Page 9 of 205 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    Random question now that I'm reminded of it: Other than Mao why does no one put their triple-triple later in the SP, or for that matter in the FS.
    No one wants to put their 3-3 later in the SP because if they miss the combination, they're done. No second chance at the combo. Which is why when Mao doubled her 3Lo and didn't do a combination, she ended up 16th. I'm sure Julia can do it, but it's much safer to just put the 3-3 at the beginning.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BounceAround View Post
    At the beginning of the season, I was put off by her heart drawings in the short program. Now it is my guilty pleasure, and learning the story line just added to the fun. At the end, I imagine she is gathering her abandoned dreams and flinging them at the haters. Eat my dead dreams, hater!

Good luck, Yulia! I hope she continues to have a wonderful career.
    I remember that watching for the first time at SC I didn't completely like it. It was similar to when I first saw her skate, a couple months after 2012 Worlds. I saw the candle spin, and, being used to Sasha's range of flexibility it looked unnatural/forced for the first couple of times, but by the third time I just though wow. The second(third?) time I watched You Don't Give Up on Love, I was reminded of a spiritual skit we did called "Heart" Skit. The communication of an idea to the audience was achieved not through words but by dramatic actions including drawing of a heart with fingers in the air, as well as throwing it upwards, catching it, showing that it was beating, giving it away, allowing it to be dropped/stomped on and ripped to pieces, and also picking up the pieces and then the heart being healed at various times. All of this made me appreciate her skate more, and it suits her age perfectly. A more child-like view of how you don't give up on love.

I really think her ability to draw you in, to focus on what she's thinking/feeling, helps her skating to mesmerize.

CarneAsada: Right, of course there's a great reason. I guess I just wasn't seeing the forest for the trees.

Custom Title
    At the beginning of the season, I was put off by her heart drawings in the short program. Now it is my guilty pleasure, and learning the story line just added to the fun. At the end, I imagine she is gathering her abandoned dreams and flinging them at the haters. Eat my dead dreams, hater!

I remember that watching for the first time at SC I didn't completely like it. It was similar to when I first saw her skate, a couple months after 2012 Worlds. I saw the candle spin, and, being used to Sasha's range of flexibility it looked unnatural/forced for the first couple of times, but by the third time I just though wow. The second(third?) time I watched You Don't Give Up on Love, I was reminded of a spiritual skit we did called "Heart" Skit. The communication of an idea to the audience was achieved not through words but by dramatic actions including drawing of a heart with fingers in the air, as well as throwing it upwards, catching it, showing that it was beating, giving it away, allowing it to be dropped/stomped on and ripped to pieces, and also picking up the pieces and then the heart being healed at various times. All of this made me appreciate her skate more, and it suits her age perfectly. A more child-like view of how you don't give up on love.

I really think her ability to draw you in, to focus on what she's thinking/feeling, helps her skating to mesmerize.

CarneAsada: Right, of course there's a great reason. I guess I just wasn't seeing the forest for the trees.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Fans of Julia might want to check out her Fan Fest thread.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ia-Lipnitskaia

Fan Fest threads are meant to be positive, and they do not get archived as rapidly as Edge threads. I have copied the contents of this thread into the Julia thread, so it will not be lost.

Custom Title

If the pendulum in ladies skating has swung from Japan to Russia, then I think we're in for a great four years of figure skating watching Adelina v. Yulia fight it out at home and on the world stage. Should they raise the bar both athletically and artistically, then we all win.

But yes, I think Yulia is out for Adelina's blood right now. If not quite to that degree, she would be eager to say, like that old show tune, "HEY! LOOK ME OVER!!!"

Custom Title
    Yulia is one of the brightest shooting stars I have ever seen in sports. But I worry about how tiny and fragile she is and hope she can last for a long career. I am also surprised that she and Adelina are good friends as competitive as they are with each other. Good to know. So many pics of them hanging out together. But I bet seeing Adelina win gold in Sochi in the individual stung her at first then I bet she appreciated what Adelina did and was happy for her. But after the team event I am sure Yulia thought it would be her taking the gold and not Adelina.

Banned
    Julia, hogged by the media with Medvedev going into her new Mercedez Benz Car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW-Y-...layer_embedded

Banned
    Julia's FS in Team Event is on the Olympics Page now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0iusvydl8

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    http://youtu.be/x6q5iTjNfZo

Yulia in the Moscow Olympic Champion Show!!
    Wow, I don't understand those who say that without jumps she is not good. That was beautiful.

I love this girl's SP and FS equally, classic choice. The only problem is, will she score as much as in Sochi when she compete in Japan?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I love this girl's SP and FS equally, classic choice. The only problem is, will she score as much as in Sochi when she compete in Japan?
    Probably not. Both she and Adelina will be critically scored in Japan if they both skate there. Mao will get the home crowd cheers and home crowd scores though. Unless se falls of course then all bets are off.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Yulia doing an interview for Moscow-24. It shows her workout routines,conversations and very little skating. You can tell she's a sweet kid but you can see her tough side is always present.

http://www.m24.ru/videos/44074

I don't think it's a mobile only link but if so let me know and I'll log into my computer with my VK account and update this post later.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Skate Canada Gala Practice (kill bill)

http://youtu.be/POz20eegtgs

Yulia Lipnitskaya-san, Roshia! Rhodium's Avatar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    confirmed this is a real instagram account of Julia
    she seems to post just a recent photos of professionally done ones

Page 9 of 205 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast