Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 331

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

  1. #226
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    The << call on Mirai's second 3Loop is just unfathomable. There is simply NO way the jump was that underrotated. Absolutely not.
    I noticed most judges gave her -2 on that jump. Do they see whether the caller URs the jump before they score it? Or does the caller look at the replay and the judges score to determine whether to call it UR? That was one jump that didn't look UR to my naked eye.

  2. #227
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    748
    We all know that Mao has problems with her jumps, she began practicing as a child under 6 system and then they were not so focused on correct jumps then had no choice but to try fix it now, I think it's best to try to be better, but obviously not easy, she might never get it or maybe she will get it , We can not be sure but she has great qualities and I doubt that by giving her the win with only a clean 3 loop and 3 salchow in a competition where her opponents also were not good technically going to kill the sport that is totally false, just look at the reaction of the audience in the arena, despite the technical difficulty and cuteness of Julia people just gave her a polite applause unlike Mao and this competition was not in Japan, PCs are based a lot on perception. Mao more than anyone knows she has to work harder, she has dedicated his life to this sport it's not like she is not hard worker, even some people sounds like Mao were losing jumps to purpose.
    Last edited by chapis; 11-03-2012 at 08:42 PM.

  3. #228
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I noticed most judges gave her -2 on that jump. Do they see whether the caller URs the jump before they score it? Or does the caller look at the replay and the judges score to determine whether to call it UR? That was one jump that didn't look UR to my naked eye.
    The judges do see the UR/DG marks given by the technical caller.

  4. #229
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    We all know that Mao has problems with her jumps, she began practicing as a child under 6 system and then they were not so focused on correct jumps then had no choice but to try fix it now, I think it's best to try to be better, but obviously not easy, she might never get it or maybe she will get it , We can not be sure but she has great qualities and I doubt that by giving her the win with only a clean 3 loop and 3 salchow in a competition where her opponents also were not good technically going to kill the sport that is totally false, just look at the reaction of the audience in the arena, despite the technical difficulty and cuteness of Julia people just gave her a polite applause unlike Mao and this competition was not in Japan, PCs are based a lot on perception. Mao more than anyone knows she has to work harder, she has dedicated his life to this sport it's not like she is not hard worker, even some people sounds like Mao were losing jumps to purpose.
    No one was as bad as Mao on jumps. No one has been as bad as Mao on jumps and won a free skate under cop ever before! 2 triples? I checked carolina kostner at 2010 skate America where she medaled with bronze And was previously seen as the worst skate with jumps ever to medal and it was 6th and she did more triples than Mao - 5 but she won bronze. This is a new low. Not intended by Mao but whatever this is what cop can mean! The crowd may have loved her but when it comes to the scoring system she did 2 kinds o triples to win an even and a free skate. How can Mao nit win worlds this season and the Olympics? What happens if she actually does more than two kinds of triples- actual real rotated triples.

  5. #230
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    No one was as bad as Mao on jumps. No one has been as bad as Mao on jumps and won a free skate under cop ever before! 2 triples? I checked carolina kostner at 2010 skate America where she medaled with bronze And was previously seen as the worst skate with jumps ever to medal and it was 6th and she did more triples than Mao - 5 but she won bronze. This is a new low. Not intended by Mao but whatever this is what cop can mean! The crowd may have loved her but when it comes to the scoring system she did 2 kinds o triples to win an even and a free skate. How can Mao nit win worlds this season and the Olympics? What happens if she actually does more than two kinds of triples- actual real rotated triples.
    I don't think Mao would have won under the old system but this was a weak field. Julia was only a few pts ahead of Mao on TES. It's disappointing to see how much Mao's jumps have declined but someone had to win. This was a true missed opportunity for Mirai though; she could have won this handily in her form a few years ago.

  6. #231
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    No one was as bad as Mao on jumps. No one has been as bad as Mao on jumps and won a free skate under cop ever before! 2 triples? I checked carolina kostner at 2010 skate America where she medaled with bronze And was previously seen as the worst skate with jumps ever to medal and it was 6th and she did more triples than Mao - 5 but she won bronze. This is a new low. Not intended by Mao but whatever this is what cop can mean! The crowd may have loved her but when it comes to the scoring system she did 2 kinds o triples to win an even and a free skate. How can Mao nit win worlds this season and the Olympics? What happens if she actually does more than two kinds of triples- actual real rotated triples.

    ok, yes, Mao is terrible

  7. #232
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    We all know that Mao has problems with her jumps, she began practicing as a child under 6 system and then they were not so focused on correct jumps then had no choice but to try fix it now, I think it's best to try to be better, but obviously not easy, she might never get it or maybe she will get it , We can not be sure but she has great qualities and I doubt that by giving her the win with only a clean 3 loop and 3 salchow in a competition where her opponents also were not good technically going to kill the sport that is totally false, just look at the reaction of the audience in the arena, despite the technical difficulty and cuteness of Julia people just gave her a polite applause unlike Mao and this competition was not in Japan, PCs are based a lot on perception. Mao more than anyone knows she has to work harder, she has dedicated his life to this sport it's not like she is not hard worker, even some people sounds like Mao were losing jumps to purpose.
    The arena was full of Japanese people who came to watch Mao and Dai. Even Zijun who was Chinese favorite didn't get much warm reception even with her delightful performance. But If I were one of audience, I would have given big applause to Mao who skated with maturity and a beauty! She deserves it.

    About the jumps.. Well, Kostner, Joannie, Akiko, and Miki are older than Mao, but they don't have problems with wrong edge or underotation. Kostner isn't consistent, but when she is on, I think she has the best jump technique in the world. Joannie and Mike had a wrong edge before, but they finally fixed it. Akiko has flutz, but she usually fully rotates her jumps.
    Mao has many problems with her jumps - edge, pre/underotaion, full blades, etc. Sadly, she doesn't have good technique on her jumps. I think her 3A is amazing though, even better than most of men. Really miss her 3A!

    We all know that Mao is a hard worker, that's why I admire her work ethic and her attitude I'm sure she will train hard and bring back difficult jumps at Worlds.

  8. #233
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,045
    Wow just wow.

    Anyway congrats to Mao and the other medalists. Loved Mao's lp which is a surprise since I'm so tired of swan programs.

  9. #234
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    Moa skated better than everyone else. She didn't jump better than everyone else, but she skated better than everyone else, This was a skating competition. What else is there to say?

  10. #235
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,045
    I agree Mathman.

  11. #236
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Moa skated better than everyone else. She didn't jump better than everyone else, but she skated better than everyone else, This was a skating competition. What else is there to say?
    Who is Moa?
    I agree with you. Mao didn't jump better, but she skated better, so she deserves to win!
    She needs to work on her jumps and bring difficult jumps to get a medal at Worlds and Olympic though.

  12. #237
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Moa skated better than everyone else. She didn't jump better than everyone else, but she skated better than everyone else, This was a skating competition. What else is there to say?
    Skating involves jumps and Mao had the lowest standard of jumps in a gp winning free skate in the cop era but I know jumps are totally irrelevant to many people and they suffer through them as Mao did triples in her skate and didn't bother with them well she did 3 of 2 kinds. But I know very few care.

    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    ok, yes, Mao is terrible
    COP is

    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    Who is Moa?
    I agree with you. Mao didn't jump better, but she skated better, so she deserves to win!
    She needs to work on her jumps and bring difficult jumps to get a medal at Worlds and Olympic though.
    I don't think this is true I think the Trend is toward pcs wins not jump oriented as was shown by kostner and Mao in china with 2 triples . Its like 1980 or something with jumps and thats the trend. Pcs number one , spins steps maybe 2 or 3 or 4 triples maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    The arena was full of Japanese people who came to watch Mao and Dai. Even Zijun who was Chinese favorite didn't get much warm reception even with her delightful performance. But If I were one of audience, I would have given big applause to Mao who skated with maturity and a beauty! She deserves it.

    About the jumps.. Well, Kostner, Joannie, Akiko, and Miki are older than Mao, but they don't have problems with wrong edge or underotation. Kostner isn't consistent, but when she is on, I think she has the best jump technique in the world. Joannie and Mike had a wrong edge before, but they finally fixed it. Akiko has flutz, but she usually fully rotates her jumps.
    Mao has many problems with her jumps - edge, pre/underotaion, full blades, etc. Sadly, she doesn't have good technique on her jumps. I think her 3A is amazing though, even better than most of men. Really miss her 3A!

    We all know that Mao is a hard worker, that's why I admire her work ethic and her attitude I'm sure she will train hard and bring back difficult jumps at Worlds.
    She actually got worse on jumps from the Japan open to the first grand prix but whatever cop loves it
    Last edited by gmyers; 11-03-2012 at 11:03 PM.

  13. #238
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Skating involves jumps and Mao had the lowest standard of jumps in a gp winning free skate in the cop era but I know jumps are totally irrelevant to many people and they suffer through them as Mao did triples in her skate and didn't bother with them well she did 3 of 2 kinds. But I know very few care.
    I do care jumps (not only difficulties but also qualities). I don't like skaters win thanks to generous PCS. It's a sports, not a dance events.
    But COC was a weak field. Mao had only 4 clean triples, but other elements and overall qualities were better than Julia. Julia had 9 triples, but her jump qualities were not great. They were tiny, no height, no flow out of jumps. Also, she had no choreography, speed, transitions... So overall, I think Mao was better than Julia.
    I don't like someone can win with huge PCS compared to low TES, but at this competition, Mao deserves to win.

  14. #239
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    I do care jumps (not only difficulties but also qualities). I don't like skaters win thanks to generous PCS. It's a sports, not a dance events.
    But COC was a weak field. Mao had only 4 clean triples, but other elements and overall qualities were better than Julia. Julia had 9 triples, but her jump qualities were not great. They were tiny, no height, no flow out of jumps. Also, she had no choreography, speed, transitions... So overall, I think Mao was better than Julia.
    I don't like someone can win with huge PCS compared to low TES, but at this competition, Mao deserves to win.
    Mao did not deserve to win with loop and salchow as her triple jumps. If you are going to go down the list I think Korpi would have been a good winner balancing jumps and PCS and everything. Mao basically didn't have jumps. 2 kind of triples? That's not deserving of winning any compettion ever. Maos 64 PCS was so amazing so I just think jumps will matter with her and she has no reason to try to improve because she can look to Kostner.

  15. #240
    Custom Title Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Just watched Korpi and Nagusu back to back. I do not understand Korpi's PCS. She was way over marked IMO. She had too many bobbles etc. Her positions in spins are not strong.
    I agree on Korpi's PCS. On the other hand-I love Mirai but I watched the tv coverage on UniSports. Most of her jumps were definitely underrotated and it did serious damage to her final score. Korpi seemed to have more 'obvious' mistakes but she did do a 3/3 at the start of her program and Mirai didn't go for her 3/3 as she did in the SP. In the end I suppose the medals were justified. It's great Mirai seems improved from last season and hopefully she'll get those jumps cleaned up (and a 3/3 in BOTH her SP and LP) by Nationals.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •