Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

Custom Title
    Machida's firebird was ridiculous. Seriously. Everyone in the arena was expressing disbelief at his costume before the Rippon/Song clash happened.

But Dai's fp was a bit of a let down too. At this point if he isn't going to make GPF, he should change the program completely....

Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    Machida's firebird was ridiculous. Seriously. Everyone in the arena was expressing disbelief at his costume before the Rippon/Song clash happened.

But Dai's fp was a bit of a let down too. At this point if he isn't going to make GPF, he should change the program completely....
    I think he is, even if he bombs at NHK, he won't place lower than second or third: he recives 80+ PCS even if he falls 2 or 3 times!

Custom Title
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) - 236.92 Free Skate
    2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 231.75 Free Skate
    3. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 217.61 Free Skate
    4. Adam RIPPON (USA) - 205.48 Free Skate
    5. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 202.07 Free Skate
    6. Yi WANG (CHN) - 188.27 Free Skate
    7. Jinlin GUAN (CHN) - 171.04 Free Skate

Collision Between Adam Rippon & Nan Song
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Medalist
    really sad for Nan Song...altought the official speaker and himself said he's ok.some skating fans saw him in the hotel today.He looked really not good.can't walk by himself(need someone help or put his hand on wall for support),and his neck if surrounded with something.He said he can't remember what happened yesterday.and his teeth are broken too T T

Voronov is really a good guy.he's the only one who stop the warm-up and come to see Song,even before the officers notice it....

I don't like Takahashi's FS, I think not suits for him..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LuCN View Post
    really sad for Nan Song...altought the official speaker and himself said he's ok.some skating fans saw him in the hotel today.He looked really not good.can't walk by himself(need someone help or put his hand on wall for support),and his neck if surrounded with something.He said he can't remember what happened yesterday.and his teeth are broken too T T

Voronov is really a good guy.he's the only one who stop the warm-up and come to see Song,even before the officers notice it....

Poor Nan. He has shown signs of concussion from the moment of collision on. Figure skaters learn to fall from jumps, not from body checks, and they don't wear full body protection.

The time on ice at 4CC and after collision at COC must have felt like never ending ages to him. I hope the concussion would not have severe lasting effects on him as they often do, and that he will never suffer another head injury ever again which can compound the effects.

I also hope he will have an unhindered and brilliant skating career from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Love it! <3 Thanks!

Custom Title
    what happened to Nan Song during 4CC? thanks

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    what happened to Nan Song during 4CC? thanks
    He suffered serious latitude sickness after his LP and almost fainted and sent to hospital.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki2012 View Post
    Machida skated well and deserved a win. Takahashi was not in usual form and even lost speed toward the end of program.
    He performed well at JO and got high score, but changed the program quite bit this time. I hope it is not a bad influence from Morozov.

NHK will be a death-match. Both Takahashi and Hanyu need to win or be 2nd at least to go to GPF. Usually, a skater who finished highest position among Japanese at previous World gets assigned to NHK, and 2nd highest skater is assigned to other GPS, but Hanyu is pushed in this time to NHK as it is held at Sendai where earthquake hit hard last year. Hanyu now lives in Canada with his mom. Who cares if he grew up there? This bad decision by JFS may result in worst case that either one of them cannot go to a final. As the way JFS and garbage media are pushing Hanyu, I guess this unfortunate one can be Takahashi. He needs to get back his quad and performs perfectly to win against Judge`s favorite Hanyu.
    It really was a stupid decision by JFS to assign both Daisuke and Yuzuru to NHK. Yuzuru is certainly a wonder boy and has become a perfect symbol of tragedy and hope as Japan struggled to recover from the earthquake and tsunami. For sure the Japanese media will be featuring him prior to and during NHK everywhere, not just for the skating coverage but in all general news. Still, I think he should not have been assigned to NHK. Daisuke was the winner of the 2011 Japan Nationals and thus has all the rights to be at NHK this year.

If JFS insists Yuzuru be at NHK, then they should have assigned Daisuke elsewhere, albeit non-traditionally. It's sickening how they treat Daisuke year after year. But he never complains...he just comes back stronger than ever!!

I've read Chinese fan asked Natalie what's happened to Brian. She said he became ill from food poisoning.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    He suffered serious latitude sickness after his LP and almost fainted and sent to hospital.
    thanks. it seems Song needs some luck. I really like his skating. I hope Buttle's choreography will help him increase the PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    I mean, this song is about a clown who is forced to laugh at his own tragedy and the unfaithfulness of his wife. Not sure that comes across until about the last footwork sequence. That said, his transitions and edgework are amazing.
    This song made me miss Jeff Buttle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPBwENCElg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I did predict all three, though I predicted Joubert to win CoC (pats self on back).

Yeah, I'm taking Macassar's game way too seriously.

(I'm almost afraid to see who you have chosen to win NHK for the men though....)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast