Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Free Dance

Custom Title
    Also interesting to note, Chock and Bates had the second highest TES of the night. Too bad they don't have a second grand prix assignment.

Custom Title
    FREE DANCE - VIDEOS

1. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 169.73
    2. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 159.46 Free Dance
    3. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 158.97 Free Dance
    4. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 149.54
    5. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 137.58 Free Dance
    6. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 137.46 Free Dance
    7. Xintong HUANG & Xun ZHENG (CHN) - 121.01 Free Dance
    8. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 106.42 Free Dance
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-03-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin the twizzles look all off and iffy , beaten by an obscure Italian dance team
    Kustarova/Aleeva should be fired or banned from ever coaching ice dancing, horrible outfits and boring generic tango program for S/Z

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Sinitsina/Zhiganshin the twizzles look all off and iffy , beaten by an obscure Italian dance team
    Kustarova/Aleeva should be fired or banned from ever coaching ice dancing, horrible outfits and boring generic tango program for S/Z
    Better now than later. They can find new coaches ASAP. Those disastrous results might be a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Better now than later. They can find new coaches ASAP. Those disastrous results might be a blessing in disguise.
    I can't believe they didnt follow the exodus last season when M/K and B/S left her, even her junior teams are a disaster nowadays
    Going to Igor or Krylova will do wonders for them their basics are very good already even better than B/S at their age

S/Z has now lost to an Italian Team and Pushkash/Guerrero, lol.

If they stick with Kustarova/Aleeva they will be beaten nationally by Pushkash/Guerreiro and by new upcomers Stepanova/Bukin next season
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 11-03-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    thanks let's talk... hmmmm now the question is do I go ahead and buy this... are you watching in the states?
    no, in Japan. you can watch it anywhere except Russia and some ex-USSR states..

Custom Title
    Weaver & Poje FD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bltU4ZU30Ts

Added to list in Post 17 above

I am actually happy for B/S. Looks like they will make the GPF I haven't seen all the dances yet so I will try to come post more tomorrow once I do
    Last edited by tulosai; 11-03-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Custom Title
    FREE DANCE - VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 169.73 Free Dance
    2. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 159.46 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 158.97 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    4. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 149.54 Free Dance
    5. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 137.58 Free Dance
    6. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 137.46 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    7. Xintong HUANG & Xun ZHENG (CHN) - 121.01 Free Dance
    8. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 106.42 Free Dance
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-03-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Very interesting that so many people expected P/B do be dumped after their so-called pity/lifetime achievement/home-cooked medal at Worlds, and yet instead, it looks like for some reason W/P are losing favor with the judges. Very bad luck for them to be in two events with the on-the-rise B/S... but what else explains it? Federation politics? Bad program selection? (not that P/B's FD is a masterpiece) Or are they just not as well prepared as they could have been?

Without trying to predict the rest of the season, it makes sense to me that P/B did well here and will continue to do so. They have their own style, they have a lot of federation support (being the closest to a sure thing that the FFSG has), and they had a full off-season to prepare, unlike last year when they had to move and change coaches. Their marks are not quite at the same level the top two NA teams are getting*, but surely it is a positive sign for them that the gap is narrowing while the teams behind them are not catching up.

* ETA: actually, I just realized that they scored better here in the SD and overall than V/M did last weekend (though the latter did make some obvious mistakes).
    Last edited by Buttercup; 11-03-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Protocols

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FD_Scores.pdf

Chock & Bates are looking very strong for the US bronze medal. Their base score is ahead of Bobrova & Soloviev. Choosing Igor appears to have been a good choice for them.

It is indeed too bad that they did not get a second slot. However, they aren't in line for the GPF, really, so it's a good thing that USFS gave the SA slot to Kriengkrairut & Giuletti-Schmitt.

ETA, their Dr. Zhivago program is just stunning. The transition in between in the halves of the spin is so interesting, as was the first lift, and the final choreographic lift. I just wish that CoC wasn't so fond of their overhead camera :grrrrr:

It's great that there is now a high quality video available of it.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-03-2012 at 05:47 AM.

I've just checked the results. Bobrova & Soloviev

Thank you for the video links. Eurosport has only showed the ladies fs so far.

Custom Title
    I'm so peeved at Weaver and Poje for not changing their opening spin. It was called a level 2 twice already, once at the Ondrej Memorial Trophy and again at Skate America. It lost them 2 full points, which would have pulled them up to silver. And it also doesn't sets the tone for the technical panel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Very interesting that so many people expected P/B do be dumped after their so-called pity/lifetime achievement/home-cooked medal at Worlds, and yet instead, it looks like for some reason W/P are losing favor with the judges. Very bad luck for them to be in two events with the on-the-rise B/S... but what else explains it? Federation politics? Bad program selection? (not that P/B's FD is a masterpiece) Or are they just not as well prepared as they could have been?

Without trying to predict the rest of the season, it makes sense to me that P/B did well here and will continue to do so. They have their own style, they have a lot of federation support (being the closest to a sure thing that the FFSG has), and they had a full off-season to prepare, unlike last year when they had to move and change coaches. Their marks are not quite at the same level the top two NA teams are getting*, but surely it is a positive sign for them that the gap is narrowing while the teams behind them are not catching up.

* ETA: actually, I just realized that they scored better here in the SD and overall than V/M did last weekend (though the latter did make some obvious mistakes).
    Can I just say that CoC was a wierd event and blame that (I mean, Machida is now a GP gold medalist!)? I don't think it was bad luck for W/P to be in two events with B/S. If they can't beat them, then I doubt they were beating anyone else this early. Maybe federation politics (being #2, not number 1), not quite as well prepared (you wonder if they perhaps thought a little with worlds being in Canada and all....)... and P/B just seem hungrier. They themselves said that they no longer felt bronze was the best they could do, and are clearly putting that into action. Maybe the skate gods are just mocking our hubris? I still say that their medal was a lifetime achievement award, though. And the gap between P/B and B/S is clearly narrowing - they won by 23 points at worlds, 10 points here.

I don't think W/P have enough time to turn it around, at this point. No GPF (the sixth slot is between I/K and the Shibs now). I think they've lost a considerable amount of momentum. The GPF itself will be fascinating.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast