Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Different 3-3s

  1. #1
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,402

    0 Not allowed!

    Different 3-3s

    I was watching Shelepen's recent performances, and I found out that she attempted FOUR different 3-3s in the last competitions:
    3T+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_89D...feature=relmfu)
    3S+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
    3Lz+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
    3Lz+3Lo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBllbnRZC0 And, I don't remember where, but I saw her landing it earlier this season: she fell, but it looked fully rotated!)
    Could she be the lady who landed (even if not perfectly) the highest numer of different 3-3s? Adelina landed three of them (3T+3T, 3Lz+3T and 3Lz+3Lo), the same Liza (3T+3T, 3S+3T, 3Lz+3T), Kostner (3F+3T, 3Lz+3T, 3T+3T) and Yu-Na (the same as Carolina)... Do you remember any other lady who landed more than three different 3-3s?

  2. #2
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,050

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I was watching Shelepen's recent performances, and I found out that she attempted FOUR different 3-3s in the last competitions:
    3T+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_89D...feature=relmfu)
    3S+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
    3Lz+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
    3Lz+3Lo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBllbnRZC0 And, I don't remember where, but I saw her landing it earlier this season: she fell, but it looked fully rotated!)
    Could she be the lady who landed (even if not perfectly) the highest numer of different 3-3s? Adelina landed three of them (3T+3T, 3Lz+3T and 3Lz+3Lo), the same Liza (3T+3T, 3S+3T, 3Lz+3T), Kostner (3F+3T, 3Lz+3T, 3T+3T) and Yu-Na (the same as Carolina)... Do you remember any other lady who landed more than three different 3-3s?
    Shiz did 3Lz-3T 3T-3T 3Sal-3T and 3Sal-3Loop in competitions.
    She had the 3Lz-3Loop but never put them in.
    She also had the 3T3T3Loop or 3Sal3T3Loop in practice.

  3. #3
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056

    0 Not allowed!
    I know for sure that Midori Ito landed 3t-3t, 3lz-3t, and 3a-3t in competitions. I think she also landed 3loop-3loop in sp some times, but I don't remember exactly. She sure was a pioneer, and I've felt often sorry that figure skating back then wasn't really ready for her.

  4. #4
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    2,660

    0 Not allowed!
    Elena Radionova lands 3Lz+3 and 3Lo+1Lo+3S (at Cup of Russia III she landed both in FS).
    Past season she landed 3Lo+3T in SP (solo 3Lz was needed in Junior SP that season).

    She also lands 3S+3T at practice and warm-up, being younger she made it at competitions.

    I believe, earlier she landed also 3T+3T (simplest 3+3), but I can not find so early protocols.

  5. #5
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,402

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Shiz did 3Lz-3T 3T-3T 3Sal-3T and 3Sal-3Loop in competitions.
    She had the 3Lz-3Loop but never put them in.
    She also had the 3T3T3Loop or 3Sal3T3Loop in practice.
    I know about 3Lz+3T and 3S+3T, but 3S+3Lo... when?

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,763

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I know about 3Lz+3T and 3S+3T, but 3S+3Lo... when?
    2001 Skate America, but the loop would have been downgraded under IJS.

    As, indeed, would be true of many triple loop combinations before and since.

    Slutskaya did 3S+3Lo, 3T+3T, and 3Lz+3Lo in competition. I had seen her attempting 3Lo+3Lo in practice once, way back in 1995, but I don't think it was ready for competition yet and apparently never got there. She did do 3Lo+2Lo fairly often.
    Last edited by gkelly; 11-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.

  7. #7
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,079

    0 Not allowed!
    Bonaly did 3T combos with the 3T, 3S, 3F, and 3Z. And a BF-3S combo

  8. #8
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,402

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Bonaly did 3T combos with the 3T, 3S, 3F, and 3Z. And a BF-3S combo
    Really? Can you post the link to the video? (I'm learning a lot of things with this thread!!)

  9. #9
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    2,660

    0 Not allowed!
    Lipnitskaia at competitions jumps only 3T+3T and 3Lz+3T.
    At practice she jumps all combos with 3T and 3Lo as second jump.
    Once she skated FS at practice and landed 3F+3T instead of 3F+2T, i.e. third 3T.
    Eteri stopped her skating and not hearing Julia's "I only wanted to test can I do it" taught her "never, never, never!!! make invalid elements in program".

  10. #10
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    392

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Elena Radionova lands 3Lz+3 and 3Lo+1Lo+3S (at Cup of Russia III she landed both in FS).
    Past season she landed 3Lo+3T in SP (solo 3Lz was needed in Junior SP that season).

    She also lands 3S+3T at practice and warm-up, being younger she made it at competitions.

    I believe, earlier she landed also 3T+3T (simplest 3+3), but I can not find so early protocols.
    This is getting nit-picky, but that's 3Lo-1/2 Lo- 3S. It has to be a 1/2 Loop to land on the proper foot for the Salchow takeoff.

  11. #11
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,079

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Really? Can you post the link to the video? (I'm learning a lot of things with this thread!!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mVVy25e-vk

  12. #12
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,369

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    This is getting nit-picky, but that's 3Lo-1/2 Lo- 3S. It has to be a 1/2 Loop to land on the proper foot for the Salchow takeoff.
    Yep. But for some reason, they just count it as a 1Lo on the protocol sheets. Anyone know why?

  13. #13
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,369

    0 Not allowed!
    Gracie has landed the following this season:
    3F-3T (Skate Detroit SP)
    3Z-3T (Skate Detroit FS; Skate Detroit FS [final round]; SLC FS; Skate Canada FS)
    3F-1L(1/2L)-3S (Skate Detroit FS [Final round]; SLC FS)

    I hope she can land all three combos at the same competition.

  14. #14
    On the Ice Slowdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123

    0 Not allowed!
    I want to see a skater do a 3T or 3Z-2A combo (or is that humanly possible)?
    Actually I was thinking about this the other day (combos in general).
    I didn't know how frequently a skater performed either a loop, toe-loop or salchow as the second part of a combo (ie. which is the preferred attached jump on a combo).

  15. #15
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    2,660

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    This is getting nit-picky, but that's 3Lo-1/2 Lo- 3S. It has to be a 1/2 Loop to land on the proper foot for the Salchow takeoff.
    Yes, it is Half loop, or Euler jump. In protocols (only if it is middle jump of 3-jumps combo) it is written and scored as 1Lo. In other cases it is unlisted jump.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •