Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Yes, this is the real question: Mao's program wasn't her best, and it was not a high-level program, but it deserved 1st place. That's all.
    It was all that was needed - two triples but even though it may be all and she won it's pathetic that cop produced a two triple winner. It was first place but terrible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Her mistakes are unseen. Except the doubled lutz and the toe in the combination, everything looks great. And in a weak field she may even be a world champion in our naked eyes. But judges aren't evaluating with naked eyes, right? There are lots of UR in the jumps. So that's why her program components should be lower, just my opinion. If I were a judge there, nanananana, I wouldn't give her 64 for the presentation.
    What PCS mark in particular would you lower for mistakes that you are not able to see? She loses points on the jumps that she fails to complete, like everyone else. She had a weak skate in a very weak field (none of the Top 5 Worlds finishers).

Custom Title
    I wasn't impressed with Lipnitskaia. Her skating is very herky-jerky: she lands her small jumps, but there isn't much flowout from them. She doesn't seem to have any relationship with the music. She does all the choreographic touches that were given to her, but they were often not exactly where they should have been with the music. And there was entirely too much leg-grabbing. Yes, Julia, we know you are very bendy, but feats of flexibility by themselves don't express the character of the music.

Her annoyance in the KnC at not winning the competition can be forgiven because she is only 14 years old. But she should recognize that she is now skating against senior women. Maybe Mao Asada didn't have the technical chops Julia had, but she skated smoothly, lightly and with feeling so that the whole was worth far more than the sum of its parts. Julia's whole was considerably less than Mao's----that's why Mao won.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    woooaahh, seriously never seen someone sooo BITTER, and LET ME SAY IT AGAIN MAO LANDED 5 TRIPPLE JUMPS in the free skate, them not all being perfect (according to the caller) doesn't make them disappear, means she still gets credit for them! and those mistakes never interrupted the program, they weren't even noticeable to the naked eye. where as the other skaters mistakes with falls and popped jumps where DISRUPTING the whole program and the flow!

you seriously need to study the scoring system more, sigh, this is not a circus where the one who gets to jump the most during the 6 minutes win!
    You need to study. She did not do five. She did three. Three triples. Two different kinds. You don't even care about jumps to know the right number. Jumps are irrelevant to you and Mathman who even says skating competitions are about skating totally ignoring the jumping because to you and him jumps are just something to be suffered through.

Tripping on the Podium
    I am so, so, sad and disappointed for Amelie...I don't think she has the mental toughness to do it this year...I hope I'm wrong as I enjoy her skating very much..I did like her short programme very much and though she executed it well. Her long, mistakes aside, was too much arm flaling and seemed as if she was just a tad bit overly dramatic..I wsh her well and hope she can step it up for nationals...you go girl!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I wasn't impressed with Lipnitskaia. Her skating is very herky-jerky: she lands her small jumps, but there isn't much flowout from them. She doesn't seem to have any relationship with the music. She does all the choreographic touches that were given to her, but they were often not exactly where they should have been with the music. And there was entirely too much leg-grabbing. Yes, Julia, we know you are very bendy, but feats of flexibility by themselves don't express the character of the music.

Her annoyance in the KnC at not winning the competition can be forgiven because she is only 14 years old. But she should recognize that she is now skating against senior women. Maybe Mao Asada didn't have the technical chops Julia had, but she skated smoothly, lightly and with feeling so that the whole was worth far more than the sum of its parts. Julia's whole was considerably less than Mao's----that's why Mao won.
    Mao didn't have the technical chops of any grand Prix winner ever before under cop or since more than two kinds of triples were being done in skating but people are calling her deserving and are saying she was great! She was out jumped by the second place person and third place person and the fifth place person and the sixth and Mao won with the lowest jump content outside of a competition for like ten year olds.

Custom Title
    What is going on in this thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post

She was annoyed at her bad skate..That's the big difference. She is a maximalist))

Custom Title
    I agree, I think her attitude was very sportive, she was dissapointed with her skating, not the marks... look at the replay..her facial expression when the music stopped...she was shocked.
    My opinion once again, Mao won desevedly, Julia definately lacked emotions and had mistakes... BUT I'm a big fan of Mao's, though she is not Mao I love unfortunately...
    By the way..I think Kira makes progress every year... She's growing on me.

Custom Title
    I love Mao's LP! It's really beautiful and suit her well. hope she can get all her jumps back by the end of the season.

I'm STRONGLY disagree with Gymers, Oh well, although mao is not a really good skater, she can't jump much beside the loops jump. I'm Ok with her win here b/c dis is a really really weak field. I don't think julia is the deserve winner here. Watching julia skate her nutcracker program: she skates here and there, and there and here and she stops and raises her leg. She doesn't have any emotion, and all her movements don't go with music at all. So, julia is a deserve winner nananananannnnnnnnnnn.

However, if mao skates like dis and win against reigning to be World Champion, Ashley Wagner, then I will have BIG problem.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-05-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Miserere Nobis
    Regardless of which skater you like better, Mao is the undisputed champion here. Julia had a hairsbreadth of a lead after the short, so really, either one of them could have taken the crown. You could see the shock on her face after completing her free skate--she flubbed two triple-triple combinations, something that didn't happen all last season, though even her nerves of steel can fray. She's a bright and hardworking girl, and she'll undoubtedly be pushing herself to clean them up before TEB.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Mao didn't have the technical chops of any grand Prix winner ever before under cop or since more than two kinds of triples were being done in skating but people are calling her deserving and are saying she was great! She was out jumped by the second place person and third place person and the fifth place person and the sixth and Mao won with the lowest jump content outside of a competition for like ten year olds.
    Gmyers, I think we all get that you think Mao is chopped liver. Some here may agree; others may disagree. You've stated the same things many times already.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Huh? Check the protocols, she had the second highest TES in the LP. She wasn't the only skater hit by downgrades and there is more to TES than jump elements.

Custom Title
    I don't think Mao is chopped liver when it comes to winning events because cop says she can and she is not far behind kostner and could easily be world champion even with just tiny improvement in her jumps and think that is very unsatisfying. She can't be chopped liver she has to be taken very seriously and while others like to compare Julia to a dog peeing I am not talking about Julia just Mao jumps and cop and Mao going in Kostners direction and with many events I will see Mao on tv on NBC but not china because NBC won't air it but will not watch her do a two triple skate because it's so beneath Mao.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast