2012 Cup of China Mens Short Program | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Mens Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Nan Song has worked on the transitions this season. He's got the jumping ability, so it's good he's working on the other sides of his skating. Even with the fall on the quad, he should get somewhere in the low to mid 70s.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds has kept last year's SP and it doesn't look like his quad has improved by much. Didn't get enough height on it, so I won't be surprised if he gets a downgrade. A step-out on the 3A and I think he's going to get an edge call on the lutz.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wow, didn't expect those mistakes from Joubert. Every jump had a mistake or downgrade. He's not going to be happy with his 60~ mark...

auser

Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds has kept last year's SP and it doesn't look like his quad has improved by much. Didn't get enough height on it, so I won't be surprised if he gets a downgrade. A step-out on the 3A and I think he's going to get an edge call on the lutz.
Thank you draqq, I was wondering if I had seen this program before.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Oh my, I'm by far not a fan of Brian, but that's horrible to see... I'd have expected him to do much better after worlds. Maybe he can come roaring back in the FS?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Just tuning in to Adam Rippon. I was a fan a few years ago, but there's just something missing from his skating now....and I don't just mean the 3A and quad. He's stagnated and I'm not sure a coaching change (yet again) is going to fix things. He may have hit his limits already.

ETA: And synthesized Nessun Dorma just doesn't do it for me. Awful choice of music.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Did Adam Rippon borrow Denney/Coughlin's Annoying Electric Guitar Versions of Classical Music CD?

Terrible music. Jumps weren't much better.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I like Rippon's, um, new haircut? I'm dubious on the music choice. Why not just pick Nessun Dorma instead of an electric guitar version that doesn't suit his lines at all? I just found the entire thing conceptually jarring, as if he was skating to a different song the entire time.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yay for Machida! I didn't know C2C before his SP, so hats off to him for introducing me to new awesome music. I find his interpretation original and a breath of fresh air. All of his jumps were performed competently. I expect a high 70, low 80 score.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Tatsuki!!!!!:rock:

I demand more world spots for the japanese men!

And now... GO DAI!!! GOOOOOOO!!! :party: