Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think this is a trend, we won't be seeing any high technical ladies medalling at Worlds next season , PCS seems more of a buffer nowadays
    unless Kim Yuna comes back of course
    Yes, I do hope she brings back her 3Lz+3T and beautiful triples so Mao, Carolina, Adelina, Ashley, Liza must show 6 or 7 triples plus 3-3 again...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Yes, I do hope she brings back her 3Lz+3T and beautiful triples so Mao, Carolina, Adelina, Ashley, Liza must show 6 or 7 triples plus 3-3 again...
    exactly, with Yuna coming back, the ladies will need to up their Tech contents
    that's why I hope Yuna's comeback will at least be half fruitful, I want TES almost at par with their PCS

Custom Title
    Just watched Korpi and Nagusu back to back. I do not understand Korpi's PCS. She was way over marked IMO. She had too many bobbles etc. Her positions in spins are not strong.

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Just watched Korpi and Nagusu back to back. I do not understand Korpi's PCS. She was way over marked IMO. She had too many bobbles etc. Her positions in spins are not strong.
    compared to the others, 59 seems quite high, but I disagree about the positions: she's not so flexible but her technique is excellent!

Tripping on the Podium
    i think mirai's program is a step in the right direction, but then again, i have a soft spot for this music. some of these <<< calls seem a bit draconian, but hopefully it'll push her to focus on her technique. it may be the difference between the jumps at 2010 nationals and 2010 olympics.

as for mao, lovely, mature skating. i'm impressed that after 2 years of reworking her triples, she's back on track. i wonder if yuna is working on her loop?

I was comparing the scores, and I discovered that Liza at her debut at SC 2011 received 53.60 for her almost clean program, today Julia received 57 for her messy program, so she should be VERY happy for her scores!

Custom Title
    What about my favourite Osmond's win,eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    If a skater can win only on PCS, it's not much different from ice dance.
    Obviously you don't know anything about Ice Dancing.

Custom Title
    Well, I think Lacoste just buried herself without a coffin. She need to show some consistency and land the big jumps; she ended up sixth but boy was she lucky. I think Canada will be pushng for Osmond for sure and maybe praying Rochette comes back. I also think Korpi is still over marked especially pcs. But she is beautiful but I don't remember that being part of the marks.

Custom Title
    Mao's program was very good. However high her PCS was, she deserved it. The Eurosport callers didn't notice all the problems with her jumps that the technical caller did. Once again, the ridiculous scoring system is working to kill figure skating--or at least a ridiculous technical caller is. Calls in professional baseball and basketball are judged by the naked eye. Why can't figure skating be, too? I haven't seem Mirai's program yet, but expect to be similarly puzzled by the downgrades.

Custom Title
    Here is Mirai's program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcvKl437UHc
    This is the best she has skated in years. Too bad she was done in by the technical caller. She was robbed. I hope she doesn't let this discourage her.

Custom Title
    I hope the technical content of ladies does not depend on Kim Yuna. But maybe it will because if people were thinking that the younger Russians and their jumps would matter or any younger skater with jumps that was not the case here in making others up there content! Turns out that without the PCS you can do all the lutzs and flips you like but it wont mean anything without the pcs! PCS is where it is happening not jumps. Yuna could come back with high PCS and 3/3 combo and lutz and flips but when she leaves again all the older veterans who have spent years building up good PCS can take it over again with the loops and salchows and maybe if they are being super super daring a triple flip not in combo! The whole Kostner and Mao arsenal!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Here is Mirai's program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcvKl437UHc
    This is the best she has skated in years. Too bad she was done in by the technical caller. She was robbed. I hope she doesn't let this discourage her.
    I don't think she was robbed by the technical caller. I could see most of the URs in real-time.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers
    I hope the technical content of ladies does not depend on Kim Yuna. But maybe it will because if people were thinking that the younger Russians and their jumps would matter or any younger skater with jumps that was not the case here in making others up there content! Turns out that without the PCS you can do all the lutzs and flips you like but it wont mean anything without the pcs! PCS is where it is happening not jumps. Yuna could come back with high PCS and 3/3 combo and lutz and flips but when she leaves again all the older veterans who have spent years building up good PCS can take it over again with the loops and salchows and maybe if they are being super super daring a triple flip not in combo! The whole Kostner and Mao arsenal!
    Won't you calm down already? As you could see with Liza last year: difficult content and high TES can give you a win - but Liza was clean. Julia wasn't. UR call on the first Lutz, step out+hand down on the 2A-3T - her biggest point getters at that. The other jumps weren't up to usual too, so she didn't get +GOE. And she had her last spin just Lv1 instead of Lv4 like usually. Without those mistakes she would have won.
    You're just going on and on, but it's not really like there seems to be any outcome you'd have been happy with

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Mao's Lp must be one of my favs ever, I have watched the Esp video twice in a row! I didnt even notice her jumps at all. They just dont matter when it comes to her, she mixes all the elements together. Her dress is dreamy.
    Mirai and Kira have always great dresses, but their programs didnt look very original.
    Julia entered the senior GP in earlier age than when Liza or Adelina did, Liza was two months short of 15, Adelina was 15++, Julia she is not even 14 and a half and somehow for me it shows, her reaction today is a typical one for her age, otherwise she wouldnt look so disappointed, she didnt have any disaster. She has unsual drive, and it is good I guess but in an interview of hers I read last season when she said she was looking at winning Sochi, I thought her goals were too much to handle at this age. And her purple dress at FT was better I think.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast