Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 111 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
:scowl: this off-season is killing me! Yulia's 1st GP, please come as soon as possible!

starlight97

Final Flight

:love: my favorite junior and my favorite senior jumping in syncronisation!

Interesting how they have completely different techniques regarding their entries. Yulia always/most of the time does those little change-foot-hops before a 3T :)
One can see it really good here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AEwvdYqw8 on the ones from 1:20 to 1:32. Looks so effortless!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the exit. Yulia really holds her free leg up and out on her landings. Serafima didnt really do this that well before joining Eteri's group. Amazing to see two completely different styles timed up side by side like this in perfect unison. My two favorites training together...love it!

Thanks Waterskiiiepic and thanks Starlight97 for posting Yulia's Gala.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Found this news article online the other day about young Russian atheletes from other sports. Here is Yulia's segment.
Yulia Lipnitskaya (figure skater)
Today there are strict adult limitations in figure skating, making it impossible for young girls to participate in the key adult international competitions. This is why Yulia Lipnitskaya, who at 13 was the Russian runner-up among adults and who won all of the season’s youth competitions, stayed behind the scenes for quite some time.

Yulia Lipnitskaya looking forward to World Championships
When she finally did emerge from the shadows, she took the world by storm. At the 2014 Sochi Olympics, Lipnitskaya was the Russian team’s figure skating hero, winning the maximum possible points and becoming the youngest Olympic champion in figure-skating history.
Yulia Lipnitskaya: “When I bungled the free skating program in Moscow, they told me that the selection would be based on that particular tournament. Then they were saying that the girls would be chosen for the Games in Japan, at the Grand Prix Final. I had the best result among the Russian participants, but I was immediately told that the selection would actually be made at the Russian Championships. After a while, it turned out that wasn’t true – everything would be decided at the European Championships. So when I won, I did not have the feeling at all that everything was finally over and I was on the team.” (Sport Express. From an interview before the 2014 Olympics)

They talk about other young Russian atheletes too. Check it out.
http://m.in.rbth.com/arts/2014/10/07/russias_sporting_wunderkinds_38817.html

starlight97

Final Flight
Thanks for posting Sam

Pretty mean and psychologically stressful to tell the girls that this and that event would bring the decision and then disclaiming it after the event.
But that's (russian) psychology I guess. To make them deliver and push them up at every event of the past season. But still not my cup of tea to play with 15 and 17 year old minds like that when they already have to bear enough.
I can only imagine how easy and relaxed this season must feel for her compared to what she went through pre-, at and post-olympics.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thanks for posting Sam
Pretty mean and psychologically stressful to tell the girls that this and that event would bring the decision and then disclaiming it after the event.
But that's (russian) psychology I guess. To make them deliver and push them up at every event of the past season. But still not my cup of tea to play with 15 and 17 year old minds like that when they already have to bear enough.
I can only imagine how easy and relaxed this season must feel for her compared to what she went through pre-, at and post-olympics.
I don't know but I think it's a bit harsh. I mean these are children, not aldults. Of course Russian fed want results but they are still children, these competitons push their mentality too much already.

papa

Match Penalty
Found this news article online the other day about young Russian atheletes from other sports. http://m.in.rbth.com/arts/2014/10/07/russias_sporting_wunderkinds_38817.html
Thank you Sam! :clap:

Another very interesting article from this site:
http://in.rbth.com/arts/2014/03/27/...ing_forward_to_world_championships_34051.html
Yulia, this year you have two lyrical programs. Do you feel like doing something different next season, something more carefree?

No, I don't. Of course, I’ll perform fun programs too, if I’m told to, but I won't be able to fill them with the same emotional energy. Besides, I’ll inevitably be compared with other skaters who have had programs like that and they’ll be found to be more expressive than me.
Wow! She obv knows her limitations, but how often do you witness world class athlete being THAT honest? :eek:
She is basically saying, that she can't perform fun programs yet, I hope she will get there with time, because I miss ↓this↓ on the ice...:)
http://wallpapershd2014.com/wallpap...kaya-skater-smile-champion-hot-ice-Russia.jpg