Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Did she go for 3-3 in recent history?
    I don't think she had 3-3 in her repertry even at Vancouver.
    I wasn't aware she was attempting a 3-3 today.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    that's not that bad Carolina can win with no lutz and Miki with a mere 5 triple jump
    I do agree the ladies Technical content currently is regressing/atrocious thats why I'm desperate for Kim to come back or one of the younger ladies to step it up
    Julia had so many well done triples by the pcs was so poor. Maybe it will increase as the season goes on or sotnikova will get her jumps back or tuktamisheva will also get her jumps back but they need to also improve their pcs. It is such sad state and this Mao performance is dispiriting and a little disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Julia had so many well done triples by the pcs was so poor. Maybe it will increase as the season goes on or sotnikova will get her jumps back or tuktamisheva will also get her jumps back but they need to also improve their pcs. It is such sad state and this Mao performance is dispiriting and a little disturbing.
    I see from earlier in the thread that you haven't watched Mao's program. Have you actually watched Julia's? She had mistakes on several jump passes and even the ones she did do were not up to her standard (although she was still better than Mao technically, mainly due to her greater base value, which is reflected in their respective TES scores). I don't really see why her PCS score should be higher for the performance she gave - it was fourth best of the competition, right after Mirai's.
    I don't like it when skaters win based on PCS rather than TES, since there are always discussions about whether they deserved it or not. But in this case Mao was better overall, even with the technical content that she displayed. Had Julia landed her jumps the way she usually does, I'm sure she would have won it.

Banned
    Julia's PCS ( even her debut) is almost same as with Adelina, Elizaveta has the lowest PCS amongst the 3.
    though I think the highest chance to increase her PCS is Adelina with Liza the lowest, judges seem to to prefer Julia and Adelina than to Liza

Custom Title
    I see that julia had problems on some jumps and needed to be flawless on her completed jumps and all technical elements to beat a 3 triple Mao and needs to improve her pcs. But Julia did do more triples than Mao who did 3 total and jumps are not everything and you can be Mao and do 3 triples and win because of pcs and spins and goe.

Compared to Liza both Adelina And Julia do have better pcs. All of them need to improve that area if they want hopes of defeating 3 triple Mao or no lutz kostner and the pcs queens of skating for whom jumps are irrelevant to judges and cop

I see that julia had problems on some jumps and needed to be flawless on her completed jumps and all technical elements to beat a 3 triple Mao and needs to improve her pcs.
    There are several technical elements in a program besides jumps. All of Mao's non-jump elements were well-executed (+GOE). So basically you're trying to argue that Julia should have won over Mao simply because she completed more triple jumps, but that difference is already reflected in their respective base values (the difference here would have been higher if Julia hadn't botched one of her last spins, making it a level 1).

What I like most about Julia is her confidence and attack; there was not much of that there today. Without that and with her mistakes on elements, there was not much to enjoy about her program. Mao's program flowed well even with the jump mistakes. If you haven't already, please watch Mao's and Julia's performances back to back, like they were during the competition, and maybe you'll understand what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    She really needs to fix those URs. How long can they rely on generous PCS to save her?

what do you mean how long? the last two world championships, she didn't get any generous PCS whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    I am more and more worried about Mao's jumps. 3 Flips got downgraded in the competition and she cannot even land a 2A-3T without <<.

Is this still the girl who could perform 3A and two 3-3 in one program?
    Nope, she is no longer able to do a 3A nor 3-3.
    Last edited by ks777; 11-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    The 2nd half was pretty good but the 1st half, she has no speed and no choreography and not much transitioning going on just like her SP.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    what do you mean how long? the last two world championships, she didn't get any generous PCS whatsoever.
    She did get the second highest PCS, 60pts, in Nice with TES of 45 which was 14th highest scores. It WAS generous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Asada landed only one clean triple in last Worlds FS, and earned the second highest PCS (60.02) only next to Kostner (65.72). Suzuki landed six triples and her PCS was 59.24.
    Last edited by mikeko666; 11-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    She did get the second highest PCS, 60pts, in Nice with TES of 45 which was 14th highest scores. It WAS generous.
    Ok but she got the 7th highest PCS at the world championships 2yrs ago. So she wasn't always getting the generous PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    Asada landed only one clean triple in last Worlds FS, and earned the second highest PCS (60.02) only next to Kostner (65.72). Suzuki landed six triples and her PCS was 59.24.
    Ok, then. My bad. she should have gotten way lower PCS!

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666
    I'd argue that this is more a case of Akiko being low-balled, like she sadly always is.
    Who else should have beaten Mao on PCS?
    Alena Leonova? Ksenia Makarova? Look at that ladies field, 2nd highest PCS is not that much of an accomplishment....there's only Ashley worth discussing, but she wasn't in the last group (I hate how the PCS depend on what group you are skating in, but it's nothing new, really).

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast