Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

Custom Title
    No it is voronov who has medaled at coc before in 2009. It was on my list of things I wanted to see happen. Helped immensely by withdrawals this time.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I will laugh SO HARD if the Japanese men that qualify for the GPF turn out to be Machida, Kozuka and Oda.
    It'll be even more entertaining if five Japanese guys qualify, and then it'll be Chan vs. Japan, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think you meant Menshov
    I dont think Voronov has medaled before in a GP
    I meant Voronov. I think you're confused, go to the results page and click on Voronov's name to get his bio and results.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    No it is voronov who has medaled at coc before in 2009. It was on my list of things I wanted to see happen. Helped immensely by withdrawals this time.
    Ok, am confused still by Menshov and Voronov
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 11-03-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    then seals it with Gachinski
    Gcahinski has now lower score than Voronov, Menshov and Kovtun !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Yeah, it makes me think that we might just have a whole new set of medalists this year. Still, it's early in the season, and Daisuke and Patrick generally falter on jumps at the beginning. Hanyu also needs to build his stamina for the free skate as always. Javier Fernandez and Takahiko Kozuka generally has better jump consistency... hopefully that follows through until Worlds.
    To be honest, I'm not that worried about Takahashi, Hanyu or Chan either. They all bombed at least once in the GP last season (Hanyu at CoC, Chan at TEB, Takahashi at SC) before pulling themselves together, and I expect that to happen this year.

But NHK is definitely going to be a bloodbath...in retrospect, the Japanese fed shouldn't have done their trade w/ the French Fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    It'll be even more entertaining if five Japanese guys qualify, and then it'll be Chan vs. Japan, most likely.
    Definitely! Sadly, however, that's unlikely to happen unless Fernandez majorly bombs at NHK. The GPF will more likely be:
    Fernandez
    Chan
    Takahashi
    Hanyu
    Kozuka
    Machida
    Last edited by evangeline; 11-03-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Dai! What are you doing? :(((

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Sadly, however, that's unlikely to happen unless Fernandez majorly bombs at NHK. The GPF will more likely be:
    Fernandez
    Chan
    Takahashi
    Hanyu
    Kozuka
    Machida
    We know from the past that sometimes the events expected to be the best turn out to be rather meh. With that in mind: Oda is a good early season skater, and Chan did not look great last weekend. What if...

CoR:
    1. Oda
    2. Kozuka
    3. Chan

TEB is unimportant for the GPF, though it could prove quite entertaining

then NHK
    1. Takahashi
    2. Hanyu
    3. Fernandez

Can you spot the odd man out in this case?

On a more serious note - according to L'Equipe, Joubert will fly back a day earlier than planned and is going to the hospital for tests once he gets back.

Congrats to to Machida! Dai's jumps have gone missing today. Very surprised at the outcome
    but the ice is slippery and even tho I am a Dai uber the results were correct.

Congrats to the medal winners!!!!

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Machida! Huge upset for this event, and for Takahashi! Looks like four Japanese men into GPF is almost a reality! Nan Song doesn't have much luck, does he?! Carried off at 4CC last year, and withdrew and "faint?" at here? And Joubert? Geez!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Congratulations to Machida! Huge upset for this event, and for Takahashi! Looks like four Japanese men into GPF is almost a reality! Nan Song doesn't have much luck, does he?! Carried off at 4CC last year, and withdrew and "faint?" at here? And Joubert? Geez!
    2012 TEB GP has no contenders for the GPF and a weak field too

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Machida
    Score: 153.44, total 236.92 and into 1st
    Chan's 243.43 at SC > Machida's 236.92 at CoC. Chan won!!!! (if only he skated here ).
    Hanyu's 243.74 at SA > Machida's 236.92. Hanyu won!!!
    That tells you how weak this event was.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 11-03-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Why the heck would the Japanese fed want Hanyu and Dai to face each other in the Grand Prix? Not to mention I thought that Hanyu and Dai weren't suppose to face each other so both were in the top group...That's called the Japanese Fed screwing over their own skaters.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup
    We know from the past that sometimes the events expected to be the best turn out to be rather meh. With that in mind: Oda is a good early season skater, and Chan did not look great last weekend. What if...

CoR:
    1. Oda
    2. Kozuka
    3. Chan

TEB is unimportant for the GPF, though it could prove quite entertaining

then NHK
    1. Takahashi
    2. Hanyu
    3. Fernandez
    It's true that the GPF field is still pretty open. But I don't think Oda's chances at CoR are that good - he got pretty low-balled on the PCS at SC and didn't beat a sub-par Chan there, despite being nearly clean. I'd actually expect 1. Kozuka 2. Chan 3. Oda now, but we'll have to wait and see. TEB looks quite lame compared to CoR and NHK.
    And I do hope the JSF is realizing they might have shot their own foot by having Hanyu and Takahashi at NHK. I'd still say they're both going to make it, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc
    Why the heck would the Japanese fed want Hanyu and Dai to face each other in the Grand Prix? Not to mention I thought that Hanyu and Dai weren't suppose to face each other so both were in the top group...That's called the Japanese Fed screwing over their own skaters.
    Probably they just assumed both would win theirf first assigments - which looked likely, but it was stupid to bet on it knowing both of them 'like' to bomb early in the season.
    Last edited by Li'Kitsu; 11-03-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Custom Title
    What if Johnny Weir wins bronze at CoR and gold at TEB?

Medalist
    1st and 4th beats 2nd and 3rd, right? So Florent could still make the final if he wins TEB. Also, you guys are forgetting about Dornbush. I doubt he'll make the final but he could block others from making the final. Like if he gets bronze and NHK and knocks Daisuke off the podium.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast