Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It could be edited around that 2:00 mark build up and recycled in different parts as a theme. I purchased it on iTunes and am actually remixing it with a 16 channel mixer I own to be more skater friendly.(I'm a muscician at heart) I'm trying really hard to get a girl I know that has a shot at Nationals this year or next to use it for her SP. So I see it as a SP piece.

It's from a group that was on Brittains got talent and as far as I know not from the Matrix. I never watch movies though:slink:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if you've seen this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lg0hdRIO9M
The Russians , US and Canadian team watching Julia do her Team LP.

Stolbova is so funny here. She tenses up before each jump, same thing I was doing. :laugh:

Ashley Wagner looked like she kept saying "that's crazy". Her and Jason Brown caught my attention. They really seemed to respect it. In turn it makes me respect them more. Is it sad that I knew every element she was doing and what they clapping for by the music alone:slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner looked like she kept saying "that's crazy". Her and Jason Brown caught my attention. They really seemed to respect it. In turn it makes me respect them more.

True. Kirsten Moore-Towers as well. :clap:

Is it sad that I knew every element she was doing and what they clapping for by the music alone:slink:

I know! I was thinking the same. :laugh:

It could be edited around that 2:00 mark build up and recycled in different parts as a theme. I purchased it on iTunes and am actually remixing it with a 16 channel mixer I own to be more skater friendly.(I'm a muscician at heart) I'm trying really hard to get a girl I know that has a shot at Nationals this year or next to use it for her SP. So I see it as a SP piece.

It's from a group that was on Brittains got talent and as far as I know not from the Matrix. I never watch movies though:slink:

Yes I know the group. The music is Matrix, it was Brian Joubert LP in 2004: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PXy-qmNnic

moviechick

On the Ice
I often hear about this puberty thing and how she will have problems. When can I expect people stop "worrying" about this? :popcorn:

It's different for different people but girls tend to go through puberty early. If she's still the same at 16, I wouldn't count on her growing any more than that. Really, none of my high school friends grew much after 13-14 even. However, weight can be an issue as it fluctuates with hormones and a lot of girls did gain weight in their mid teens who were previously very thin, but eventually returned to a slimmer frame in college.

Alba

Record Breaker
It's different for different people but girls tend to go through puberty early. If she's still the same at 16, I wouldn't count on her growing any more than that. Really, none of my high school friends grew much after 13-14 even. However, weight can be an issue as it fluctuates with hormones and a lot of girls did gain weight in their mid teens who were previously very thin, but eventually returned to a slimmer frame in college.

Yes, weight can be a problem. I remember Irina had problems with weight although she was never "thin". Kwan or Lu Chen don't remember having problems (?). I hope will be the same for her.

moviechick

On the Ice
Yes, weight can be a problem. I remember Irina had problems with weight although she was never "thin". Kwan or Lu Chen don't remember having problems (?). I hope will be the same for her.

Kwan was thinner at 13-14 definitely, but I don't think it was ever a major issue for her. I think the strict training regime of amateur skaters probably keeps weight from being too much of a problem. It's when the skaters retire/turn pro that you usually see a lot of weight gain.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

She turns 16 in June:yay:

But she'll have to grow some at some point right. I kind of think it will be awkward for a year or so...maybe were seeing some of it now. Pictures of her before Finlandia seem to suggest growth but all the Instagram photos at Worlds seem to almost suggest she is shrinking. I think the good news is she has very broad powerful shoulders which will serve her well if she starts to develop lower body wise. I'd actually think a little more legs and thighs may improve her jumps. Fingers crossed!!

moviechick

On the Ice
Well, even if it all ends in a year or two, she certainly made a huge splash and was the most talked about skater of the Sochi Olympics.

Meoima

Match Penalty
She turns 16 in June:yay:

But she'll have to grow some at some point right. I kind of think it will be awkward for a year or so...maybe were seeing some of it now. Pictures of her before Finlandia seem to suggest growth but all the Instagram photos at Worlds seem to almost suggest she is shrinking. I think the good news is she has very broad powerful shoulders which will serve her well if she starts to develop lower body wise. I'd actually think a little more legs and thighs may improve her jumps. Fingers crossed!!

I would love her body to stay as it is at the moment, but no one knows what will happen, I hope the puberty goes easy on her.

Rhodium

On the Ice
I can't load that but ill try to find another link.

On a related note I really wish I could suggest this song for her. It sounds like a cross between her Schindlers List and You Don't Give Up On Love with a modern beat over it. The 2:00 mark would be great for a spin or two. Or a giant 30 revolution tornado!

http://youtu.be/pM5g4i7VjDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNdsEBcbgE

JL: "We all (with Eteri and Ilya Averbukh) thought about the musiс for the FS and almost came to an agreement. I like a composition for the SP. It is a powerful music and I will insist on it. But I can change my mind and trainers can disapprove of it."

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not posting this whole article because my translator isn't very good but I'm going to attempt to clean up a few quotes I thought worthy of noting...especially those of us that thought maybe she was over worked and near burnout!! Sorry it I interpret things wrong...I'm trying my best.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/1186_yuliya-...j-poluchilsya/

Julia, a difficult season ended?

JL- Hooray!! Finally. Happy season is over because there is almost no effort or emotion left. It's all like a dream or habit...very tired.

The main results of the season?

JL- Won the Olympics and the European Championship! In general this season has turned mega cool(not sure if that is translated correct)

I can't figure out the next few questions and phrasing but it seems to imply that she is happy to win the Silver at WC's for Russia and not herself ...

Eteri Tutberidze and you are thinking about complicating the program? Is this neccasary.

JL- Not now but but it will be.

Do you have time to relax?

JL-I refuse to work without rest because it really is imposible. Of course I have time to relax. (THANK GOD)

You are not worn out I'm to take it?

JL-It's all habit! After the Olympics I have nothing to fear.

Is it nice when they find you in the street(public?)

JL-Not always. When I'm in a bad mood and their all happy I don't even know how to smile. But I must be able.

Alright feel free to correct me because I took a few liberties and made a few guesses based on what I know of Russian(limited). It might be rough but I think it gets the point across.

alebi

Medalist
I got the impression that Julia is becoming chatty and less secretive with journalists and other skaters too :clap: I've seen some funny photos involving her :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I found this article by chance and it made me think of Yulia and the comments about her smiling or not.

I know this article might be a generalisation and perhaps a bit stereotyped, but it's very interesting and fun to read because although I'm not Russian I'm very much like this when it comes to smiling. :biggrin:

10 varieties of Russian smiles
Russians have a reputation for being stern, serious, unsmiling people. But actually, Russians do smile, and their smiles mean different things in different situations.

For many centuries, everyday existence in Russia was a strenuous battle for survival; the life of the common Russian was grueling, and worry became entrenched as a standard common facial expression.

Given this situation, a smile reflects an exception to the rule — well-being, prosperity, a good mood — and while all of this may occur to some people and in exceptional circumstances, it is noticed by everyone.

Sincerity and openness are hallmarks of Russian culture, which is why Russian smiles are rare and expressed only in contexts where they are appropriate and express an honest emotion of happiness. Here are some descriptions of typical Russian smiles — and non-smiles.

1. The closed-mouth smile

Most often, Russians smile only with their lips, only occasionally showing the upper row of teeth slightly. Revealing the top and bottom teeth is considered vulgar, as it resembles either an animal with bared teeth or a horse.

2. The “servant’s smile” :laugh:

In Russian communication, a smile is not a signal of politeness. Russians consider a perpetual polite smile an “servant’s smile.” It is considered a demonstration of insincerity, secretiveness and unwillingness to show one’s true feelings.

3. The non-smile

In Russian communication, it is not acceptable to smile at strangers. Russians smile mainly at people they know. This is why salespeople do not smile at shoppers.

4. The responsive smile

Russians do not automatically respond to a smile with a smile. If an acquaintance responds to a smile with a smile, this is considered an invitation to come over and start a conversation.

5. The smile as a symbol of affection

A Russian smile demonstrates to the recipient that the smiling person has personal affection towards him or her. A smile directed at a stranger may elicit the reaction, “Do we know each other?”

6. The official’s non-smile

Among Russians it is not acceptable to smile while performing one’s job or any important business. Customs agents do not smile because they are occupied with serious business. This is the same for salespeople and waitstaff. It is not acceptable for children to smile in class. One of the most common remarks Russian teachers make is, “What are you smiling at? Write.”

7. The genuine smile

In the Russian collective consciousness, there is a rule: the smile must be a genuine reflection of a good mood and good relationship. In order to have the right to smile, one must truly like the person in question or be in a very good mood at the moment.

8. The smile with no reason

If a Russian person smiles, there should be a good reason behind it – and this reason should be known to everyone likely to witness the smile. If the reason for a smile is not clear, Russians may worry about the reason behind it.

9. The appropriate smile

The other people present must consider the smile to be appropriate for the context. It is not acceptable to smile in a difficult situation or if there are people around with known serious troubles, or if someone is ill or preoccupied with personal problems and so on.

10. A laugh as a smile

Among Russians there is a blurred line between a smile and laughter; in practice, these phenomena are often the same and are likened to each other.

Russians often say to people who are smiling, “What’s so funny?”

Iosif Sternin is the head of the Department of General Linguistics and Stylistics, Voronezh State University.

http://rbth.com/society/2013/11/29/10_varieties_of_russian_smiles_32123.html