Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    What an unpredictable season for the reigning world medalists.

Chan losing Skate Canada, Hanyu losing Skate America, Takahashi losing Cup of China....oof.
    It is unpredictable, so very unpredictable. That's partially what makes it (in my opinion) so very exciting! Especially because all of these men are brilliant skaters. (Takahashi is still the best performer by far, although his programs this year aren't as amazing as last year's...)

I know people have already commented on it, but Japanese Nationals is going to be amazing and heartbreaking all at once!

Tripping on the Podium
    Yuzuru was assigned NHK Trophy so he could skate in his hometown, Sendai for the first time since the quake and Daisuke received the home pick as the highest finisher at Worlds. It's not the best for their GPF chances, but I understand why it was done.

Despite their 4th place finishes, if either Jeremy or Florent win TEB, then they will have 24 points and will win the tiebreak if Daisuke/Yuzuru/Patrick finish 3rd. With Javier at NHK and the TEB field looking a bit thin, it certainly could happen, so I'm not counting out TEB just yet.

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow, what an unexpected results!
    Haven't seen any videos, but it seems that Dai had poor skate :(

Is Nan Song OK now? I'm so worried about him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketry View Post
    Despite their 4th place finishes, if either Jeremy or Florent win TEB, then they will have 24 points and will win the tiebreak if Daisuke/Yuzuru/Patrick finish 3rd. With Javier at NHK and the TEB field looking a bit thin, it certainly could happen, so I'm not counting out TEB just yet.
    Jeremy finished 5th at SA

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    It's true that the GPF field is still pretty open. But I don't think Oda's chances at CoR are that good - he got pretty low-balled on the PCS at SC and didn't beat a sub-par Chan there, despite being nearly clean.
    I think that result owed directly to the location of the event (and Oda's status as the Japanese number 4, or 5, or whatever he is these days). With no Russian in the mix next week, the CoR results could prove quite interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    What if Johnny Weir wins bronze at CoR and gold at TEB?
    Then pigs will fly over Sochi during the GPF.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketry View Post
    For some reason I was sure Florent finished 5th, I guess because he was 5th in both segments last weekend. In that case, TEB might still have GPF implications. And even if doesn't have the strongest field, it does have an interesting one. And there have been plenty of times when events with seemingly strong fields have disappointed.

The TEB field currently has the two WDs from CoC, both of whom might not be well enough to compete in two weeks' time. That could certainly have an effect on the outcome there.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Jeremy finished 5th at SA
    Ah, my mistake. I guess Menshov has a chance if he wins Rostlecom then. Which would be truly crazy XD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Then pigs will fly over Sochi during the GPF.
    like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_WWbWBRV-c
    or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlYM_jtqAWM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post

Custom Title
    Note to skating fans. In respect to when pigs fly it should not be in reference to Johnny Weir. Mr. Weir would not be seen or associated with pigs - that would be tres gauche. Mr. Weir insists he wears only in the finest of lamb hide or perhaps calfskin but certainly not pigskin. What next, pleather? Perhaps when Luis Vuitton lambs fly would be more appropriate????

Custom Title
    On a comment about the men's skating. I was shocked Tak lost - I thought he was invincible this year though I don't like the concept of his programs as much as Chan's or Javier's. Well inconsistent Voronov was a nice little surprise; but I sadly have to go meh to Reynolds. I know some people say he skate's because he has no competiton for no. 2 Canada men (he could be third this year actually as they have three spots - kind of like Jenna McCorkell probably should retire but can still make the national team.

Banned
    Rippon and Song's collision Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_DSs3B3dhA&feature=plcp

Custom Title
    do you have any news about Nan Song? i hope he is fine

Custom Title
    Nan is reported to have suffered neck injury but will be OK.

Daisuke :'( I hope he can win NHK!

But congratulations to Machida, anyway! He did a good job and that is quite an accomplishment pulling the upset like that! Japanese Nationals is going to be crazy - I can't wait

Nan Song's collision looked pretty bad...hope he's okay. Talk about bad luck. It must be a disappointment for him not to be able to skate the FS in his home country.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Nan is reported to have suffered neck injury but will be OK.
    Poor Nan, Hope he gets well soon.
    Brian has withdrawn, Dai had a poor skate.. :( I really hope they can comeback with great skate!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast