2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If that's how Julia skates when she is "off"... Watch out, World! She really does have a spirit of a champion

Congarts to Mao deserving win
a little off on her FS standard but I'm sure Julia will be better by her next GP, she is a very diligent girl :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Protocols are up

Asada got << on the 3T in her 2A+3T, but also both her flips got <. So she only got credit for 3 triple jumps. Also the 2nd +2Lo got <

Lipnitskaia got < on her 3Lz in her 3Lz+3T

Nagasu got << on both 3T and 3Lo, plus < on 3Lz, both 3F's and a +2Lo. That explains her low TES

Li got < on a 3Lz and 3F on which she fell

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
I'm sad Mirai didn't get a medal, Kiira's program was good, but not THAT good, I think she was a bit overscored...

Protocols are out. The score was fair. Look at Mirai's jump quality: almost every jump was unclean. Kiira never gets "e" and quite rarely < or <<. I wish she would leave her flip away. I remember she has made it cleanly probably twice during past 5 years.

Mao was fantastic. But Julia... techincally just amazing but the rest... blah. She could give so much more with a better program. And I wish she would leave those unmeaningful leg lifts away. And I wonder the judge. Somebody gave her 8.25 from transitions. 8.25?! :mad: She has just circling and circling between elements. And besides that - she had all the jumps in a row, just one FCSp4 between. Coreography 7.25, just give me a break. I thought I understand this sport but apparently not. :confused:

Mao88

Record Breaker
I usually don't like Julia's style, but I thought she would be the 1st since she attempted difficult jumps. She was underscored compared to Mao, I think.

Lovely skate from Mao, but I enjoyed her performance at Japan Open more. The music suits her very well. Much better than her SP. Generous score considering no 3-3, 3Lz, and 2ft landing on combination.

I agree that Julia was undermarked and had her name been Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Julia Lipnitskaya, she would have scored 120+!. However, Mao was the deserved winner, but I remain concerned about Mao's technical frailties.

In terms of Julia, the fact that she didn't win on her GP debut will probably be a good thing in the long term. It will make her even more determined and incentivised to improve further. She is still only 14 after all.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Julia got what she deserved today. Also her pcs are getting higher!Yay!=))Mao should be 1st. Her pcs look alright to me...Aaaand, today, I think, Julia was nervous, yes. BUT she interpretated music better than in Finland.
I think if she continues to progress, she can win her next gp. I do believe she'll get her spot in the final.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree that Julia was undermarked and had her name been Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Julia Lipnitskaya, she would have scored 120+!. However, Mao was the deserved winner, but I remain concerned about Mao's technical frailties.

In terms of Julia, the fact that she didn't win on her GP debut will probably be a good thing in the long term. It will make her even more determined and incentivised to improve further. She is still only 14 after all.

Kiira was overscored :mad:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

I wonder how could she score if she were in Canada? Would Osmond still have the lead with 115?:popcorn:

naan

Rinkside

Julia is a consistent jumper, but her jumps look so tiny and no flow at all. Also, She needs to improve her SS, TS, CH. But she is only 14, and considering her age, she's just amazing! :clap:

Mao has fab skating skills, she's so light on the ice. But her jumps are not good at all. No 3-3, 3Lz, even her 3F usually gets <<, so many 2Lo... :(

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I wonder how could she score if she were in Canada? Would Osmond still have the lead with 115?:popcorn:

Osmond would get 120+ :laugh:
on a good side Julia's off scores are higher than when Liza or Adelina are not on , 177+ is pretty big :),
her PCS improved though I think Julia still needs more transition improvement

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 181.76
2. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 177.92
3. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 169.86
4. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 163.46
5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 160.06
6. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 135.46
7. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 134.43
8. Ying ZHANG (CHN) - 130.65 Free Skate
9. Sofia BIRYUKOVA (RUS) - 127.36 Free Skate

Unfortunately, I am out for the rest of the day. However, this YouTube user here seems to be loading up all of the videos

This YouTube user has also been uploading videos during the Cup of China as well

Last edited:
L

lowtherlore

Congrats to the medalists! A good win for Mao.

I can live with the placements, although I think Mao was overscored in PCS, and Zijun was underscored.

I'm impressed with Julia. I hope she goes through puberty well.

IleK

On the Ice
Protocols are out. The score was fair. Look at Mirai's jump quality: almost every jump was unclean. Kiira never gets "e" and quite rarely < or <<. I wish she would leave her flip away. I remember she has made it cleanly probably twice during past 5 years.

Mao was fantastic. But Julia... techincally just amazing but the rest... blah. She could give so much more with a better program. And I wish she would leave those unmeaningful leg lifts away. And I wonder the judge. Somebody gave her 8.25 from transitions. 8.25?! :mad: She has just circling and circling between elements. And besides that - she had all the jumps in a row, just one FCSp4 between. Coreography 7.25, just give me a break. I thought I understand this sport but apparently not. :confused:

Hello, Anna! Great minds think the same:)). Again. I am happy I can share my joy with you for Kiira's medal. It was very fair, no doubt about it. She showed 3-3 and a good lutz, she had her mistakes (I agree with that flip but I admire her for trying and not going only for the easy points but I felt like killing her for that loop because it is her best jump) but stii 5 clean jumps, Mao only 3 and Mirai only 1!! Don't mind what the others say, they are entitled to their own opinions, we can't all think the same. Besides that I am very happy with the podium, it is exactly as it should be. I love all first five girls but it obvius that neither of them is perfect, they all have things to learn and corect. Yayy, Kiira!! Hope she does well (better) on her next GP! And I also hope it won't be a problem that she has 2 GP back to back.

SXTN

Final Flight
I am more and more worried about Mao's jumps. 3 Flips got downgraded in the competition and she cannot even land a 2A-3T without <<.

Is this still the girl who could perform 3A and two 3-3 in one program?

mary01

Final Flight
Mao was sooo beautiful to watch, love how elegantly she does everything. Her timing is incredible, right to the music! I am not that worried about the jumps she was probably nervous before she began skating, it's still only the beginning of the season i'm sure Mao will correct it next time!

Last edited: