2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Note to skating fans. In respect to when pigs fly it should not be in reference to Johnny Weir. Mr. Weir would not be seen or associated with pigs - that would be tres gauche. Mr. Weir insists he wears only in the finest of lamb hide or perhaps calfskin but certainly not pigskin. What next, pleather? Perhaps when Luis Vuitton lambs fly would be more appropriate???? :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
On a comment about the men's skating. I was shocked Tak lost - I thought he was invincible this year though I don't like the concept of his programs as much as Chan's or Javier's. Well inconsistent Voronov was a nice little surprise; but I sadly have to go meh to Reynolds. I know some people say he skate's because he has no competiton for no. 2 Canada men (he could be third this year actually as they have three spots - kind of like Jenna McCorkell probably should retire but can still make the national team.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Daisuke :'( I hope he can win NHK!

But congratulations to Machida, anyway! He did a good job and that is quite an accomplishment pulling the upset like that! Japanese Nationals is going to be crazy - I can't wait :)

Nan Song's collision looked pretty bad...hope he's okay. Talk about bad luck. It must be a disappointment for him not to be able to skate the FS in his home country.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
I will laugh SO HARD if the Japanese men that qualify for the GPF turn out to be Machida, Kozuka and Oda.

So in 2010-2011, we have a trending Oda, a soaring Takahiko, a faltering Takahashi, and an inconsistent Hanyu. In 2011-2012, we have an injured Oda, a slumping Takahiko, a rejuvenated Takahashi, and a prodigal Hanyu. What wacky antics will we see the Japanese men perform at the rest of the Grand Prix series and the Japanese nationals this season?

Why the heck would the Japanese fed want Hanyu and Dai to face each other in the Grand Prix? Not to mention I thought that Hanyu and Dai weren't suppose to face each other so both were in the top group...That's called the Japanese Fed screwing over their own skaters.

I imagine they gambled that Hanyu and Takahashi would win their other GP assignment and split the Gold/Silver at NHK. The short term gain is that Daisuke and Yuzuru would draw a large crowd at home. Daisuke is the best performing Japanese man last season with a large following and Yuzuru is the hometown boy at Sendai. Not even the Russian fed was that daring with Yagudin and Plushenko.

We should look out for any crazy podium placements for the next few GP events, especially NHK. They will have a huge impact on rankings and tiebreakers.

Figuring

Rinkside
It is said Song lost one tooth and had a concussion. But actually there are different rumors now.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Looked like they bumped each other on the head. But Adam was fine.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Adam was the one with the speed. But other factors determined who and what would be injured.

eta. Adam jumped and landed on Patrick at their SC collision two years ago. Looking at how Takahashi was hurt at the GPF when Kozuka landed on him, I'm so glad Patrick wasn't injured. These collisions can be dangerous. There are speed, blades, force of landing a jump, and hard ice. Poor Nan. I hope he is OK but still he missed his chances to skate and maybe podium at his home country, and building up his points and career with ISU.

etaa: Upon closer watching, I see Nan was knocked off his feet and up in the air a bit before coming down. It was quite a force and/or he was injured at the moment of collision and lost control of his body immediately.

Last edited:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I got a feeling Dai will be out of GPF. Its Japanese federation owns fault for puting both Dai and Hanyu in same event. They did their own grave. If either one of them at TEB, it should be any easy event.

Now with NHK, Gold and Silver will prob be between Hanyu and Fernandez, which will qualify them for final. Dai is the weakest in terms of jumps content among these three, unless Fernandez bombs and got into 3rd place. After COR, Chan and Kazuko will be in. So that will remain only one spot, between Oda and Dai, assuming Abott win TEB. If Amadio wins TEB, he will take the last spot. Oh my.....

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

Adam bumps into head on and he doesn't even bother to help Song stand up or stick around to make sure he is ok. That's very rude. Are there rules that skaters cannot touch each other or something????

sapphiresky

Rinkside
Surprising ending to this competition...crazy deep field in Japanese men, too bad there's only 3 spots.

And did Brian Joubert bail the FP again?