Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Results 211 to 220 of 220

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

  1. #211
    Custom Title Victura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    123
    I liked Mao's program and definitely enjoyed the joyful and youthful quality she brought to it. I do think that she could get a better costume though...Gershwin is not juniorish or childish, but this dress makes it seem that way.

  2. #212
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I agree. Everyone else looked juniorish compared with Kiira. Her SP is just beautiful. I wish she could give us a clean skate out of it rest of the season.
    Agree with you two, not necesseraly that she was robbed, I try to stay out of the conspiracy theories, but she clearly is a lady between girls. I have nothing against the others but her program was the only one that really caught my attention. In a half an hour we will see the long. I wish them all the best, I want to see good programs from all the ladies and may Kiira hit the 3-3 combo because she really can do it and she does it really nice. And I really really hope she will make the podium.

  3. #213
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    759
    I thought Mao's costume looked familiar

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFDratp4_Q

  4. #214
    lowtherlore
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Looks are not a PCS mark. Mao and Mirai are quite terrific skaters, and they intended to convey a youthful energy in their programs. Their edges, stroking, and spins are not remotely juniorish.
    Whatever skills they have as seasoned veterans, they failed to utilize them. Their programs looked lame and juniorish to me. Totally forgettable. JMO, of course.

  5. #215
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
    I liked Mao's program and definitely enjoyed the joyful and youthful quality she brought to it. I do think that she could get a better costume though...Gershwin is not juniorish or childish, but this dress makes it seem that way.
    I agree. It looks like she had a dress for SP but she changed to the orange/silver one which she used for a show two years ago. There may be some reasons she couldn't use her original dress. I hope she will wear it at NHK.

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminum View Post
    I agree. It looks like she had a dress for SP but she changed to the orange/silver one which she used for a show two years ago. There may be some reasons she couldn't use her original dress. I hope she will wear it at NHK.
    I think I read somewhere that her new sp dress was not ready yet.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    It is not a mistranslation, it is Vaycehovskaya's (journalist) mistake. She badly retold Julia's words.
    Finally. Someone else spoke wisdom. Perhaps when she writes that Ashley or Scott or Jeremy or Charlie or whoever was dumped by his/her poor parents and adopted by a rich couple, like she wrote about Dai two days ago, maybe then some people will finally understand how much trust her writing is "worthy".

  8. #218
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    I thought Mao's costume looked familiar

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFDratp4_Q
    The ubiquitous Carmen, no less.

    Thanks for the memories of Mao!

  9. #219
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Looks are not a PCS mark. Mao and Mirai are quite terrific skaters, and they intended to convey a youthful energy in their programs. Their edges, stroking, and spins are not remotely juniorish.
    Looks are not a PCS mark. SS is.
    You think for what they did, Kiira's SS is less than Mao's or Mirai's?
    As for choreography, interpretation, performance, not even close.

    You can't skate like a junior and get better CH, IN, and PE.

    The Russian girls all want to be sexy grown-ups. Mao wants to be 12. It's ridiculous.

  10. #220
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This. And I'd add it's not just that you have nothing nice to say, it is how you say it. Like kwanatic says, the girl is 14. To compare her to a leopard print thong is, in my opinion, very inappropriate. I respect your views on the skaters, flattfan, and thing that, as opinions, they are as valid as mine. However, I try hard to think about how I say what I say. I feel sometimes like you go for shock value in your posts. Everything you say as a sentiment is acceptable but how you say it I think rubs many people, me included, the wrong way.
    Normally I would try to avoid sounding like a prude, but FlattFan's comment was very, very inappropriate. Julia is fourteen...fourteen...and she still looks like a little girl. I hope you never make that comparison in public for fear of it being seriously, seriously misconstrued.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •