Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 331

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

  1. #271
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,785
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Huh? Check the protocols, she had the second highest TES in the LP. She wasn't the only skater hit by downgrades and there is more to TES than jump elements.
    The very good TES was because of Spins and steps and goe and filling all jumping slots but not because of great jumping. I know all this and the TES is not just jumps and when I think if Mao adds a flip or toe to her loops and salchows she can be world champ with good TES and pcs.
    Last edited by gmyers; 11-04-2012 at 01:27 PM.

  2. #272
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Enidan View Post
    I'm STRONGLY disagree with Gymers, Oh well, although mao is not a really good skater, she can't jump much beside the loops jump. I'm Ok with her win here b/c dis is a really really weak field. I don't think julia is the deserve winner here. Watching julia skate her nutcracker program just remind me of the time when I took my dog out to any new place that he never been to. He will walk a little here and there, and there and here and he stops and raises his leg and pee. She doesn't have any emotion, and all her movements don't go with music at all. So, julia is a deserve winner nananananannnnnnnnnnn.

    However, if mao skates like dis and win against reigning to be World Champion, Ashley Wagner, then I will have BIG problem.
    Congratulations you have outdone flatt Fan in being disgusting about julia

  3. #273
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    62
    Poor judging on this one too. Kiira Korpi should have been much lower than 3rd. She made obvious mistakes and still got a medal. I had her around 5th. Has the ISU already decided the outcomes before the season begins?

  4. #274
    Banned Reginald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    I agree that Julia was undermarked and had her name been Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Julia Lipnitskaya, she would have scored 120+!. However, Mao was the deserved winner, but I remain concerned about Mao's technical frailties.

    In terms of Julia, the fact that she didn't win on her GP debut will probably be a good thing in the long term. It will make her even more determined and incentivised to improve further. She is still only 14 after all.
    Okay, I'm going to say this.

    In sports, I really don't agree with this "It's good that we lost, so now we will be more determined" philosophy.

    This saying is somewhat true politics, but in skating it's fall flat.

    Just think, if Julia had won here, she could have gone and won everything in sight the next two years and become the greatest teenage figure skatign phenom ever.

    Now, she has lost that chance.

  5. #275
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,642
    Both Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova have it WAY over Lipnitskaia when it comes to expressing the music and real skating skills. So no, I don't think if Julia had won CoC she would have won everything in sight.

    I like Osmond, but don't believe she will go on to win everything in sight either, just because she won SC. She still has not completed a clean FS and that is something she is going to need to do in later competitions.

    Ice is slippery and you have to deliver the goods at the place and time you compete. Julia didn't (at least not at a Senior level) and so she won silver at CoC. There is plenty of room for improvement, and if she really wants to win she will have to address the areas that cost her the CoC title.

  6. #276
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Okay, I'm going to say this.

    In sports, I really don't agree with this "It's good that we lost, so now we will be more determined" philosophy.

    This saying is somewhat true politics, but in skating it's fall flat.

    Just think, if Julia had won here, she could have gone and won everything in sight the next two years and become the greatest teenage figure skatign phenom ever.

    Now, she has lost that chance.
    This is a great debut for a 14 year old! She still could be the greatest.Only the time will tell..

  7. #277
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,785
    Julia definitely needs more of a program than thongs and dog pee position lol

    She didn't beat a skater who did two triples, where is the potential for her winning anything?
    Last edited by gmyers; 11-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.

  8. #278
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Julia definitely needs more of a program than thongs and dog pee position lol

    She didn't beat a skater who did two triples, where is the potential for her winning anything?
    It's getting old repeating the same thing over and over. You alredy made your point so get over it. By the way, Mao landed 3 clean triples.

  9. #279
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,129
    I just watched Mirai's LP and loved it! Her speed is finally back! She has been skating so slow and I didn't think she was going to get it back.

  10. #280
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Okay, I'm going to say this.

    In sports, I really don't agree with this "It's good that we lost, so now we will be more determined" philosophy.

    This saying is somewhat true politics, but in skating it's fall flat.

    Just think, if Julia had won here, she could have gone and won everything in sight the next two years and become the greatest teenage figure skatign phenom ever.

    Now, she has lost that chance.
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the logical jump between "She placed silver at her first senior GP to the Olympic silver medalist because she got a little nervous" and "She's now lost any chance of ever becoming world champion or winning anything again."

  11. #281
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Julia definitely needs more of a program than thongs and dog pee position lol

    She didn't beat a skater who did two triples, where is the potential for her winning anything?
    A very great potential, actually. Just look at her streak last season. And you are being quite disgusting about Julia as well--what is it about a fourteen-year-old girl that prompts such inappropriate comments?

  12. #282
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,785
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    It's getting old repeating the same thing over and over. You alredy made your point so get over it. By the way, Mao landed 3 clean triples.
    You can go 3 triples 2 loops and one salchow or two kinds of triples loops and salchow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the logical jump between "She placed silver at her first senior GP to the Olympic silver medalist because she got a little nervous" and "She's now lost any chance of ever becoming world champion or winning anything again."
    What if that Olympic silver medalist or any skater with great plus 60 pcs did more than 3 triples in a free skate? then where is Julia? Kostner lose, Mao lose, surely Kim lose. She has to beat these people and Mao beat her! What if Mao had been clean? Julia would have been nowhere near her even if Julia herself had been clean and she almost was!

  13. #283
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,785
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    A very great potential, actually. Just look at her streak last season. And you are being quite disgusting about Julia as well--what is it about a fourteen-year-old girl that prompts such inappropriate comments?
    Her streak last season was all against juniors and that is becoming very clear was only because it was juniors. Look what happened under scrutiny of a senior gp event really disgusting comments and criticism came! I was so taken aback I repeated them for effect!!

  14. #284
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    What if that Olympic silver medalist or any skater with great plus 60 pcs did more than 3 triples in a free skate? then where is Julia? Kostner lose, Mao lose, surely Kim lose. She has to beat these people and Mao beat her! What if Mao had been clean? Julia would have been nowhere near her even if Julia herself had been clean and she almost was!
    Had Julia landed her triple-triple combinations clean, I believe she would, indeed, have beat Mao. The difference between them was 3.47 points, not the titanic margin you're making it out to be. Let me reiterate that she is fourteen, and your example of the great skaters--Kostner, Mao, and Kim--are already in their twenties. Might be that they have one Olympics left in them, but after that, they'll be on their way out. And who will be standing there, already posing a huge threat to Mao at her first senior GP before she's come anywhere close to peaking? Julia. You've still failed to convince me that her career is essentially over after her first big senior event because she took silverat an event that--had she skated cleanly, like her short program--she would have won. By that stretch of "logic," no skater has ever become great because a career of nothing but golds has yet to happen.

    Let's use your examples to illustrate this--Mao lost to Yuna in Vancouver, took sixth at two World Championships in a row, and placed fifth and eighth at her GP assignments for the 10-11 season. Kostner placed sixteenth at the Vancouver Olympics, sixth at 09-10 Worlds, sixth at both of her GP events the same season, and dared to take silver at both of her GPs last season. Not even the great Kim Yuna will ever, it seems, win anything again because she has settled for silver and bronze at multiple points during her career.

  15. #285
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,326
    Really, why should anyone care that much about who wins Cup of China (except the skaters themselves, I suppose)? It's not exactly something to have a parade over. Even winning the Grand Prix final doesn't count for much in the record books. Worlds is the big show (and the Olympics, of course, in those years). Julia isn't even old enough for Worlds this year, is she? Mao won't win Worlds with only three clean triples. But I expect her jump content to improve by the time she gets to Worlds.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •