Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Entries - 2012 Rostelecom Cup

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish
    So far, the most likely to get into the GPF are:

Wagner (188.37)
    Asada (181.76)
    Lipnitskaia (177.92)
    I'd say Suzuki is rather certain to make it too - 2nd place with 175+ score, plus NHK doesn't have the strongest ladies field. Suzuki should rather easily manage to get at least a second silver.
    Lipnitskaya has really good chances too, that's true.

A silver might not be enough for Adelina, it depends on how the other ladies do... Christina G. might make the Final too, if she gets on the podium at TEB. And if Ashley meese up (what I don't think will happen, but you never know) and Christina and Julia are 1. + 2. Adelina is pretty much out. If it depends on the scores between Adelina and Christina/Julia, by now she'd lose. And she needs 174+ points to beat Christina at least. Silver for Adelina here would mean a pretty close call, I'd just prefer to have her win

I expect Adelina to do well here.
    She seems to hold her nerves better on home soil.

Custom Title
    From now, final looks like Wagner, Asada, Suzuki, Lipnitskaya, Gao and Sotnikova. Who else may have chance? Murakami of course and Korpi though her chance is lesser I think. TEB is the competition where it will be mostly determined (Wagner, Lipnitskaya, Gao and Tuk competing there.) I want to see more than 6 skaters at GPF... Then we could also have Elizaveta in the final maybe. She needs first place to have the chance to qualify right?

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Yes, Liza would need to be 1st. If she does, her chances would be pretty good, since 1st + 4th is better than 2nd + 3rd, and she might qualify over Christina then - except Christina manages to defeat Ashley and Julia for 2nd. I'd love to see Liza at the final, but her chances are pretty slim by now.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I agree with those who think that the final will be the following:

Wagner
    Asada
    Suzuki
    Sotnikova
    Lipinski
    Gao

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I agree with those who think that the final will be the following:

Wagner
    Asada
    Suzuki
    Sotnikova
    Lipinski
    Gao
    Lipinski? Did I miss something? :P

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Lipinski? Did I miss something? :P
    Tara Lipniski is making a comeback at CoR. Surprise!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    So far, the most likely to get into the GPF are:

Wagner (188.37)
    Asada (181.76)
    Lipnitskaia (177.92)

There are still 3 events left, but provided that these three skate clean at their next GP, they'll be locks for Sochi in December.
    "P. Shelepen (RUS) out of NHK Trophy I heard." Tatjana Flade https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/
    It means (most probably) second Event for Osmond, i.e. 1st and 3rd or higher (most probably) places for her. It means Final.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    "P. Shelepen (RUS) out of NHK Trophy I heard." Tatjana Flade https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/
    It means (most probably) second Event for Osmond, i.e. 1st and 3rd or higher (most probably) places for her. It means Final.
    Maybe NHK will do justice and bury her in the standing lol. NHK sent a message....... We can Chanflate our skaters too.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Tara Lipniski is making a comeback at CoR. Surprise!
    LoL I meant Lipnitskaya

Custom Title
    My prediction: Murakami & Sotnikova will medal.
    Zhang, Zawadzki & Helgesson almost no chance to medal.
    The rest: hard to say.

Custom Title

Ladies - who has chance to win

Gracie GOLD - yes, if as at Junior Worlds-2012.
    Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA - yes, if as at FS Euro-2012 and others not very good. Very low probability that it will be so, but possible.
    Adelina SOTNIKOVA - yes, if good jumps.
    Kanako MURAKAMI - yes, if no URs and others not so good.
    Kiira KORPI - yes, if others as at previous competitions this season.
    Alena LEONOVA - yes, she can. She was 2nd at Worlds-2012 after not good skating at Euro-2012.

Others - no.

Unpredictable Event, 6 Ladies may pretend on gold medal, most of them may be at second half (only for Sotnikova and Korpi it is not probable, but Korpi has some little chance to be in second half).

Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    My prediction: Murakami & Sotnikova will medal.
    Zhang, Zawadzki & Helgesson almost no chance to medal.
    The rest: hard to say.
    Also Valentina MARCHEI has almost no chance to medal.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-08-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Banned
    Start Orders are up now: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2012/SEG003.HTM

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2012/

Warm-Up Group 1
    1 Gracie GOLD USA
    2 Caroline ZHANG USA
    3 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA RUS
    4 Agnes ZAWADZKI USA
    5 Valentina MARCHEI ITA

Warm-Up Group 2
    6 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
    7 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
    8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
    9 Kiira KORPI FIN
    10 Alena LEONOVA RUS

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    My dream podium would be:

1. Adelina
    2. Kanako
    3. Agnes/Valentina

Adelina is by far my favorite of the Russian ladies; if she can get through the SP cleanly and nail the majority of her jumps in the LP, she'll win here. She hit both 3-3s last time so if she can replicate that and not make silly mistakes, that gold is hers.

Kanako suffers the same fate Akiko has suffered for so long...a lot of the good things she does are under-appreciated. If she skates like she did at her last event minus all of the URs, she has a great shot at the podium.

I'd like to see Agnes breakthrough here. She's the best jumper the US has and she's strong in other areas of her skating as well (spins, speed, performance, etc.). If she can get herself together she'd be very tough to beat.

I loved Valentina's SP and her LP is charming as well. I enjoy watching her and she appears to be getting stronger the closer we get to Sochi. I'd like to see her medal.

Everyone else...

Kiira has a great shot at the podium, especially if she lands her 3T-3T and others make mistakes. She's probably more likely to get 2nd or 3rd here depending on how she skates. The judges adore her...

Gracie desperately needs a good showing here. Her stock is way down after SC so a strong performance here might renew some of that (premature) confidence people had in her. Another showing like SC and there will be a problem...sucks for her she skates first.

Caroline needs to add that 3L-3L if she wants to get out of the bottom of the standings. With that 3-3 and a few mistakes from others she could sneak into 5th place...

Polina K. is a lovely skater. If she's upped her difficulty and can perform cleanly, she'll be a darkhorse here...

Alena skates with great energy but I hate her skating. It'd be nice to see her do better than she did at SA, but I really don't want to see her on the podium. She skates pretty well at home so she's got a great chance at medaling here if she has a solid skate. Alena's a late skater though (after nationals) so there's a chance she'll continue to struggle here.

Viktoria has a shot at top 5 if she can hit her jumps and others make mistakes...

This isn't a very strong field...I really hope Adelina pulls it together and wins here and if she skates well, there's no reason she won't.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Agnes Zawadzki ‏@agneszawadzki
    Christy and I at Red Square  #CupofRussia2012 http://instagr.am/p/RxU_ApA4pd/
    5:46 AM - 8 Nov 12

Great photo of them in front of St. Basil's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast