Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Mens Short Program

Custom Title
    Scores seem fair. Dai two-footed his quad but otherwise not a bad program, although I'm just not that impressed with his sp this season. He's had much better in previous seasons.

My favorite men's short programs so far this season:

Jeremy Abbott
    Richard Dornbush
    Javier Fernandez
    Patrick Chan
    Ross Miner
    Denis Ten
    Yuzuru Hanyu

To be fair, Tatsuki's and Oda's sps are well-choreographed and Dai skates as well as ever, I'm just not enamored this season with his sp music and choreo, especially after last season's masterpieces.

Custom Title
    Protocols are out!

Daisuke's 4T was given a < and negative GOE, which makes sense. 3Lz-3T given full credit, though I'm surprised he's not including that jumping pass in the second half of the SP for the bonus points.

MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 84.79 Short Program
    2. Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) - 83.48 Short Program
    3. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 73.58 Short Program
    4. Adam RIPPON (USA) - 71.81 Short Program
    5. Nan SONG (CHN) - 70.86 Short Program
    6. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 69.87 Short Program
    7. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 63.27 Short Program
    8. Yi WANG (CHN) - 57.25
    9. Jinlin GUAN (CHN) - 55.97
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-02-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline
    What's also sad is knowing that the Japanese world team (barring injury/severe catastrophic meltdowns) will almost certainly have Takahashi and Hanyu....leaving only one realistic spot for at least three talented men (Machida, Kozuka, Oda) to fight it out.
    Looking at SA, I actually think Machida and Oda don't even have much of a fight to succed at... especailly Oda is without any chances as it looks now. A 3. place at SC, and in Russia he's up against Kozuka and Chan - and JSF likes to take the GP into account when deciding the results fo the japanese nationals - *cough*, the world team.
    And he isn't the youngest anymore...

Anyway, Dai's 4T wasn't there, but okay, so what. The rest looked good, he's a late season skater and nevetheless did great here.
    It's so awesome being a Daisuke-Fan

Custom Title
    ^^ Re evangeline's comment, quite true. Somewhat similar for U.S. men, as both Japan and the U.S. are the most talent laden countries in the men's field. At U.S. Nats (with Evan and Johnny coming back), there will be six experienced senior international men vying for 2 spots (Evan, Johnny, Jeremy, Richard, Adam, Ross), and that's not even including the very talented Carriere, Messing, Armin, Aaron, as well as the very young guns, Joshua and Jason. And not to forget Mroz (if he gets his jumps and confidence back), as well as Grant Hochstein and Jonathan Cassar (who although he doesn't have a 3-axel, is a very expressive skater with an amazing spread eagle). Even Sean Rabbit has some good programs this season and would be competitive with some of the lower-ranked senior international skaters from some countries.

Custom Title
    Dai will be fine; he progresses though usually not as much as Chan or Joubert. A quick comment; i am sure Kevin Reynolds is doing his best but her really is stagnant. Forget the jumps - no progress and he is missing them often which is a huge problem when you are very weak pc wise. He has not done a lot to improve his pcs, spins or even the superficial - his hair which is often mocked on various sites. Great he doesn't fall to pressure but some of the tips are helpful. Forget our issues with Joanne MacLeod and that might be part of the problem but after this many years I kind of feel like saying Kevin make some drastic changes ie music, coaches or give it up - yeah mean. But he doesn't seem tomake wise choices and his scores are really consistenta and he is really vulnerable as Canada's no. 2 guy who really leaves it up to poor Patrick to earn the third spot. Reynolds is lucky to be in thet top 12 on a good day but he could also implode and not even qualify for the free skate. Listen out there Jeremy Ten wake up and better yet Jeffrey Buttle come back to competitive skating there's room for you on the Canadian team!

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport
    ^^ Re evangeline's comment, quite true. Somewhat similar for U.S. men, as both Japan and the U.S. are the most talent laden countries in the men's field. At U.S. Nats (with Evan and Johnny coming back), there will be six experienced senior international men vying for 2 spots (Evan, Johnny, Jeremy, Richard, Adam, Ross), and that's not even including the very talented Carriere, Messing, Armin, Aaron, as well as the very young guns, Joshua and Jason. And not to forget Mroz (if he gets his jumps and confidence back), as well as Grant Hochstein and Jonathan Cassar (who although he doesn't have a 3-axel, is a very expressive skater with an amazing spread eagle). Even Sean Rabbit has some good programs this season and would be competitive with some of the lower-ranked senior international skaters from some countries.
    It always sounds a little ridiculous if the US men field is compared to the japanes one. Japan has more than 3 medal contenders, america has hardly one... I doubt any american man can challenge the japanese top 3 with at least solid skates - and it's debateable for Oda and by now even Machida too. The only real exception would be a clean Jeremy, but I still don't really see him beating Dai, Yuzuru or Kozuka. And even moreso, it sadly nearly never happens.

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow, Japan has so many talented guys!

Dai - Love Dai, but not his new SP, it doesn't look polished yet. Despite some mistakes on jumps, he was the best.

Machida - Love his program. It was unique. Good job, Stephane!

Adam - I miss his curly hair :(

Brian - I'm so sad to say this, but I think his time has gone :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    Wow, Japan has so many talented guys!

Dai - Love Dai, but not his new SP, it doesn't look polished yet. Despite some mistakes on jumps, he was the best.

Machida - Love his program. It was unique. Good job, Stephane!

Adam - I miss his curly hair :(

Brian - I'm so sad to say this, but I think his time has gone :(
    I think Adam looks better with short hair. =)

Custom Title
    Glad to see Michida is making a case for himself. almost mid 80s score is very solid and he can imporve it alot. He has a good chance to get into final now, if he can keep his standing.

Dai short program, i don't like it. After his masterpieces from previous seasons. Maybe it will be polish by end of season.

Brain should have retired after last year. He can still be a french model. =)

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Listen out there Jeremy Ten wake up and better yet Jeffrey Buttle come back to competitive skating there's room for you on the Canadian team!
    I don't think Jeremy has the technical minimum and Balde doesn't have it in the free skate so Reynolds is still safe for the world team.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    It always sounds a little ridiculous if the US men field is compared to the japanes one. Japan has more than 3 medal contenders, america has hardly one... I doubt any american man can challenge the japanese top 3 with at least solid skates - and it's debateable for Oda and by now even Machida too. The only real exception would be a clean Jeremy, but I still don't really see him beating Dai, Yuzuru or Kozuka. And even moreso, it sadly nearly never happens.
    Totally agree.

So happy Machida did well! He was my new favorite after seeing him at SA. I could watch that SP all day long. Hoping he does well in the long.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-02-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I think Mura will be in the mix as well. I know he didn't skate well at Skate Canada but I really like him more than Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777
    I think Mura will be in the mix as well. I know he didn't skate well at Skate Canada but I really like him more than Machida.
    You are right! I like Mura a lot too, he's great (though I can't say I like him more than Machida, I love them both )

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast