Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

This Russian babies are on fire. Yulia is as consistent as Kim Yuna, Elena has the it factor, Anna is a technical power house, Adelina has big jumps. Who can challenge them? Even if you account puberty, they will have someone.
    The era of Asian dominance is over

Really, I dont know what Russia did but it worked very well, they are wonderful, especially Elena and Adelina

Banned
    also there is Proklova, Sakahnovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova, eligible for 2018
    then Gubanova, Tsurskaya, Naugumova etc. all eligible for 2022

US though cannot compete in quantity have now good skaters to choose from
    Gracie Gold, Polina Edmunds, Karen Chen, Amber Glenn

also Japan will rise again in 2022 with Marin Honda etc.

I agree the trend will be back to US-Russia rivalry for some time
    I predict blondes will win a World title

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Yulia had one helluva season.

2 GP Golds
    1 GPF Silver(first appearance)
    1 Russian National Silver
    1 Euro's Gold (youngest ever and first appearance)
    1 Olympic Gold(team event but was a huge presence)
    1 Silver medal at her debut WC's

That is on par for greatness. If she can learn to except mistakes and not beat herself up she will continue to grow. Mao and Yuna fell many times and still dominated. I think she grows up a little each time and the more she learns to enjoy skating the more her expressions will continue to grow. I for one am not worried as some are for her to have awful growth spurt. If it happens now or next year she has plenty of time to adjust for the next Olympics.

So many up and comers but Yulia has a presence that is hard to put your finger on and even her haters find some charm to it.

Yulia and Anya are just great!!

all girls are amazing...

On the Ice
    I'm very impressed with Anna. This WC was the first time I've seen this 15yr old, and she wowed me. Her technical skills are solid, and she has powerful jumps with good carry. The only other skater who wowed me like this was 16 yr old Yuna Kim at 2007 WC with her El Tango de Roxanne. Anna has the technical skills. She just needs to work on the artistry part with the right choreographer.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Jump View Post
    I'm very impressed with Anna. This WC was the first time I've seen this 15yr old, and she wowed me. Her technical skills are solid, and she has powerful jumps with good carry. The only other skater who wowed me like this was 16 yr old Yuna Kim at 2007 WC with her El Tango de Roxanne. Anna has the technical skills. She just needs to work on the artistry part with the right choreographer.
    What a compliment! So Anna P. is the future Yuna Kim? That'd be great, hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Elistra View Post
    What a compliment! So Anna P. is the future Yuna Kim? That'd be great, hope it happens.
    Careful. Comparing anyone to Kim Yuna is sacrilegiuos here

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I want Anna and Elena to go places. I'm confident about Anna, but a little scared for Elena. I hope she can leave her mark in the senior circuit next year. Whatever happens 3 spots are not enough.....

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Careful. Comparing anyone to Kim Yuna is sacrilegiuos here
    Why not? Yuna Kim is neither the pope nor a holy sage. She is a human being just like the rest of us, albeit a very good skater that is.

Custom Title
    At least they have 3 places at both Europeans and Worlds. But 4 skaters that would deserve it based on the results on this season (Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Radionova and Pogorilaya) and a few more who may (or may not) sort out their problems and surprise us during the next season (Tuktamysheva, Leonova, Gosviani and maybe even Artemeva). I have already given up on Agafonova, Biryukova and Korobeynikova. I don't think they have a chance now.

Actually, I think it is a good job that Proklova, Sakahnovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova must stay one year longer at juniors. It would be heart breaking to see them missing out on the major events only because it is too many of them in seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Elistra View Post
    Why not? Yuna Kim is neither the pope nor a holy sage. She is a human being just like the rest of us, albeit a very good skater that is.
    It was a joke.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    Really, I dont know what Russia did but it worked very well, they are wonderful, especially Elena and Adelina

seriouslyyyy...not adelina////

Tripping on the Podium
    I doubt we see Sotnikova continue beyond another season or two, if that much. She has carried the weight of Russian expectations and pressure for years now, she has won the ultimate prize and has a group of newbies hot on her heels. As for those newbies, I hope they develop well, become consistent and can thrive under the pressure of expectations their early success is creating. It's a lot easier to get to the top than to stay there but time will tell.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast