Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

^I like that comment about Mao

Can someone explain the technique of Julia on 2axel? I know the jump doesnt look good from a viewer 's point (me) but I m not such expert to know why it looks this way..she does it like Salcow somehow
    The axel is supposed to have a lot more lift when you take off that forward edge. Good 2As get good air and cover a good amount of distance. Julia's 2A is similar to Tara Lipinski's in that she doesn't step up into the jump, but rather kicks into and rotates it quickly with very little elevation. Her speed is good but it's bad technique b/c when she gets bigger there's a good possibility she won't be able to rotate that fast in the air. Her lack of height is compensated by her fast rotation; it works for now but it could be a problem in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    The axel is supposed to have a lot more lift when you take off that forward edge. Good 2As get good air and cover a good amount of distance. Julia's 2A is similar to Tara Lipinski's in that she doesn't step up into the jump, but rather kicks into and rotates it quickly with very little elevation. Her speed is good but it's bad technique b/c when she gets bigger there's a good possibility she won't be able to rotate that fast in the air. Her lack of height is compensated by her fast rotation; it works for now but it could be a problem in the future.
    Exactly!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    When you criticize anything, you're accused of being bitter. Bitter about what?
    I tell you, most of these girls are sad. I don't envy them, don't feel bitter about any of them. I wouldn't trade place with any of them. If you think someone is bitter about some 14yo, you're really projecting.
    You didn't criticize; you attacked. You called 14 year old Julia gross and compared her to a leopard print thong...funny yes, but a bit harsh, don't you think?

It's just that you had nothing nice to say. You thought everyone was gross, slow, boring, a wannabe or lost cause. I mean, you're fully entitled to your opinion so if you think Julia is gross/classless and Mirai is boring etc., those are your personal feelings and far be it from me to tell you you're wrong. But your comments had a bit of sting to them so I wondered if Rachael's exit from the sport made you a bit upset b/c she won't be competing anymore and yet these gross, classless, boring, lost cause wannabes continue to skate...

You didn't criticize; you attacked. You called 14 year old Julia gross and compared her to a leopard print thong...funny yes, but a bit harsh, don't you think?

It's just that you had nothing nice to say. You thought everyone was gross, slow, boring, a wannabe or lost cause. I mean, you're fully entitled to your opinion so if you think Julia is gross/classless and Mirai is boring etc., those are your personal feelings and far be it from me to tell you you're wrong. But your comments had a bit of sting to them so I wondered if Rachael's exit from the sport made you a bit upset b/c she won't be competing anymore and yet these gross, classless, boring, lost cause wannabes continue to skate...
    This. And I'd add it's not just that you have nothing nice to say, it is how you say it. Like kwanatic says, the girl is 14. To compare her to a leopard print thong is, in my opinion, very inappropriate. I respect your views on the skaters, flattfan, and thing that, as opinions, they are as valid as mine. However, I try hard to think about how I say what I say. I feel sometimes like you go for shock value in your posts. Everything you say as a sentiment is acceptable but how you say it I think rubs many people, me included, the wrong way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    NO way in hell, there is nothing about yulia that's better then Mao, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and her crazy flexibility doesn't make her performance much better either. Yulia can count herself lucky to even be able to rotate her jumps at all with her height!
    jealous much,huh?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    NO way in hell, there is nothing about yulia that's better then Mao, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
    Three triples are not better than one triple, one URed triple and one double?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Three triples are not better than one triple, one URed triple and one double?
    how about not taking my words out of content, i would really appreciate if you did that in the future! and yes i think Mao's performance was a MILE better then what yulia put out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 63.06 Short Program
    2. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 62.89 Short Program
    3. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 59.76 Short Program
    4. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 59.69 Short Program
    5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 59.21
    6. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 57.43 Short Program
    7. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 49.67 Short Program
    8. Sofia BIRYUKOVA (RUS) - 44.39 Short Program
    9. Ying ZHANG (CHN) - 43.38
    10. Bingwa GENG (CHN) - 36.53
    Thank you Mao88 for video links!

I love that Mirai at least went for a 3/3 but too bad she two-footed (I think) the second jump. might've broken 60 otherwise. It's great to see Mao again, it's early yet in the season and what a debut for young Julia!

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    jealous much,huh?
    does the truth hurt? is that it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This. And I'd add it's not just that you have nothing nice to say, it is how you say it. Like kwanatic says, the girl is 14. To compare her to a leopard print thong is, in my opinion, very inappropriate. I respect your views on the skaters, flattfan, and thing that, as opinions, they are as valid as mine. However, I try hard to think about how I say what I say. I feel sometimes like you go for shock value in your posts. Everything you say as a sentiment is acceptable but how you say it I think rubs many people, me included, the wrong way.
    Hehe, the comparison was supposed to be funny. I think it's funny.
    And have you seen the other 14yo, Liza, dressed at Skate Canada last year. Inappropriate didn't even do her outfit justice. They are used to it. Give me a break.

Custom Title
    I wondered if Rachael's exit from the sport made you a bit upset b/c she won't be competing anymore and yet these gross, classless, boring, lost cause wannabes continue to skate...
    Rachael is slow and boring, and can't jump anymore. Her exciting days are in the past. She's done. I'm also done with her. As for these wannabes, even when Rachael was competing, I never had different opinions about them (except Mao). So, thanks for the diagnosis, Freude.

^^^
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    ^^^^^^
    And THIS! It is VERY inappropriate to compare a 14 year old child to a thong. How low can one go? Too bad I can see still see such comments in quotes.

I want to thank everyone for PBP's, videos and links to articles as well as translations (thanks to our Russian or Russian speaking friends!) much appreciated!

Custom Title
    I don't think Julia will loose her jumps, she has decent height (her jumps are not huge like Sotnikova or Gold, but not small either) and good technique on all of her jumps except maybe axel (but still, it's not Zhang-like scary axel, she even does have enough of speed and flow for 2A-3T). And her spins are just unique. That was a great debut and I hope she will skate a clean FS as well.
    I didn't like Mao at all, she seemed slow and her program is rather empty. BTW, I remember Nagasu skated to the same music (and even some choreography pieces are similar, Nichol doesn't have new ideas at all or what?) and interpreted it much better, IMO, this program is good for a young 14-15 y.o. skater, but Mao outgrew it long ago.
    I also liked Mirai, she lost some weight since the last season it seems and lookes lighter on ice. And it's great to see her enjoying skating again.
    Zijun Li is a loooovely young skater! Fingers crossed for her!

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Hehe, the comparison was supposed to be funny. I think it's funny.
    And have you seen the other 14yo, Liza, dressed at Skate Canada last year. Inappropriate didn't even do her outfit justice. They are used to it. Give me a break.
    Who are THEY?

Custom Title
    The best idea of the program is Zidjun(?) Li's and Kiira's. Julia looked a little tense to me...She really seemed robotic. I didn't like Mao's music at all >< She is better than this piece of "music",imo, of course..Looking forward to seeing fp!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast