Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I thought the same thing. This "What should I be nervous for?" or "Asada by the way - nothing special"
    its a mistranslation, Julia never said Asada as nothing special

Custom Title
    Not sure which one is dumber, google translate or the one who reads it as it is. I have to agree julia has to improve showmanship. Every skaters should take some acting leasons. Fake it till you make it, act like youre the best and doesnt give a fck when you fall to your butt in your jumps. After all this sports is a subjective sport. If you act anmd feel like a champion, judges and even fans would atleast think that you are a capable to win. Example, elizaveta, not so good basics, so-so coreo, tacky costume and good jumps, but oozing confidence and belief in self = contender/ possible champ. But then i might be wrong lol

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    I know Julia didn't mean that Mao was nothing special, it just sounded a little irritating to me - like she was pretty indifferent there. But I don't mean to over-interpret those sentences and think ill of Julia or anything. She's a sweet girl, I know she didn't mean to speak bad about anyone else.

well the only thing i remember about Julia's program is her robotic way of skating and freakish flexibility, and for me what makes a great program great, is when it's memorable! and hers definitely wasn't.

I loved Mao's new sp, once again it's something different, the steps were exquisite, loved the flow and speed. I also think that her interpretation of the music was spot on. she also really looked like she was having fun out there!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    Not sure which one is dumber, google translate or the one who reads it as it is.
    I don't even know why anyone would take a google translate seriously

I know Julia didn't mean that Mao was nothing special, it just sounded a little irritating to me - like she was pretty indifferent there. But I don't mean to over-interpret those sentences and think ill of Julia or anything. She's a sweet girl, I know she didn't mean to speak bad about anyone else.
    you realize that was translated from translate.google right ?
    even I when translating from google had to manually erase and change many things from the words used by google

though I agree that her coach should have told her that Finlandia was inflated scoring
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 11-02-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry AlexRus if our comments made it sound like we aren't appreciating your effort
    No, I do not think so.

I mean that I will be really happy if somebody else will translate better than I can.
    But unfortunately nobody does, so better are my not so good translations than nothing.

Custom Title
    So if Mao would have added a 3/3 in her short she would be far out ahead.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    its a mistranslation, Julia never said Asada as nothing special
    It is not a mistranslation, it is Vaycehovskaya's (journalist) mistake. She badly retold Julia's words.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20
    I don't even know why anyone would take a google translate seriously.
    you realize that was translated from translate.google right ?
    Yepp, I do. Still even google translate is capable of translating a "No, why?" two words sentence - if you think the translation is THAT bad, the only actually clever thing to do would be to just not use it from the beginning.
    Anyway, I don't want to continue spaming this thread about stuff like that...

Quote Originally Posted by lavender
    So if Mao would have added a 3/3 in her short she would be far out ahead.
    It's more likely she'll be going for the 3A, since the 2A is her first element. So probably a 3-3 isn't planned at all (I'm not sure if I like it that way though).

Custom Title
    Just watched the top 3 ladies... want to see how Li Zijun did. Sad to see she got no home bonus even in Cup of China , especially compare with Kaetlyn at Skate Canada (Maybe the judges were careful to avoid another mass complaints like SC, but poor ZiJun paid the price). She only received 25.42 for her PCS - 5th in the rankings... ouch! When her TES was 33.79, 2nd overall, and above Mao (31.83) and Mirai (31.04). I think it is suffice to say China rank among the no power federation.

Watching the top ladies 3 videos in sequence leaves me with funny and weird feeling.

It appears the senior ladies Mao and Mirai are competing back in a junior competition with their Juniorish programs, and Julia is cramming 2 programs into the same space of time (just because she can) and it became a bit absurd half way through with the amount she is doing, she made the other 2 senior ladies look ridiculous like they are taking lazy strolls in comparison.

Mao: First half I was waiting patiently thinking, 'So.... where's the rhythm, where's the music??' Then all suddenly step sequence comes on, Bammm...there it is? Is that all? It was Bucks Fizz (Complete with artificial colours and flavourings, oh the florescent costume and pony tail. It is the disco 80s baby!) without gas on the first half, then suddenly all the air gurgled out intermittently at last minute, and it was good while it flows. I am not sure if it works as a whole, but I guess Mao fans will probably love the more cute and lighter Mao that seems to be her public persona, and matches the one back her junior days. Even with the Juniorish technical content. No 3A, No 3/3s, is this really worthy of a 2 times world champion program? This is not an exhibition. I wonder if she is taking the Carolina Kostner approach to the worlds.

Mirai: I thought she looks great and more comfortable on ice than she have been in ages!!! Love the dark eyes make up, costume. I miss this Mirai, who attacked her program, who loves to perform, who cares about projection to the audience and embraced her program. Mirai looks to be in great shape, and hopefully will deliver tomorrow. I really want to see her on the podium badly!!! Go Mirai!!!!

Julia: Deserved winner. She did so much and dressed up like a Ninja Assassin. I can easily see her as the ladies Terminator, no emotions, just alot of kick ###### movements that made you go 'uh-oh'!

I hate the choreography, and have said her style and flexibility seems to have been widely abused by her choreographer who want to give her so much to do without thought or tact - just because she can do it. The thing is I do think Julia has musicality but weren't allowed any space to display them, which is bit of a shame, because these key basics need to be harnessed, developed and polished at a young age before the style is set. The team need to realise 'more is NOT more', and sometimes 'less is more'. The way they continue like this, will she last beyond age 18? She definitely need to calm down and be more introspective about her programs to refine these movements with purpose and meaning. For the moment she is a killer machine without much emotion or personality on ice.

For the moment, she is like the all you can eat buffet: extra salty, extra fatty, extra meaty, garlicky, complete with ketchup and processed cheese on top. You can't taste any of the organic vegetables because everything is all mingled up, unrefined and over powered. I swear there's a Filet Mignon there somewhere, just need to be cooked with care with less seasoning, otherwise everything is ruined. (OK it is lunch time in the UK... hence all the food comparisons heh! )
    Last edited by os168; 11-02-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Banned
    Ladies Press Conference Photos after SP:
    http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kkfksenia/album/191583/

Custom Title
    It's more likely she'll be going for the 3A, since the 2A is her first element. So probably a 3-3 isn't planned at all (I'm not sure if I like it that way though).
    That's true. I wish that she would just work on a triple/triple. I wish she would just go the Yuna route and put a 3/3 in both her short and long.

Custom Title
    Yepp, I do. Still even google translate is capable of translating a "No, why?" two words sentence
    She told in Russian "А зачем?". "And what for?" - does not give exact sense, but I don't know how to translate better.

In fact, the shortest sententces are most hard to translate.

Custom Title
    Mao got < on the 3F. Had she rotated fully, she will be in the lead. I would have put Li in the 3rd. She was underscored, still a solid score for fresh senior out of junior rank. Sad to see Korppi continue to get pretty point. =(

Overall not a bad SP. Good to see only 3 points between 1st to 5th. Anything could happend. Gold will be a fight between Mao and Julia and the remaining three fighting for bronze. I just hope Korppi didn't get on podium with her usual 3 triples program over skater like Marai and Li who has more content.

Custom Title
    Yeah. If she just focus on 3F+3T, which is well within her reach and better chances of landing and rotating than 3F+3Lo or 3A.
    3F+3T, 3Lo, 2A is pretty competitive jumps content.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast