2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

doctor2014

On the Ice
I agree that, at National Championships, the interests of the federation are always observed and that, in 2011, Dai was obviously overscored (86 with three falls!!), but at JO the judges are not Japanese, they are from all over the world, so they did overscore him (91...:no:) but it was not JSF's fault I suppose...
Well, the Japan Open is not a serious ISU GP event. It’s like a commercial event funded mainly by Japan, and its main goal is to entertain the local audience and the winner takes $45,000, a big prize. So I can understand that Daisuke going in as the clear Japan #1 would be given a lot of home bonus at that event.

as much I disliked his FS. It's ridiculous, in some circus artist costume, that btw caused Voronov to get "caught" by Machida's feathers on the podium… Well, after three major events JO, SA and SC Machida is the first winner with no clean quad. :disapp:
Machida’s FS and that costume are indeed unaesthetic, and he is the only Japanese man who’s not attempting a quad in the short program. I respect Daisuke for always going for the quad. He would have won without the 4T, but he still went for it. Machida is just so lucky that he competed at a weak CoC while Oda, Kozuka, and Hanyu are assigned to 2 strong competitions. I so wanted Daisuke to win CoC. Well, I’m still confident that he’ll come back stronger than ever and win NHK.

Victura

On the Ice
Good news! Song looks much better on Sunday evening :)) (according to the evening dinner reports and photos)

and in the lottery draw during the dinner,Dai's coach got a mobilephone and he and Daisuke gave it to Song to wish him recover soon,so warm ;)

btw,some fans met Joubert,he's very kind to everyone,but looked really tired,hope he can recover soon too.

Thanks for the update. Uplifting to read on all three skaters. :)

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Machida's firebird was ridiculous. Seriously. Everyone in the arena was expressing disbelief at his costume before the Rippon/Song clash happened.

But Dai's fp was a bit of a let down too. At this point if he isn't going to make GPF, he should change the program completely....

My thoughts too about the Machida costume! As for DT's program - it was awful. I hated the music; it seemed to completely overpower him & magnify his difficulty with his nemesis: the quad - often two-footed & under-rotated. But it's his first real competition of the year so plenty of time yet.