2012 Cup of China Pairs Short Program | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Pairs Short Program

Macassar88

Medalist
I was disappointed in Kavaguti and Smirnov - I wish that they had skated an original program - I know that they changed to this really recently, but it's a cut down version of their 2009-2010 LP which I didn't care for much anyway.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 68.57 Short Program
2. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 63.70 Short Program
3. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 59.12
4. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 57.89
5. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 56.66 Short Program
6. Wenting WANG & Yan ZHANG (CHN) - 49.79 Short Program

mousepotato

On the Ice
I was disappointed in Kavaguti and Smirnov - I wish that they had skated an original program - I know that they changed to this really recently, but it's a cut down version of their 2009-2010 LP which I didn't care for much anyway.

It's a new program; it's not the same one they did in 09-10, they just used the same music. I think (levels aside) K/S GOE were low and P/T were too high.

FlattFan

Match Penalty

It is an original program. Did you see them repeating any of their moves in the 2009-2010 LP?
K/S skated well, but they really need to fix that twist. It's just so crashy all the time.
They don't have the PCS for a world medal anymore. And they aren't improving their TES. Don't see them on the big podium moving forward. They had their moments in 2009 and 2010 where they could win World. Now, I can't even see them winning the bronze.

Macassar88

Medalist
It is an original program. Did you see them repeating any of their moves in the 2009-2010 LP?
K/S skated well, but they really need to fix that twist. It's just so crashy all the time.
They don't have the PCS for a world medal anymore. And they aren't improving their TES. Don't see them on the big podium moving forward. They had their moments in 2009 and 2010 where they could win World. Now, I can't even see them winning the bronze.

Yes but it's the same music - it's disappointing because I feel like they should be able to do more.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Surprised that P/T are so far ahead. Thought they were marked kindly on both TES and PCS, the throw was two footed and they seemed to lose speed as it progressed. Not my favourite K/S short but I do like it, they had some issues with the twist (as usual) and her 3T was a bit iffy but no way was it behind the Chinese on PCS. It would have been nice if they kept last years blues style. I do think they can still get on a worlds podium.

Wasn't blown away by MT/M, thought they were overmarked. Not sure I like the new Zhang partnership, he is nearly twice her age. I hope S/K can pull up in the long, I like there style would have them ahead of the Chinese, maybe in 3rd.