Page 1 of 161 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Jason Brown

For those of who want to fangirl (or boy?) more over Jason's new programs and gush at his ever-extending flexibility.

Starting with karne's post WITH video!

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I'll do more than share my impressions. I widgeted with my computer to bring you...

Jason Brown - SP - Prince

Jason Brown - LP - Riverdance

Even if you didn't like his SP last year, give this year's a shot. It's been partially rechoreographed and I think he pulls it off with a lot more sass than last season - so sassy it's borderline suggestive.

Riverdance is too short ATM but IMO that's probably a build-him-up thing, since he's probably not fully adjusted to training at altitude yet. He clearly runs out of puff at the end (not surprising) but this is a really super program.
    SP at US Nationals, HD
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0u6M6ALdK8

ETA: And now we can see the results of this wonderful FS. MARATHON TIME!

Broadmoor Open (June 2013)
    Glacier Falls (Aug. 2013)
    Nebelhorn (Sept. 2013)
    Skate America (Oct. 2013)
    Trophee Eric Bompard (Nov.2013)
    Nationals!! (Jan. 2014)

Jason's ISU bio
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012123.htm

Jason's icenetwork bio (which has a full competitive history, and links to video and articles)
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/jason_brown
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-16-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Custom Title
    I was just about to come in here to do this.

But if we're going to have a Jason thread, I better go make a Joshua thread.

Meanwhile, Jason =

My personal top 5 Jason Brown performances

2013 Junior Worlds FS -- 2 lovely 3A, and two 3-3 combination with in the last 30 seconds. Plus all the usual lovely extensions, spins and such.

2011 Nationals FS (Sadly, no where to be found....) -- Smashing senior debut for this kid. Even without a triple axel.

2011-2012 JGPF FS He won the competition with this program. However his Jr. Worlds performance was just as good, if not better. Such a haunting program. So amazing to watch with some distance from it.

2012 Nationals SP This is probably my favorite short program of his (Though if he keeps improving his current one, it might get displaced).

2011 Nationals SP Love the peppy up beat music and how Jason rises with it!

Also yet another fan of Jason's new Riverdance program:

Tai Babilonia ‏@taiskates 14h

@jasonbskates just saw your new long program on face book ~ exquisite! keep workin it ! xo

Custom Title
    Jason's 2011 Nationals FS (the best way - no commentary!). What I love most, I think, is hearing the crowd. At first they're just clapping and cheering like normal, and then you can hear a rise in the intensity as they realise that they are watching something truly special. If you look closely, you can see the crowd beginning to stand while he's still in his final spin. And he was just sixteen!

And meanwhile...the video of Jason's new LP has made 1300+ views. Already.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I was there in that crowd at US Nationals 2011! I've loved Jason's skating ever since. BTW, he got the same reaction from the crowd in the SP as well.

a truly special performer.
    He's also a good exhibition skater. I really liked his 2013 JW hiphop number to MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0jh8jGchO4

I love the 4th of July glasses

Jason's 2011 Nationals FS (the best way - no commentary!). What I love most, I think, is hearing the crowd. At first they're just clapping and cheering like normal, and then you can hear a rise in the intensity as they realise that they are watching something truly special. If you look closely, you can see the crowd beginning to stand while he's still in his final spin. And he was just sixteen!

And meanwhile...the video of Jason's new LP has made 1300+ views. Already.
    Sadly not available when I click on it. :sad: Guess I can watch it on Ice Network!

Some of those 1,300 views are from me clicking it over and over.....

Custom Title
    We have news from Glacier Falls!

And that news is...Jason DEMOLISHED everyone!

1. J Brown (UGL) 242.29 (159.42 FS) (82.87 SP)
    2. R Dornbush 213.09 3 4 (137.79)
    3. S Omori 212.28 4 3 (140.23)
    4. V Zhou 210.06 5 2 (140.45)

By all accounts he was magnificent. We're going to have to wait a bit for videos, but Shotaro did tweet this pic...

(Oh, and for the curious, the Riverdance video totalled 4600+. I didn't see what the final figure was; I left it for a day or since the last check and when I went back it had been deleted and I got a sit on the naughty chair from Youtube.)

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    ^^^

Sorry about the naughty chair... but thank you for taking one for the team!

That is a SERIOUS beatdown he laid on Dornbush. I'd imagine Jason has advanced this program quite a bit since we first got a glimpse.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If you care about the account, next time start a new account when you are tempted to be naughty. And thank you for letting us see Jason's LP! At some point, the Glacier Falls programs are supposed to be available on demand for a price. I definitely want to see them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    If you care about the account, next time start a new account when you are tempted to be naughty. And thank you for letting us see Jason's LP! At some point, the Glacier Falls programs are supposed to be available on demand for a price. I definitely want to see them.
    That's definitely the go the next time I'm tempted to be naughty...which may not be so very long in the future.

Really looking forward to seeing the actual programs. I can't wait to see what Riverdance looks like in its full, triple-included, Senior-length format. It must have been seriously awesome.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Well, if you do something naughty... and I'd certainly never advise it (ahem)... please pm me the link so I can benefit!

Especially if it's the loaded Riverdance program!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Well, if you do something naughty... and I'd certainly never advise it (ahem)... please pm me the link so I can benefit!

Especially if it's the loaded Riverdance program!
    *coughcoughcoughcough*

Please excuse me, I've had a cold the last few days.

Custom Title
    Snoopy15 posted this fancam in the Glacier Falls thread!

Jason's LP!

Snoopy15 posted this fancam in the Glacier Falls thread!

Jason's LP!
    I think Jason's team is being quite smart. The opening jump is clearly going to be a quad at some point. But he needs a plan b if it pops into a 3T. Since he repeats the lutz and the axel, he can't do a 3F-3T later or that combination is invalid. So perhaps he's is training himself to do a 3F-2T when he pops that first jump. So I think he intended to do a 3T, but it popped into a 2T. But he still did the 3F-2T anyway and I think it's so when he starts attempting the quad, he knows what to do if he ends up doing a 3T instead.

Or he might still be marking the jump at this point, but practicing the 3F-2T as if he popped the jump.

So here's the layout he did
    2T
    3A-2T
    CCSp
    3A
    CCoSp
    SlSt
    ----
    3Z-1L-3S
    3F-2T
    3Z (tano)
    ChSq1
    2A
    3Lo
    FCCoSp

So basically, he has 5 triples (potentially 6) triples after the halfway mark, while the front half is loaded with 2 3As and a (potentially) a quad.

Custom Title
    I just noticed that before, that he's running a 3-5 layout this season, with two combos in the second half. He and his team are nothing but smart!

I think they got a bit over-ambitious at Nationals when they tried to put the second 3A in the second half, and they know it. It really looks like that jump's not a problem for him anymore. I'm so pleased.

Page 1 of 161 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast