hoping for a new long program. Thanks for any insight.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
She has already said that she will keep one of her program (I hope it will be the SP, too!)... I really hope she changes that horrible "Valse triste"!

Czisny is among the many champions scheduled to perform on Saturday, November 3, at Scott Hamilton's cancer fundraiser in Cleveland.

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012...cott-hamilton-friends-set-for-saturday-nov-3/

That's in just a few days! I assume, since she hasn't withdrawn, that her recovery from surgery is proceeding on schedule. I hope we will get some youtubes so we can get a sense about whether it is realistic for the G.C. to compete this season.

IleK

On the Ice
I really miss her. She was my favourite female skater in the last 2 seasons, along Kiira of course:) But she was my no 1 and I was very sad for what happened to her. I try to be optimistic and hope that she will recover until NHK so that we can have an idea about how much she recovered. I truly hope we will see her in Sochi, she fought too much to continue skating not to see her there.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
There was an IN article a few months back that said that Marina Zoueva was choreographing a new program for Czisny. Don't know if that ended up happening, but I bet it'd be a good one. :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Very interesting. Maybe Ms. Czisny injury isn't as bad as I first thought. I did not think she would be ready to skate publically but I guess I am wrong. i do hope though Alissa doesn't wait too long if she can't compete; it is only fair others have a chance to skate if she can't. And hopefully she will keep one program so she doesn't have to learn two programs in a shortened season for her. I know there is no way of judging things but I do hope she is 100percent and isn't "using" NHK merely as a warm up because other skaters could use the chance but then again it is a dog eat dog world.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Show skating is a lot less strenuous than competitve skating. For a skater like Alissa, she could do no jumps in a show program and it would still be lovely.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Show skating is a lot less strenuous than competitve skating. For a skater like Alissa, she could do no jumps in a show program and it would still be lovely.

that's so true. For skaters like Alissa and Sasha, if you see them live, they are so lovely and graceful that you really don't care that much about the jumps. (I don't, anyway)

samson

Medalist
Wow has Marina Zoueva ever done choreography for singles before?? I'll be really interested to what her and Alissa could create together!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wow has Marina Zoueva ever done choreography for singles before?? I'll be really interested to what her and Alissa could create together!
Yes, for Kanako Murakami and Takahiko Kozuka last season :biggrin:

Victura

On the Ice

She also did choreography for a lot of Katia Gordeeva's singles programs for professional competitions in the late 90s. There's a certain lightness about both Katia and Alissa's skating that I love, so I think Marina would be perfect for Alissa. Looking forward to seeing the product of their work!

emma

Record Breaker
Any reports regarding the fundraiser in Cleveland? did it happen, was Czisny there...???

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
This is from an IN article just posted today:

Alissa Czisny, who won her first of two national titles in Cleveland in 2009, performed even though she is still recuperating from a hip injury and had just returned to training in September.

"It's such an honor to be a part of this show," said Czisny, who was her usual exquisite self but struggled with her jumps. "I'm getting better. This is the first time I have really done anything. It hasn't been an easy process but hopefully, I will be ready for NHK [Trophy] (Nov. 23-25)."

emma

Record Breaker
^thanks. This doesn't sound great for this season, but I do wish her the very best as she recovers and builds. So here's hoping we see her at NHK!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Alissa USFS biography still lists both her programs as "TBD". Her ISU biography lists:

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season2012/2013
La Vie En Rose arranged by John Williams
La Vie En Rose Compilation

Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season2012/2013
Valse Triste by Jean Sibelius
(information from 2011/12 season)

I take this to mean that if she skates this year, she mayl use the La Vie en Rose SP again, but there is absolutely no clue out that what she would use for an LP.

I have not considered any of this info definitive enough to add it to the Programs thread.