Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The landing edge and flow out of a jump

^ Michelle is not Michelle Kwan without those extraordinary qualities of hers! Just

Custom Title
    http://michellekwan.fateback.com/ima...12-landing.jpg

Best landing position in the business.

Just Sigh...this was the year, the SP when they used a little makeup and costume to unveil the grown up Michelle. Romanza still makes me gasp at how lovely this girl was, her skating and her face. Such a delicate, Chinese beauty emerging into womanhood. Yes, the landings were lovely and extended as they had time before CoP demands. Not complicated but just lovely. I hate to gush, but wasn't that SP just perfection? She was never more beautiful. Truly like watching a flower open.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Just Sigh...this was the year, the SP when they used a little makeup and costume to unveil the grown up Michelle. Romanza still makes me gasp at how lovely this girl was, her skating and her face. Such a delicate, Chinese beauty emerging into womanhood. Yes, the landings were lovely and extended as they had time before CoP demands. Not complicated but just lovely. I hate to gush, but wasn't that SP just perfection? She was never more beautiful. Truly like watching a flower open.
    ITA. Romanza was just speechless. I still remember Dick introducing her in Nats saying "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrromanza!" And then music started, all was magic.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    ^^Definitely a favorite of mine. From 1996-1998 Michelle's SPs were perfection and each one showed a different level of growth. Yesterday I posted a "gush post" on my blog about the brilliance of Dream of Desdemona (I won't post the link here b/c I don't want to get fussed at) but Romanza was the biggest shocker b/c it was such a drastic change from the year before in terms of packaging. The music, choreography and costume brought out all of the qualities Michelle already had. All of that grace, musicality, etc. had been there but it was hidden behind a fresh faced ponytailed girl. *swoons*

I'm off to watch Romanza now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2