Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE)
    Gracie GOLD (USA)
    Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA)
    Caroline ZHANG (USA)

Go, Valentina!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Go, Valentina!
    Valentina is reborn this year and has 2 beautiful programs. I hope she can repeat her 4th place from last GP. I am rooting for mai fav Kiira (hoping for silver) and also for Adelina (she might win here), Gracie (maybe bronze?) and Valentina in 4th. But there are also Alena whom I ve never liked and Kanako whose programs doesn't move me at all this year but she is very constant and can easily make the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Go, Valentina!

Custom Title
    If Adelina wants to be in gpf, she has to win here...(

Miserere Nobis
    Go Gracie! I hope she makes the podium.

Custom Title
    This is the weakest field; mainly because the medallist is Leonova. it will be interesting to see what happens. Gracie has another chance to show her stuff. I kind of wish Valentina does well because I think she kind of got cheated in the past when the Italian federation chose Kostner over her for I believe the olympics but at least a worlds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    If Adelina wants to be in gpf, she has to win here...(
    Silver is enough , as long as her score is above 172+ points

Custom Title
    This should be interesting events as we have Kanako, Adelina and Korppi all with a bronze. Who ever win this event will get a spot in final. Silver might be enought too, depending on how the remaing two events play out.

Custom Title
    Honestly, I am really not sure what will happen here. Adelina and Gracie has the highest difficulty levels in jumps and if they can perform well, they can take gold and silver. I can see Adelina slowly getting back to her old self, but I have only seen Gracie once in a major senior event this season (in Canada, which wasn't her best performance at all), so I cannot be sure. She might do well as in junior grand prix last season or she might not as in Skate Canada International. There are also Kiira Korpi, Kanako Murakami, and Alena Leonova who can be medal contenders. Also Valentina has consistently shown solid programs, so she might be a dark horse. The ladies field is not very deep here at the very top, but there are also many good skaters who are capable of doing very well but who might also show poor performances. So it is very difficult to guess... In any case, I wish all the skaters the best

Custom Title
    Looking at the list again all the ladies could medal realistically although Viktoria H would probably be the biggest surprise. And if the russian ladies don't skate well it is possible there will be no Russian lady in the GPF.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Looking at the list again all the ladies could medal realistically although Viktoria H would probably be the biggest surprise. And if the russian ladies don't skate well it is possible there will be no Russian lady in the GPF.
    Julia has silver already, she has 177 points, all she needs is just a bronze, Adelina is 50/50 but Julia not qualifying ? doubt it
    I dont see Zhang or Helgesson medaling despite there is no front runner in this field
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 11-05-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Custom Title
    It's hard to make predictions coz they are not consistent, all of them.

Kiira KORPI (FIN) can medal, doubt that she'll win, as a rule she can't cope with the LP
    Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) no way they'll let her win here, she can medal if the rest stumble
    Alena LEONOVA (RUS) she can medal if she's clean
    Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) can win if she has minor errors, the judged will give her more than she deserves
    Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) a dark horse
    Gracie GOLD (USA) can medal or win
    Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) can medal

My dream- to see Adelina skate clean.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia has silver already, she has 177 points, all she needs is just a bronze, Adelina is 50/50 but Julia not qualifying ? doubt it
    I dont see Zhang or Helgesson medaling despite there is no front runner in this field
    So far, the most likely to get into the GPF are:

Wagner (188.37)
    Asada (181.76)
    Lipnitskaia (177.92)

There are still 3 events left, but provided that these three skate clean at their next GP, they'll be locks for Sochi in December.

Custom Title
    Only Wagner is skating strong and consistent so far. Wagner and Asada are virtual locks. Without Kostner and Ando, the fields are not nearly as strong as originally announced. I would guess Adelina would be the favorite here. This is the only GP, other than Skate Am, with 3 US ladies. Gold and Zhang got 151 and 149 in their first GP, both can do better and will need to do better to medal. This will be Agnis's first GP this year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast