2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ugh, Rippon is stuck with another terrible music choice. There's just nothing to grab a hold off, just a bunch of jazz trumpet flairs. Worse yet, Rippon isn't good with this athletic American broadway style; he's much better off showing off his classical lines and subtlety.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Rippon skated quite good, but I don't like the choreography a lot, he looked forced, not natural but maybe it's because of the collision...

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Nan Song... :cry:
He has so much potential, but he just doesn't have any luck!
Hopefully he'll be back for TEB at least... :cry:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Music: Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota

4T
3A
3A+2T
FCSp
StSq
3T+2T
3F
2A+2T+2T
3Lo
3S
ChSt
CCoSp
CSSp

I don't care for his skating, but he landed his jumps, and in this field it will prob be enough for medal.

apple123

On the Ice
How many times does Adam collide with someone in the warmup? I recall once with Chan? He should really pay attention.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm almost offended by the utterly dismal "choreography" of Voronov's LP, nothing but the same music cuts of the love theme from Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet over and over and over again, shoddily clapped together with a complete disconnect of his movements to the music.

Yuck.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You know something is wrong in Cup of China men's field when an obscure skater like Voronov gets a medal
who has never podium at a GP before nor is a decent skater , lol

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN)

Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski

3A
4T - fall
3Lz+3T
FSSp
StSq
3A+2T - low landing on 3A and step between the two jumps. Will be called SEQ?
CCSp
3Lo
3Lz
3F+2T
3S
ChSt
CCoSp

Should be enough for silver

Irishflip

On the Ice
You know something is wrong in Cup of China men's field when an obscure skater like Voronov gets a medal

Or when two podium contenders withdraw after the short.

evangeline

Record Breaker

Actually, Voronov has two GP medals.

But he definitely benefited from the weak field here, I agree.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Machida's transitions were a bit flat until midway through the program, when I think it turned around. The landings and precision weren't as strong as the SP he performed yesterday, but it should give him the silver at least.

Irishflip

On the Ice
shame about Joubert's sickness and Song's injury :cry:

Particularly considering Song hasn't had his time to shine despite delivering stellar performances. If he skates like he did at the Cup of China last year at the TEB and doesn't get a medal I may scream.