2012 Cup of China Ladies Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Julia she was just delightful, loved her SP! Congrats to Mao and Mirai! Very nice skating from the top three!

Thanks for providing the video links, much appreciated.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Rachael is slow and boring, and can't jump anymore. Her exciting days are in the past. She's done. I'm also done with her. As for these wannabes, even when Rachael was competing, I never had different opinions about them (except Mao). ;) So, thanks for the diagnosis, Freude.

Poor Rachael...even FlattFan has dropped her. SMH.

It's Freud, not Freude, and you're welcome. Your bill is in the mail...

loren

Rinkside
Overall great judging from the Coc judges! Li's PCS could be a bit higher, and Kiira's score lower, but other than that, fair judging!

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 63.06 Short Program,
2. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 62.89 Short Program
3. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 59.76 Short Program
4. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 59.69 Short Program
5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 59.21 Short Program
6. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 57.43 Short Program
7. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 49.67 Short Program
8. Sofia BIRYUKOVA (RUS) - 44.39 Short Program
9. Ying ZHANG (CHN) - 43.38 Short Program
10. Bingwa GENG (CHN) - 36.53 Short Program

Thanks to Jackie Wong for providing the links to the videos provided by the YouTube user known as "Danny Loo"

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Poor Rachael...even FlattFan has dropped her. SMH.

It's Freud, not Freude, and you're welcome. Your bill is in the mail...

Nah, I'm still a Rachael fan -- as many others (just not on this board. ;) )

emma

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 63.06 Short Program,
2. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 62.89 Short Program
3. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 59.76 Short Program
4. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 59.69 Short Program
5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 59.21 Short Program
6. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 57.43 Short Program
7. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 49.67 Short Program
8. Sofia BIRYUKOVA (RUS) - 44.39 Short Program
9. Ying ZHANG (CHN) - 43.38 Short Program
10. Bingwa GENG (CHN) - 36.53 Short Program

Thanks to Jackie Wong for providing the links to the videos provided by the YouTube user known as "Danny Loo"

All the time and effort you put into collecting and posting these for everyone else is so very appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I actually thought Mirai was wonderful as was Lacoste from Canada. Lacoste attacked her program and has a maturity which Osmond lacks. But she still doesn't seem to have that "look at me" quality nevertheless I could see her have the skate of her life at Nationals and winning the title over Osmond though I think Canada is hoping Osmond pulls through.

rvi5

On the Ice
Ladies Short Program

It was a new SP personal best for Amelie. Does anyone know how much it increased? I tried looking it up on her Wiki page, but the score was already changed to the CoC value (Wiki is fast).

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
It was a new SP personal best for Amelie. Does anyone know how much it increased? I tried looking it up on her Wiki page, but the score was already changed to the CoC value (Wiki is fast).

Her ISU bio says her previous SP PB was 55.30 from Skate Canada 2010. Back then she landed 2A, 3Lo+3Lo< and 3Lz - both the combo and lutz had -GOE.

So the increase is 2.13 point.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Just watched the SPs- Zijun is a delight indeed! I'm so excited to see the Chinese ladies producing some brilliant skates :) Fingers crossed for the FS!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Overall great judging from the Coc judges! Li's PCS could be a bit higher, and Kiira's score lower, but other than that, fair judging!

Zijun is a talent for sure but I sort of understand her PCS, she's still very coltish and noodly on the ice and I think that lessens the total impact of her skating. That being said, this issue is likely temporary and will resolve itself as she grows older and matures physically, great jumps and spins for sure though! She is a cutie. I really love Kiira's SP this season and actually thought the score was pretty reasonable, for Kiira, because she did do a good job presenting and stayed very in-tune with her music all the way through despite the mistake on the combo. The other jumps were pretty nice, too.

katymay

Medalist
As a side note....does anyone know who designed Mirai's beautiful dress? Holy cow I love that dress....

katymay

Medalist
Rachael is slow and boring, and can't jump anymore. Her exciting days are in the past. She's done. I'm also done with her. As for these wannabes, even when Rachael was competing, I never had different opinions about them (except Mao). ;) So, thanks for the diagnosis, Freude.

Rachel's skating days are behind her, however, she attends Stanford. Most people who attend Stanford feel themselves to be highly successful, as well they should. I, for one, am thrilled to see more skaters for whom getting an education is a priority. (and i don't mean an 'online' education so that they might skate all day). As far as skating, she had her time at top of the heap, and that is more than most skaters can lay claim to.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually thought Mirai was wonderful as was Lacoste from Canada.

I also liked Mirai's program a lot. And Mao's, too, though it's a different type of program for her. Julia, not so much. I am not interested in a pre-pubescent, junior skater, no matter how bendy she is or whether she can do a triple-triple. Her double axel, by the way, is the tiniest since Tara Lipinski's.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Rachel's skating days are behind her, however, she attends Stanford. Most people who attend Stanford feel themselves to be highly successful, as well they should. I, for one, am thrilled to see more skaters for whom getting an education is a priority. (and i don't mean an 'online' education so that they might skate all day). As far as skating, she had her time at top of the heap, and that is more than most skaters can lay claim to.

I'm speaking of her competitive career. She's fine, fans or no fans.
The other girls, OTOH, are kinda sad (but not Kiira, girl that pretty isn't allowed to be sad). So I don't get why people would think anyone who ever speak ill of them are jealous. :laugh:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Kiira's robbed. Her PCS should have been first. I don't think Mao should beat her in any of the component score. She's like a lady skating with a bunch of girls.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I thought that Mirai looked gorgeous. The costume and makeup were first rate.
It was nice to see her skate with spunk and confidence again.