Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Papa, so if it happens (I do hope nothing so terrible does, ever!), you know who to kill. :(

Meoima

Match Penalty
Even though I like Nam (cause he looks like my friend's child) but in no way I would say Nam is more artistic than Yulia. :laugh: musicality is very subjective in this sport because these skaters don't play music, they are not musicians we can't tell for sure who feel music better. Poor Yulia for all the negative comments about her musicality. FS is not about musicality, it's more about hitting the jumps at the right beat and notes.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Comparing Nam and Julia seems silly!
I just keep wondering why so many people are negative about Julia...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Comparing Nam and Julia seems silly!
I just keep wondering why so many people are negative about Julia...
Well I did ask the same question about Yuzuru even though he never said anything bad at all. (I like PChiddy but I can get why he gets hate sometimes.) the answer is simple: because these kids have won too many competitions.
Now and then I still see some posters with nick name like "Kwan is overrated" in FSU. :rolleye:

Yamita

On the Ice
Well ... I do not like all skaters but I see no need to hate anyone to express my ultimate support for Yulia. I am deeply touched watching she skates, and I am very happy to find so many of you here :), but I never imagine everybody has to feel the same. :no:

Too much hate does not help their own beloved stars at all.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Anyone who makes such a comment is to be pitied, it is a reflection of their insensitivity. More than anyone Yulia becomes the music, her body is the visual instrument of the music. So are these detractors saying the music has no emotional content? I could go on and on about her upcoming short program (incomplete at the open skate--more to come!), but nobody would read it all and for good reason. So here is just one outstanding example of her artistry in Megapolis. In the middle of the footwork section (at about one minute into the program) she comes to a full stop with her arms crossed above her head, matching the full stop of the music's harmony. The next note of music jumps an octave, it's like a brutal slap that stings the face of one who is already beaten. Notice how she throws her body back on this note as if she has been struck violently, emphasizing both the thrusting character of the notes and its context within the general violence of this section of Megapolis. https://8chan.co/yulia/src/1414687670790-0.webm (link courtesy of papa). This is a brilliant example of her style, which always integrates the music's shape, structure and meaning into performances accessible to everyone in their own way. Just open eyes, ears and heart. And let's not be distracted by irrelevancies such as falls.

Keeping up with papa, thanks for telling about skate america. I watched the two Russians on youtube and was mightily impressed. There seems to be a Russian school of skaters emerging, something like the Russian school of pianists.

Thank you for the truly insightful commentary on her SP, And I agree with everything you said. Just every once in a while the outrage at crazy comments builds up and as soon as I have ranted about it I feel better.

Edited: 9 days, 8 hours, and 3 minutes until the Ladies SP starts. (Apparently I can't count. But in my defense I had to find out what time the SP started on the schedule, figure out what time it is in Shanghai, realize that daylight savings time will result in a one hour difference between now and then, and after that calculate the time remaining.)

Edit: I agree with Alba, I would definitely read more on Yulia's SP

Fayruza

Match Penalty
We've waited for months. So nine days... are just about OK.
I wish she were performing in Moscow some time soon, but... no luck!

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Mah in those months I have become lunatic at some point.

Me too, me too. I went into withdrawal so bad I started skating again. Four days a week! I must be crazy. I keep injuring myself, though. The first day I wiped out on a choctaw which made the next two weeks unbearable and I was almost ready to quit again. Then I got better, landed a few Axels and started doing laybacks and flying camels and remembered how much I loved it. I strained one of the muscles in my back last Thursday and it still isn't better. :cry: Hopefully by Monday.

In the meantime I have SC to distract me, as my appreciation for the difficulty of what the elite athletes is skyrocketing as I am challenged by rudimentary jumps and spins.

Alba

Record Breaker
Haters have to hate something, I guess. Such a waste of time and energy...

This. :thumbsup:

The good news is that Eurosport is showing CoC all live. :yay:

I hope my media center is ok so I can record it.

alebi

Medalist
Mah in those months I have become lunatic at some point.

ahahah LOL you have my understanding :agree:

the season hasn't had the best beginning (all those problems regarding her programs) which made the wait more complicated and intolerable

starlight97

Final Flight
The good news is that Eurosport is showing CoC all live. :yay:

That's great!
The Eurosport guys are the best commentators imho . They don't have preferences, they talk about the skate that's going down, not sth else, and what they say is actually worth listening to.
I loved how they provided some insight at SA and had their opinions without ever being disrespectful :thumbsup:

I just hope she'll be more comfortable with her skates when CoC starts. I reallt want her to have a good start to the season so she can be calm and confident going forward!

sjid

Final Flight
Yes, artistry is subjective, but if Yulia was American, this whole forum would have been buzzing around "new inward school in figure skating"... :laugh:;)

If Yulia was American she wouldn't be a kite, she'd be a drone.

Alba

Record Breaker
Alba, if you have recorded it, could you please share Yulia's programs here? Thanks. :)

If everything works well I will record it for sure. It will be Eurosport Ita though, because I'm sure others will record British Eurosport and plus, Eurosport Ita commentators are great. ;)