2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

noidont

Final Flight
Machida's firebird was ridiculous. Seriously. Everyone in the arena was expressing disbelief at his costume before the Rippon/Song clash happened.

But Dai's fp was a bit of a let down too. At this point if he isn't going to make GPF, he should change the program completely....

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Machida's firebird was ridiculous. Seriously. Everyone in the arena was expressing disbelief at his costume before the Rippon/Song clash happened.

But Dai's fp was a bit of a let down too. At this point if he isn't going to make GPF, he should change the program completely....
I think he is, even if he bombs at NHK, he won't place lower than second or third: he recives 80+ PCS even if he falls 2 or 3 times!

LuCN

Rinkside
really sad for Nan Song...altought the official speaker and himself said he's ok.some skating fans saw him in the hotel today.He looked really not good.can't walk by himself(need someone help or put his hand on wall for support),and his neck if surrounded with something.He said he can't remember what happened yesterday.and his teeth are broken too T T

Voronov is really a good guy.he's the only one who stop the warm-up and come to see Song,even before the officers notice it....

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
really sad for Nan Song...altought the official speaker and himself said he's ok.some skating fans saw him in the hotel today.He looked really not good.can't walk by himself(need someone help or put his hand on wall for support),and his neck if surrounded with something.He said he can't remember what happened yesterday.and his teeth are broken too T T

Voronov is really a good guy.he's the only one who stop the warm-up and come to see Song,even before the officers notice it....

Poor Nan. He has shown signs of concussion from the moment of collision on. Figure skaters learn to fall from jumps, not from body checks, and they don't wear full body protection.

The time on ice at 4CC and after collision at COC must have felt like never ending ages to him. I hope the concussion would not have severe lasting effects on him as they often do, and that he will never suffer another head injury ever again which can compound the effects.

I also hope he will have an unhindered and brilliant skating career from now on.

kiri433

Rinkside
Machida skated well and deserved a win. Takahashi was not in usual form and even lost speed toward the end of program.
He performed well at JO and got high score, but changed the program quite bit this time. I hope it is not a bad influence from Morozov.

NHK will be a death-match. Both Takahashi and Hanyu need to win or be 2nd at least to go to GPF. Usually, a skater who finished highest position among Japanese at previous World gets assigned to NHK, and 2nd highest skater is assigned to other GPS, but Hanyu is pushed in this time to NHK as it is held at Sendai where earthquake hit hard last year. Hanyu now lives in Canada with his mom. Who cares if he grew up there? This bad decision by JFS may result in worst case that either one of them cannot go to a final. As the way JFS and garbage media are pushing Hanyu, I guess this unfortunate one can be Takahashi. He needs to get back his quad and performs perfectly to win against Judge`s favorite Hanyu.

It really was a stupid decision by JFS to assign both Daisuke and Yuzuru to NHK. Yuzuru is certainly a wonder boy and has become a perfect symbol of tragedy and hope as Japan struggled to recover from the earthquake and tsunami. For sure the Japanese media will be featuring him prior to and during NHK everywhere, not just for the skating coverage but in all general news. Still, I think he should not have been assigned to NHK. Daisuke was the winner of the 2011 Japan Nationals and thus has all the rights to be at NHK this year.

If JFS insists Yuzuru be at NHK, then they should have assigned Daisuke elsewhere, albeit non-traditionally. It's sickening how they treat Daisuke year after year. But he never complains...he just comes back stronger than ever!!:p

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I've read Chinese fan asked Natalie what's happened to Brian. She said he became ill from food poisoning.

LuCN

Rinkside
Good news! Song looks much better on Sunday evening :)) (according to the evening dinner reports and photos)

and in the lottery draw during the dinner,Dai's coach got a mobilephone and he and Daisuke gave it to Song to wish him recover soon,so warm ;)

btw,some fans met Joubert,he's very kind to everyone,but looked really tired,hope he can recover soon too.

Last edited:

doctor2014

On the Ice
This bad decision by JFS may result in worst case that either one of them cannot go to a final. As the way JFS and garbage media are pushing Hanyu, I guess this unfortunate one can be Takahashi. He needs to get back his quad and performs perfectly to win against Judge`s favorite Hanyu.
Still, I think he should not have been assigned to NHK. Daisuke was the winner of the 2011 Japan Nationals and thus has all the rights to be at NHK this year.

If JFS insists Yuzuru be at NHK, then they should have assigned Daisuke elsewhere, albeit non-traditionally. It's sickening how they treat Daisuke year after year. But he never complains...he just comes back stronger than ever!!:p
I agree that the JSF has made a stupid decision, but I don’t think Niki2012 should be so worried and even posted that “this unfortunate one can be Takahashi.” As kiri433 posted, Daisuke always came back stronger than ever, especially at NHK. Remember last year he didn’t do well at SC and placed only 3rd there. Then he came back stronger than ever at NHK and beat a clean Kozuka by more than 10 points in the SP. He’s capable of achieving the same thing this year. And his silver at CoC means he has a better chance to get into GPF than last year, when he placed 3rd at SC.

As for Hanyu, I think he would be better off if he was assigned to TEB. But the French fed is smart in avoiding strong competitiors, e.g. Mirai and Hanyu, so the French skaters have better chances to win at home. The JSF needs to learn from the FFSG.

Also, I disagree with kiri433 that “it's sickening how the JSF treat Daisuke year after year.” This is not true. The JSF actually treated Daisuke very well. Last year Daisuke had a meltdown at the 2011 Worlds and Kozuka was the reigning World silver medalist, but the JSF clearly favored Daisuke over Kozuka at NHK and the Japan Nationals. Daisuke’s PCS were 16 points higher than Kozuka at NHK. Normally a fed wouldn’t lowball its reigning world silver medalist that way, but that was what JSF did at 2011 NHK.

Then at 2011 Japanese Nationals the JSF lowballed Kozuka and Hanyu again to make Daisuke the national champion. Even though I’ve always preferred Daisuke’s presentation much more than Kozuka’s and was glad that Daisuke beat Kozuka at the 2011 Japanese Nationals, I can still understand Kozuka fans’ complaint that Kozuka should have won the Japanese Nationals because Daisuke was overscored and should not have received 86.90 in PCS when he fell 3 times in the FS.

At Japan Open on Oct. 6 the JSF showed again that Daisuke is their favorite when they lowballed Hanyu and Kozuka again for Daisuke’s sake. Kozuka actually beat Daisuke on TES, but Daisuke got 91.06 in PCS and beat Kozuka 8 points there and thus won. I also think Daisuke should have won the JO, but his I Pagliacci program did not deserve 91.06 in PCS, so Kozuka was lowballed in comparison.

The JSF lowballed Hanyu even more and did not even give him the chance to compete at JO, so he had to go to the Finlandia Trophy. If the JSF and garbage media were pushing Hanyu, then they should have invited him to compete with Daisuke at JO instead of inviting Kozuka, as Hanyu is the reigning world bronze medalist and had a much better 2011-12 season than Kozuka. Hanyu competed on the same day (Oct. 6) at the Finlandia Trophy and his score there would have beaten both Daisuke and Kozuka at the JO. So the JSF did Daisuke and Kozuka big favor by denying Hanyu the chance to skate at JO.

Thus, the hierarchy according to JSF is 1) Daisuke, 2) Kozuka, and 3) Hanyu.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I agree that the JSF has made a stupid decision, but I don’t think Niki2012 should be so worried and even posted that “this unfortunate one can be Takahashi.” As kiri433 posted, Daisuke always came back stronger than ever, especially at NHK. Remember last year he didn’t do well at SC and placed only 3rd there. Then he came back stronger than ever at NHK and beat a clean Kozuka by more than 10 points in the SP. He’s capable of achieving the same thing this year. And his silver at CoC means he has a better chance to get into GPF than last year, when he placed 3rd at SC.

As for Hanyu, I think he would be better off if he was assigned to TEB. But the French fed is smart in avoiding strong competitiors, e.g. Mirai and Hanyu, so the French skaters have better chances to win at home. The JSF needs to learn from the FFSG.

Also, I disagree with kiri433 that “it's sickening how the JSF treat Daisuke year after year.” This is not true. The JSF actually treated Daisuke very well. Last year Daisuke had a meltdown at the 2011 Worlds and Kozuka was the reigning World silver medalist, but the JSF clearly favored Daisuke over Kozuka at NHK and the Japan Nationals. Daisuke’s PCS were 16 points higher than Kozuka at NHK. Normally a fed wouldn’t lowball its reigning world silver medalist that way, but that was what JSF did at 2011 NHK.

Then at 2011 Japanese Nationals the JSF lowballed Kozuka and Hanyu again to make Daisuke the national champion. Even though I’ve always preferred Daisuke’s presentation much more than Kozuka’s and was glad that Daisuke beat Kozuka at the 2011 Japanese Nationals, I can still understand Kozuka fans’ complaint that Kozuka should have won the Japanese Nationals because Daisuke was overscored and should not have received 86.90 in PCS when he fell 3 times in the FS.

At Japan Open on Oct. 6 the JSF showed again that Daisuke is their favorite when they lowballed Hanyu and Kozuka again for Daisuke’s sake. Kozuka actually beat Daisuke on TES, but Daisuke got 91.06 in PCS and beat Kozuka 8 points there and thus won. I also think Daisuke should have won the JO, but his I Pagliacci program did not deserve 91.06 in PCS, so Kozuka was lowballed in comparison.

The JSF lowballed Hanyu even more and did not even give him the chance to compete at JO, so he had to go to the Finlandia Trophy. If the JSF and garbage media were pushing Hanyu, then they should have invited him to compete with Daisuke at JO instead of inviting Kozuka, as Hanyu is the reigning world bronze medalist and had a much better 2011-12 season than Kozuka. Hanyu competed on the same day (Oct. 6) at the Finlandia Trophy and his score there would have beaten both Daisuke and Kozuka at the JO. So the JSF did Daisuke and Kozuka big favor by denying Hanyu the chance to skate at JO.

Thus, the hierarchy according to JSF is 1) Daisuke, 2) Kozuka, and 3) Hanyu.
I agree that, at National Championships, the interests of the federation are always observed and that, in 2011, Dai was obviously overscored (86 with three falls!!), but at JO the judges are not Japanese, they are from all over the world, so they did overscore him (91...:no:) but it was not JSF's fault I suppose...

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Voronov was a little underscored in PCS, especially in SP, but it wouldn't affect the general result. As much as I liked Machida's SP, as much I disliked his FS. It's ridiculous, in some circus artist costume, that btw caused Voronov to get "caught" by Machida's feathers on the podium, Dai had to keep everyone's flowers to let the guys free themselves: http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kkfksenia/view/613703/?page=11 Well, after three major events JO, SA and SC Machida is the first winner with no clean quad. :disapp:

N.Song is fine, it seems ;):
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/ttyy0403/6b96acb4gw1dyjdpi5560j.jpg
http://i069.radikal.ru/1211/4d/1d50025a0207.jpg